NTNP & Alcohol.

wtbmummy

Reaction score
So I'm just curious. With ds we actively ttc so I went completely T total....

Now I'm not a big drinker and only ever have 1glass but maybe one night a week, sometimes two, i have a glass of wine after a stressful day of work, ds and housework.

We can't decide 100% if we do or do not want no.2 so are leaving it to fate...

So do I carry on with my 1/2 glasses of wine a week or go completely T total again even though we are not actively trying???

What is everyone else doing? Still having odd glass, going T total or (for those who socialize n drink) do you still have a few every weekend??

I've just had my birthday where I had my last drink, we are planning to start to NTNP in a few weeks and I want alcohol completely out of my system. I wrote my dissertation on the effects of alcohol from conception - birth, so for me it didn't feel like a choice just something I felt I needed to do - but we are all different. It doesn't help mums to be that medical info is so inconsistent in the UK too.

I continued to drink until I got my BFP, but the week before I got it I had been drinking a lower calorie/content beer. I've already stocked up on non alcoholic beer for when the craving hits now, lol!

I've completely cut it out. I'm not really big on drinking anyway so i haven't really noticed. The most it's bothered me is going to weddings and parties and people questioning why i wasn't drinking, but i've just said i'm driving so i don't actually have to get into that 'i'm not pregnant but...'

But just because i'm not drinking that doesn't mean to say i think there's anything particularly wrong with it - loads of people have surprise pregnancies and have been drinking as normal - and obviously go on to have healthy pregnancies. I agree there is very mixed advice on it.

I think I'm just going to give it up completely. Thats what I did with ds.
I don't think I would be happy with myself if I fell pg and had been drinking. Even one glass a week :dohh:
Sometimes I think I'm overthinking it as one glass of wine I'm sure would so much less harm than even walking behind a smoker in the street but hey, we all got to do what we can :thumbup:

I'm not sure if I'm truly NTNP, although that's what my OH and I call it, i temp but don't look at any other signs or record them - previous fertility issues (my max cycle was 82 days) meant I thought I was constantly pregnant and really screwed with my mental state. Because of this, I know when I o and don't drink for the two weeks after O.

I usually drink some wine the week i get my period and then nothing the rest of my cycle. I am to irregular to trust anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->