NTNP Chat Thread

How does his autism affect him baby.love? And is the school aware of it?

How does his autism affect him baby.love? And is the school aware of it?

It affects his speech/understanding of speech & his social awareness etc.

Ethan is almost 5(dec) but his understanding of speech is at a level of 1yr 11 months, his speech it self is at a level of 2-3 years.

He is amazing with numbers though and is a very loving child.

We will have to wait and see if mainstream school is ok for him or if he will need to goto special needs school :) His school are totally aware and are working with us to help him all the way x

:kiss:

good morning everyone! seems you all had a lovely weekend!

huggles - the lavender short bread sounds delicious! will give that a try one day.

missmuffet - hope the earthquake hasn't caused too much damage for you and the aftershocks stop soon! :hugs:

baby.love - ethan looks very "grown-up" :) my nephew got diagnosed with autism as well and I can understand how hard it must be to let him go and try new things. hope he'll cope well! :flower:

as for me - we had a nice weekend as well. sorted bits out in garden and house, did food shopping and still managed to chill out. I made apple crumble yesterday with marzipan - it was nice but couldn't taste much of the marzipan so will have to put some more in next time.

back at work now though and somewhat busy sorting out paperwork - boring!!!!

I hope he manages well. I find it interesting that you say he is amazing with numbers cos with the little bit that i know about autism i've heard that those affected are normally extremely clever and so his being good with numbers kind of goes with that. It's good the school is aware of it though.

huggles - from what I heard (not that much either, sadly) they tend to be very good at something in particular. for some it's maths, for some it's an artistic skill. my nephew f. ex. is really good at drawing.

Oh, ok, that makes sense. I always just think of that movie (Mercury Rising?) when i hear of a child with autism - that kid was really good at puzzles.

oh yeah - there have been a few movies with autistic characters. "Rain Man" is another famous one from which I think the general assumption comes from that autistic children/people are good at maths.

Morning girls... not feeling very upbeat this morning, just feel drained.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

xxx

:wohoo: Ethan had a fantastic morning at school :)

They said he settled really quickly & enjoyed himself.

Regarding the ASD, Ethan is good at pretty much everything he tries. Its just his speech & understanding thats holding him back, but even that is coming along all the time.

Right well i am off to make Ethan his favorite lunch of tuna sandwiches :munch:

Catch you all in a bit xx

Oh i'm really glad he enjoyed it baby.love! :flower:

sorry to hear you're feeling drained 4magpies.

Glad Ethan had such a good morning Leah :)

Sorry you're feeling so drained Magpies :hugs:

xxx

Glad to hear the first day at school went well Leah.

Sorry to hear that you're feeling drained Magpie.

DH has decided he's got Man-flu!!! Too funny for words, I popped home with a bag of bits for him at lunch time, and found him playing on the Wii!!! That man is addicted!

I keep burning up too, which isnt a good sign, if I was closer to AF time I would be sure she was on her way!

xxx

:( Sounds very much like the cold that I had briefly a couple of weeks ago. Time to take it easy I think.

I got hit with the dreaded lurgy last week - cold and chesty cough. My OH gave it to me *shakes fist* :D

Hope you're all OK! Sorry I've not been here much but I'm still checking here now and again! Life getting in the way and all that....

hee hee - we were naughty again this morning :dance:

(something tells me we're not going to be very good at waiting until January :blush: )

Yay, Huggles! Hope it happens soon for you.

Last night DH and I were :sex: when he suddenly announced that he was "too tired to finish"!!! I was just staring at him, saying "But...but...you're meant to be getting me pregnant!!!" :haha:

OMG no! *throws up arms in disbelief* - that sucks Tatto!

Sorry to you all who arnt feeling flash :hugs: Remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel!

tattoo- :shock:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back