NTNP#2 Thread, 15 BFPs!!! Taking it easy & hoping it happens!! Come join us!

I am desperate for a girl but would love a boy for DS as I know he'd love a brother to play football with etc when he's older so I will be happy either way but I know I will feel sadness to never have a daughter. My DH wants another boy but I know he'd love a little girl too. One of each really would be great but I don't really let myself dream- in case it doesn't happen. DH doesn't want to find out this time as we did last time but I have said I actually really have to know...I will drive myself mad for 9 months otherwise and would hate to feel even the slightest pang of disappointment when our next LO is born.

At the end of the day having a child at all is a complete blessing and when you have a child you fall in love with the person they are- not the gender they are. I love my Josh to bits and wouldn't change him for the world :)

Yeah, just to be blessed enough to have another LO is enough for me. Boy or girl....I'll be ecstatic either way :)

I def have to know at the 20 weeks scan too! There is no way I could not not find out......I'm also soooo nosy. It would drive me mad not knowing and I'm lucky my OH is the same.....lol

xxx

God I have to find out at 20 weeks, I can't help myself!
I'd like 3 in total, so think I would love to have a girl next time, and then leave it as a surprise for number 3, cos we'd have everything we need.

It's hard for men sometimes, it must feel a bit like being a performing machine!

kittycat18- hello- so sorry for your loss x

Well, I think I may have been wrong about ovulating last week. Have had 2 days of cramps which I think was ovulation pain. We've managed to dtd CD16, 18 & 19 and today is CD 20 and hoping to dtd again tonight if DH not too tired after work. Using a fertility calendar it says I'm most likely to ovulate tomorrow so things seem to fit. Really hoping that's right anyway, we'll hopefully dtd another couple of days and then keep our fingers crossed.

It's our first month NTNP though so probably not that likely to conceive- especially as I'm so out of touch with my body as everything with my cycle and periods is different to how it used to be before DS and I've only had periods back since Jan. Also, I'm still breastfeeding and cycles have been irregular.

How are all you other ladies getting on?

Broke down and took a test....I'm 9dpo which is when I got my BFP last time, although last time I took it with FMU, and this time it was in the late morning. Anyhoo...I *think* I see a very very faint second line. Could be evap, or 'line eye' but I don't think so. Last time I got a super faint line the day before my bfp, so I'll test again tomorrow with FMU to know for sure. Eek!

Hi kittycat, so sorry for your loss :hugs:

That sounds positive bec :thumbup: Hopefully you've covered all bases!

Ooh Mrs AJ! How exciting! Hope that FMU brings you a beautiful link line!

I'm good, dealing with an extremely grumpy teething bubba bless him. He hasn't got any teeth yet but a line has appeared on his gum and the tooth is so close to the surface. Praying for the bloody thing to come through!

Wow- sounds exciting Mrs. AJ- good luck testing again tomorrow, hope your line gets darker. Got my fingers crossed for you. What symptoms have you got if any?

I've got EWCM so sure my earlier thoughts are right. Just need to dtd with DH and hope he 'performs'! I'm pretending we've missed ovulation and are just doing it for fun so it hopefully takes the pressure off. Not sure how much he'll believe me though seeing as this will be the 4th time in 5 days and we used to only dtd once or twice a month before NTNP!!

I've got cramping, which was my first real 'symptom' last time too. And the first sign was that I made fish for dinner last night and I couldn't eat it, it was just grossing me out for some reason, and I looove fish usually.

Hello All

I would like to join this thread. I am new to this site and decided to register. My husband and i are currently NTNP. Just started this cycle and I am on CD 15. i honestly do not know when i ovulated if I ovulated at all. But since it's 2 weeks past AF which was June 18th I'm guessing that I ovulated but only time will tell...

Hi Laqueta78, welcome to the thread- I only just joined here too, everyone is really friendly :) hope you ovulated and good luck.

So we dtd successfully last night- whoop whoop but I feel a bit ashamed because I faked it for the 1st time! DH needed the encouragement and it obviously worked I just don't feel great about it- I suppose that and me pretending we've missed the big o makes me feel a bit deceitful :( although DH made a comment about his 'swimmers'!! After sex which made me think that he thought we were trying anyway. Will keep my fingers crossed anyway- don't wanna have to lie every month just to help him perform :-/

Keep us updated Mrs. AJ :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Mrs AJ, when is AF actually due?

Hi laqueta!

Aw bec I know that must make you feel a bit guilty but better to boost his ego a little instead of letting him get depressed. A very fine balancing act keeping these men happy sometimes.

DH and I had a bit of an argument over the weekend cos he let slip that we're 'not preventing' pregnancy to our best friends - I got upset cos if we tell people that they're going to expect a pregnancy, and I wanted it to be a surprise if and when it happens. Plus he made some joke about me nagging for sex which really upset me cos I haven't nagged ONCE, even though it's my fertile window right now I've not even tried it on cos he was complaining about a cold. Grr.

Still, we made up last night with the help of some flowers and him apologising, and DTD which definitely helped my mood :thumbup:

Well ladies I got a definite BFP this morning! Yikes! A little scared and overwhelmed, and I cannot freaking believe it happened so fast, but also excited and elated :)

Bec, it really is a balancing act with the guys egos and everything, at least you got to dtd in your fertile window and hopefully it happens this month!

Pielette, glad you and DH were able to make up and dtd!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 5
:happydance: Congratulations Mrs. AJ :happydance:

I can understand you feeling a bit overwhelmed- you don't expect to conceive the first month of trying...I'd be the same. How long did it take you to conceive last time? It took us 4 cycles but had a chemical pregnancy cycle 3 which was hard :(

I hope we've caught our fertile window...I feel so confused about it all. Today I feel so...blah...don't know why :shrug:

Think it may have something to do with rising levels of progesterone as I am really hungry, feel fed up and am soooooo tired. I slept why Josh napped this afternoon for 45 mins- could have had longer if he hadn't have woken. Feel completely knocked for six. Don't know if I'm coming down with something but whenever it happened I'm pretty sure I've ovulated now.

So it's wait and see time. Happy and healthy 9 months Mrs. AJ- suppose you'll be leaving us for 1st tri now?

Thanks Bec! Oh yeah, and AF is actually due tomorrow, so still reaaally early.

I'd like to stick around to see how you ladies get on if you don't mind! :) I'm not a huge fan of the first tri boards, they scare me. I usually just hang out in the journals tbh.

Massive congratulations Mrs AJ! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Please do stick around, I don't like it when people get their BFPs and we don't hear from them again!

Well it sounds like you've covered all bases bec, I don't think you could have done any more. Hope that you feel a bit better soon, and that it might be a sign of something good!

Yes definitely stick around Mrs. AJ- I know exactly what you mean about 1st tri forum- scared me so much when I was pregnant with DS- too many things either going wrong or people worrying things will go wrong! Sure you'll be fine and it'd be lovely to hear how you're getting on.

When I was on here before I got to know several ladies while TTC and we stuck in TTC throughout our pregnancies which was really nice. Most haven't posted much since babies were born but I still pop back as one lady had IVF in the end and after we've all had our babies she finally got her BFP so I'm keeping up a bit with her- she's expecting twins :)

Thanks pielette, don't think it's a sign really- just good old hormones. DH came home early though and made us dinner and helped out with DS which was just what I needed :)

Sorry not been about for a couple of days.....work has been crazy! Finally finished now until next Wednesday. 7 days off........woo :happydance:

Kittycat :hugs: Hope you are feeling ok xxx

Welcome Laqueta78 :flower: I am new here too. Its lovely having people to chat to whilst going through the journey.

Aw Becs27, glad to hear you got to DTD and sounds promising you did it at the right time :thumbup: I've got my fingers crossed for you x
And don't feel bad for faking it. I have done it myself in the past. You are doing it for the right reasons. If it helps him feel more confident then its worth it. I'm also worrying about my OH thinking I'm only DTD to conceive and not because I want to. I would hate for this to knock his confidence.
Since I have had Chloe we hardly ever have sex :blush: So I do thinks its pretty obvious when we go from having sex once a month to about 10 times a month!! But I think I am going to have to make the effort to DTD throught the whole month and not just stick to when I ovulate. I don't want him to get the hump........lol!

Pielette, so glad you made up with your OH. I would have been upset also :hugs: I have told OH I don't want anyone knowing about us either. Everyone I know who had LO's around the time I had Chloe have already had or are just about to have their second babies. I really don't want the pressure of them knowing.

And MASSIVE congrats Mrs AJ :thumbup: So pleased for you and it really helps me feel positive and excited you did it on the first month. Thats awesome! Please stick around and keep us updated. So happy for you xxx

Me, well I'm feeling great to be on hols now :) Had my smear today which wasn't as bad as I remembered. She said I'll have to keep having them every 6 months though which is pretty rubbish :(

Am on CD8 today and think my cycles are about 33 days, wish I new! I'll be glad next month as I will have more of an idea and am going to use OPK's just to be sure. I don't think there will be any point to DTD today but I may do......just incase...lol! I am then on holiday until Tuesday so no sex until then :growlmad: I'll then be on CD 15 and just got to hope thats ok. I'm planning on going for it like a mad woman just incase and will do it all that week.

Its hard cos my OH works in a restaurant and isn't home until the early hours 5 days a week. Its going to mean I will have to wait up for him every night which is rubbish but the only oportunity we get. Hoping It doesn't take too many months as I'll get so tired with all the late nights :coffee:

xxxx

Congrats mrs aj!!! Defo stick around h&h 9 month to you and bean xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"