NTNP Chat Thread

Hi Inge

Congratulations! I am still around lurking (I like it better here) and I am 6 weeks tomorrow :happydance:

Morning girls... hope we are all good and have a fab weekend.

xxx

Evening ladies! i have not had the chance to catch up yet, been cleaning up after this massive earthquke we had this morning!! Scary stuff! The aftershocks are still happening.

I hope you all are having a good night! (or morning) x

shame about the earthquake, hope u'r all ok and the damage isn't too bad :flower:

Thank's yea we are ok. We are still getting them. Atleast we have power and water!!

MiisMuffet - whereabouts in NZ are you? My half sister lives near Nelson (I think, I can never remember if she moved from Nelson to Wellington or Wellington to Nelson, we don't keep in touch much but wondering if I should be concerned!). Hope everything is settling down for you now anyway.

I'm on my way to London now, spur of the moment idea and stuff but should be a nice day out I hope. Going to go to Hummingbird Bakery for cakes!

xxx

MiisMuffet - whereabouts in NZ are you? My half sister lives near Nelson (I think, I can never remember if she moved from Nelson to Wellington or Wellington to Nelson, we don't keep in touch much but wondering if I should be concerned!). Hope everything is settling down for you now anyway.

I'm on my way to London now, spur of the moment idea and stuff but should be a nice day out I hope. Going to go to Hummingbird Bakery for cakes!

xxx

xxx

They would have felt it but it wouldntve been bad. I Live in Christchurch where it hit. I woke up suddenly and absolutely freaked I have never been so scared in my life. we are still getting quite big aftershocks, and we are meant to have another biggy in the night, so i am really scared of going to sleep. I'm really jumpy! i hope the power doesn't go out again :cry:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/powerful-earthquake-strikes-new-zealand-20100904-14us4.html?autostart=1

Had a lovely day with my mom, just hanging around tagging along as she did what she had to - nothing wildly exciting but was really nice just spending time with her.

Now this evening we just went to see Inception - it was really good, i thoroughly enjoyed it. First time in months that i've been to a movie - was really nice going out with DH (a bit like a date almost :D )

Probably gonna have a lazy day tomorrow - DH is playing airsoft and i don't have anything planned. Have to wash my jerseys and hang them out to dry but other than that nothing much planned.

hiya girls! Told my mum yesterday and she was fine with it. Her only negative was that we cant go leaving the baby on her all the time. :haha:
Me and OH are gonna keep bidding for council places and then when im further along and ok, inform the council and hopefully get a place a little quicker. Just hope to have a nice family home before the baby comes.
Friday night I had lots of pulling and crampiness and saturday morning had a little tiny pale pink when I wiped after the loo. Had no more since but I was worried for a sec as my mum lost her first baby and I cant have anything happen to this one.:cloud9:
Wev decided to call the baby "noodle" til we know if its a boy or girl!:cloud9:
Hope everyone else is well, im off to sleep for another 20 hours!

Hey Inge - i like the name noodle! :D
Good luck with finding a house.

I'm contemplating baking some shortbread just now. Was also thinking about putting some lavendar in it - just not sure if i must cut up the whole flower head of the lavendar or just the tiny purple petals. Anyone able to help?

ok, found a proper recipe - it's the entire head of the lavender. First batch in the oven! :D

on the subject of food.. I had a chicken burger last night with mint sauce on top....mmm.
Also I work in a canteen so I cant be feeling sick or being sick at work. The toilets miles away and I work with food. Is there anything I can do to relieve nausea? Im terriefied of being sick at work as some of the smells were getting to me yesterday. Ive seen a nausea relief bracelet but cant wear one at work. Any ideas?

i've heard that ginger tea and ginger biscuits work wonders. Otherwise, if it does get bad go ask your doctor as there are some nausea pills that can be taken when pregnant.

i've heard that ginger tea and ginger biscuits work wonders. Otherwise, if it does get bad go ask your doctor as there are some nausea pills that can be taken when pregnant.

I might just try ginger biscuits. I have such a phobia of being sick. I was almost hysterical this morning when I felt ill!:dohh:

hope they work :flower:

first batch of shortbread out, second batch in - they look and smell divine :D

Awww very awesome Inge. Congrats on the little noodle too ;)

I like the sound of your shortbread, Huggles! I think I'm going to make hampers for the parents for Xmas this year, and I want to include shortbread. Never made it before, though.

We've just gotten back from the in-law, where we had a massive lamb dinner and watched Only Fools and Horses. Good old Sunday!

Sounds lovely Tattoo. I'm also thinking of doing some home-made christmas presents this year. My new bread machine can make jam as well (i haven't tested it yet though) so i'm thinking of doing homemade jam and some lavendar shortbread and and make little christmas packs with them or something.

Here's the recipe i used - it worked really well: Lavender Shortbread Recipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"