NTNP Chat Thread

I'm having such terrible cravings for food full of gluten at the moment and its driving me mad!! Yesterday I wanted McDonalds, and then fish and chips, and now breaded chicken!! HMPH!! xx

That changing bag is gorgeous!! OMG I want ittttttt!

xxx
*Places precious changing bad in locked cupbooard*
Hands off 4magpies!! :haha::winkwink:

It really is amazing though, and the only one I think is ok for a boy too, all the rest are abit to flowery if bump is a boy. xxx

dragonhawk - I got to remember the tip with the small bottles of Bailey's - that's fab! oh and carreg - I've never made bailey's cupcakes before but they sound devine :munch:

I like your buggy choices 24/7! Would you get a different colour depending on the sex of your baby or will you just get whatever?

xx

haha good luck sticking to that plan Jen!! Hope you manage to find gluten-free alternatives that satisfy the cravings!

xxx

I have a feeling I am not going to be pregnant anytime soon anyway... I havent tempted fate by looking at prams and stuff yet.

xxx

dragonhawk - I got to remember the tip with the small bottles of Bailey's - that's fab! oh and carreg - I've never made bailey's cupcakes before but they sound devine :munch:

I like your buggy choices 24/7! Would you get a different colour depending on the sex of your baby or will you just get whatever?

xx
I'm definately having a black base, but am undecided between black or sand hood, I saw a black one today and loved it, so for now I'm thinking black, but next time I see a sand one, I'll change again. :blush: xxxx

JuFer - Bailey's cupcakes are the BEST. They are the one thing that I can guarantee that if I make people will either a) want the recipe (then pass it off as their own in the case of my work colleage, my whole department now refers to it as '<colleague's name>'s Bailey's cupcake recipe :growlmad::gun:) b) want me to make more for the next day or c) offer to pay me to make more for them. They are just...mmmmmm. And they have hot chocolate powder in them so are very on-topic with this thread today!! I can send you the recipe if you want

xxx

haha good luck sticking to that plan Jen!! Hope you manage to find gluten-free alternatives that satisfy the cravings!

xxx
Don't think it is going to be easy. :winkwink:
But I'll certainly give it a try, we find out the sex the week before christmas so that should keep some temptation out the way. :coffee:
Am craving lamb chops today with mash and gravey with mint sauce, so have got mash for dinner, and having cheese as have no lamb. Oddly, I usually hate lamb, so have no idea how to cook it, so may do it tomorrow with OH's help. :haha: xxxx

ooooh - I'd love that recipe carreg, if you don't mind. I promise I won't pass it off as one of mine :haha:
24/7 - I like black too and will probably go with that (once it comes to that) but I always feel it's not very "child-like" - do you know what I mean?

lol JuFer - I wouldn't mind if you did cos at least I wouldn't know! It's just because I sit next to her and found it really rude and cheeky that I mad the cakes first, everyone had them (with not so much as a 'thank you' or 'these are nice') then I gave colleague the recipe, she made them a couple of weeks later, everyone raved all afternoon about how amazing they were and then seemed to forget it was my recipe or that I ever made them at all...now people come to her for 'her' recipe and she's never even denied it or said it was my recipe originally! Sorry, can you tell this has been annoying me for a while?? Don't mind if you share it or anything though :)

Here it is....
Baileys Cupcakes
1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup Irish Cream (any brand will do)
1/3 cup water
20g hot chocolate powder (not cocoa)
2 cups plain Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Method
Preheat oven to 325F.
In one bowl, cream together butter and sugar for about 3 minutes.
Add egg and vanilla.
In second bowl, mix water, Bailey’s and hot chocolate.
Mix thoroughly.
In third bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating with the liquor mixture, until all ingredients are mixed.
Bake for about 25 minutes, or until done.

To make the Buttercream frosting, take 1/3 cup butter (softened) and blend it with about 5 Tbsp of Irish Cream, or more if you want a stronger taste. While blending, add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until the frosting thickens. It should be thick enough to hold its shape when poured. Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes after cooling to keep the frosting from running. For a less rich topping, plop some whipped cream on top and sprinkle very lightly with unsweetened cocoa powder.

xxx

ooooh - I'd love that recipe carreg, if you don't mind. I promise I won't pass it off as one of mine :haha:
24/7 - I like black too and will probably go with that (once it comes to that) but I always feel it's not very "child-like" - do you know what I mean?
I'd like navy blue really, but they don't do it, so although I definately agere black isnt very baby, I think it looks the nicest, and I might buy a coloued footmuff to go with it, so brighten it up for the winter once were past the pram stage. :baby: xxx

Is it crazy to be thinking about getting a hamster? :D The night we got out BFP was the day before we planned to go and get one, and I still really want one!! :p xx

Thank you Carreg - that looks very yummy and actually not that difficult to make. Will try to make a batch on the weekend if I don't have too many apples to use up from our garden.

That's a really good idea 24/7 - haven't thought of that. Certainly makes it a bit more interesting than just plain black.

Sorry - I was referring to the pram ;-)

A hamster is a good idea too though :)

Wow 24/7, you really seem to have done a 180! Look how excited you're getting about baby stuff! It's really great that the excitement is there now, even if the nerves and worries are still hanging around too. The changing bag does look really nice, as do the buggies. Personally i think i prefer the mama's and pappa's one, but that's just my opinion. Here's the one we bought for Jarrod (although obviously haven't used yet) - keeping it for the next one! Chelino C3

Carreg, i'm definitely going to try those Bailey's cupcakes soon! Although i'm not sure we have Bailey's here, but i reckon it's pretty similar to Amarula or something else that i can't remember the name of right now so i'll just substitute.

Wasn't sure what to do for supper tonight so i seem to have come up with a concoction of salad (using our homegrown lettuce :D ), biltong, cheeses and crackers! :D (oh, and pringles and chocolate for dessert cos DH is craving pringles). Thinking of going for a walk with DH when he comes home - before supper.

Sorry - I was referring to the pram ;-)

A hamster is a good idea too though :)
I really like a green footmuff I've seen on ebay, so think will get that if its a boy, and maybe red for a girl, as OH is very anti pink, so thats definately a nono! :haha:
We are debating names as always, we just can't agree!! :coffee:

P.S. You don't mind me still posting here do you, I'm just too scared for first tri, and just like making my own way through each day. xxx

Wow 24/7, you really seem to have done a 180! Look how excited you're getting about baby stuff! It's really great that the excitement is there now, even if the nerves and worries are still hanging around too. The changing bag does look really nice, as do the buggies. Personally i think i prefer the mama's and pappa's one, but that's just my opinion. Here's the one we bought for Jarrod (although obviously haven't used yet) - keeping it for the next one! Chelino C3

Carreg, i'm definitely going to try those Bailey's cupcakes soon! Although i'm not sure we have Bailey's here, but i reckon it's pretty similar to Amarula or something else that i can't remember the name of right now so i'll just substitute.

Wasn't sure what to do for supper tonight so i seem to have come up with a concoction of salad (using our homegrown lettuce :D ), biltong, cheeses and crackers! :D (oh, and pringles and chocolate for dessert cos DH is craving pringles). Thinking of going for a walk with DH when he comes home - before supper.
I'm getting there, I mean, everything I'm terrified of still stands, but I'm getting stronger in putting the feelings to the back of my mind now, and being positive. :flower:

I love the buggy Huggles, the link came up as C3, which over here is a car. :haha: I really like the colours too, my mum loves everything brown, as is desperate for us to have a brown buggy!! :winkwink:

Walk sounds like a fab idea, we go for a walk every evening after dinner, before showers. Makes us sounds anchient. :blush: xxx

I don't mind at all and I'm sure the others will agree :) Having had a few peeks in the other forums I'd be scared too!!!!

My dh is not keen on pink either and somehow I don't think I'm into it that much either

...so what I was trying to say before I hit the post quick reply button ... :dohh:

red and green sound lovely :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->