NTNP Chat Thread

:shipw: Of course my problem now is that I'm cold, the air conditioning would appear to be actually working in the office now, so it's chilly having got rather damp. Never been in a monsoon, the closest I've been are tropical storms in Florida.

Sun's come out though, so fingers crossed that was it for today. Irratic weather is one of the things I love. It keeps you guessing.

Planning to have an early night tonight. No dancing which makes a nice change, and my sewing is going well. :happydance:
Oh and DH has gone to work even with Man-flu this morning, he says I guilt tripped him. (I only said the same things that he says to me, when I'm ill!!!)

Bring on the fun and the waiting.

Hope you warm up soon dragonhawk!! My office is always freezing. We have asked them to turn our air con unit off on a permanent basis now as it was on full blast summer and winter and we were all bundled up in coats when it was 30 outside!!! Still raining here :( Boooo.

Hope your DH is on the mend soon

xxx

Oh for the joys of springtime ... sun is shining, temp is perfect, skies are blue, flowers are blooming, birds are singing..... ( :D am i making you jealous yet??? <evil grin> )

Blooking flowers, eh? Sounds interesting :p Teehee

I want to live somewhere that has permanent summer! I'm not designed for this country, I am cold all year with some very small exceptions and grey days make me uber depressed!

xxx

LoL - you're too quick! I changed it like 2 seconds after first posting it!!!

Have just been through and completely caught up on the news.

24/7 - So pleased that you've been able to talk it through completely with your OH and are coming to terms with the idea of being a parent.

I don't know yet (obviously) but I suspect that I will have some of the same internal arguments when we get our +ve. Although I'm looking forward to it, I am also incredibly scared as to how it will change our relationship. And I'm not 101% sure that I'm ready for that.

So welcome back it's great to hear from you again.

That was, and still is my main worry, right now as a couple we are so happy, and everything is perfect and I don't want that to change, but hopefully we can overcome it all xx

oooh well we've just had a lightning flash followed almost immediately but a thunderclap so sudden and loud that the office windows shook!! Few more rumbles and flashes going on now. Hope the power goes out so we can go home!!

xxx

Have just been through and completely caught up on the news.

24/7 - So pleased that you've been able to talk it through completely with your OH and are coming to terms with the idea of being a parent.

I don't know yet (obviously) but I suspect that I will have some of the same internal arguments when we get our +ve. Although I'm looking forward to it, I am also incredibly scared as to how it will change our relationship. And I'm not 101% sure that I'm ready for that.

So welcome back it's great to hear from you again.

That was, and still is my main worry, right now as a couple we are so happy, and everything is perfect and I don't want that to change, but hopefully we can overcome it all xx

Having a baby doesn't have to change your relationship negatively. You are both in this together and you can grow together from it. Look at me and DH - we had somethign totally terrible happen to us that very often drives couples apart completely, but instead of it coming between us it has left us much closer than ever before and a much stronger couple than we could ever have imagined. As long as you keep communication open between you and DH at all times and share with each other exactly what is troubling you and how you're feeling, there's no reason for a baby to come between you and your good relationship. :hugs:

oooh well we've just had a lightning flash followed almost immediately but a thunderclap so sudden and loud that the office windows shook!! Few more rumbles and flashes going on now. Hope the power goes out so we can go home!!

xxx

Oooh, sounds terribly exciting! :D :rain:

Just want to second what Huggles said :) Keep talking, and remember there's plenty of time to adjust :)

xxx

lol Huggles, not that exciting but I just looooove thunder storms! (when I'm inside anyway!)

xxx

Thunder storms are the best when you're at home on the couch under the duvet with hot chocolate, a good movie, and OH to snuggle up to! (oh, and crisps and chocolate go nicely with them too!)

Agreed!! Having to make do with office chair, cardigan, a nice bit of Rachmaninov on CD, oat cakes and annoying colleagues!!

xx

I adore storms - it's warm and quite sunny here now, but there's lots of clouds about, feels like one could be on the way (hopefully before I get home!) :D

mmmm, hot chocolate - you've got me thinking about Dutch warm chocomelk now - soooooooo delicious.

DH and my favourite is hot cocoa - cooked on the stove - mmmmm...

I've just started getting into my cocoa actually! I find the normal drinking chocolate a bit sweet now, so tried some cocoa with a little sugar instead - very nice :D

it's really yummy - i put a small pot on the stove, add 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa and 3-4 tablespoons of thick brown sugar (muscavado sugar) (i like the cocoa strong) and then top it up with milk (about 750ml) and maybe 1 teaspoon of cornflour (to thicken) and then stir and stir and stif until it starts boiling. Let it boil for about 30 seconds and then remove from the heat and pour into 2 big mugs. Sit back and enjoy :D

Fantastic! thanks for that - will definitely be trying that out, especially as the weather gets cooler. Sounds yummy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->