NTNP Chat Thread

FX Starlit home!!!

I think with OPKs it's personal preference - I'm just trying to get an idea about when I ov as I have slightly longer cycles and we're worried I might not be ovulating. Every other day is meant to be best for BDing xx

Yeah, OPKs are definitely just a personal preference thing, it depends on how nosey you are about what your body is up to!! Agree that every other day BD'ing is supposed to be best as otherwise the spermies don't have a chance to get their strength up again (as it were) and the quality drops apparently. But just DTD every other day should be fine even without OPKs/temping :)

Temp rise (significant temp rise, around .3 of a degree) means you have Ov'd yes...positive OPK just means your body is producing the right hormones and thinking about Ov'ing, the temp rise confirms it has actually happens...it is possible to have positive OPKs and no temp rise so no ovulation (this is why I was getting all stressy that I had had 2 positive OPKs, then they had gone back to negative but my temp hadn't risen...it has now thankfully!)

xxx

Ooh ace! did yours ever go lighter then darker again? I got a dark line yesterday then a light one last night (held it for hours!) but I'm wondering if I might be on the way down from surge? Only started yesterday as we had an oops Saturday and Sunday and we want to know our chances. I'll be testing again at lunch to see if they're getting darker at all.

It has never happened to me that way, mine always gradually get darker until they are positive and then go back to negative. However, it is possible to get multiple periods of positive OPKs, if you ovulate twice for example or if the scenario I described above happens, where you produce the LH to make the positive OPKs but don't actually ovulate at that time for some reason (stress, illness etc), your body will try again later so you'll get more LH and more positive OPKs later on. It is possible that your dark line was right at the end of your LH surge, as you are only getting a snapshot of what your hormones are like at that second, and so your next one being negative would be normal. If you had started testing earlier you would probably have seen more dark lines. All sounds normal to me anyway, but the only way to tell if you Ov'd for sure would be to have been temp'ing as well and see the temp spike :)

xxx

Jenni - here are my charts for last cycle and this cycle (so far) in case they are of any use/interest for you :)

xx

Thankyou! Gutted - the girl who sits next to me at work has now stopped preventing and I still have to wait! I'll have a proper look at your chart tonight.

So if I'v probably ovulated already then. If so we're in with a reasonable chance - my Jenny Renny prediction was BFP in October - a girl conceived in September. we'll see in a couple of weeks!

Is it easy to temp? Where did you get your thermometer from? I keep thinking that I should start being more consistent and check that I am actually oving but then at the same time I think that if we catch this month then it's not worth spending money on thermometers etc (I believe that's known as wishful thinking!!)

Had some bad news this week. Sister-in-law doesn't ovulate prperly and has been TTC for ages so just had her first round of IVF but didn't stick! I feel so bad for her cos I know how desperate they are for a baby and really wanted it to work for them. They've now been told they have to wait 6 months for another go. Hopefully we'll get pg very soon but it's going to be heartbreaking telling her.

MrsWifey - I know what you mean - very sorry for your SIL. One of mine has had 2 recent miscarriages and the other has just finished her fifth and final round of IVF and it was unsuccessful - we're dreading it too!

ETA just did another OPK and it's lighter yet again - guessing that was the tail end of my surge so we probably BDed on days 2 and 3 before O

Jenni - I would say that's right yes and you may have a chance this month :)

MrsWifey - that is heartbreaking about your SIL :( I find temping easy, I got my thermometer here and it's been great. You have to do it the minute you wake up in the morning, no sneaking up for a wee or anything! I find it instinctive now, I wake up and before I am even fully conscious I have unboxed the thermometer, shoved it in my mouth and called up FF on my phone ready to log the temperature!!

xxx

By the way the temp must have risen 0.2 on three consecutive days. (if one is under it then it's the 4th day that counts)(my thermometer has a place free for memory though so I only go on mynfp.de and ff after I have done my other stuff ^^.

u use boots bbt monitor i got it for 9 pound and it stores the months readings on a chart x

Okie Doke, do you think I should keep testing now or leave it? I wonder if my cycle is getting shorter? Last month was 32 days but the one before was 39 (first off implant) as 17 days is a bit long for LP

17 days is fine for lp mine usually is around about 17 days,id carry on testing until the second line goes......are u actively ttc now? xx

It is possible that it is getting shorter, mine have been these last 2 months. You should stop testing now, it's just a waste of OPKs otherwise as you will always have a faint 2nd line! (in my opinion)

xxx

I might do it for a couple more days just in case. We're not trying, we thought today was the start of my fertile period (and therefore the abstinence week) until my two trackers disagreed then realised it was probably Saturday and we DTD on Saturday and Sunday.

Now it appears fertile time prob started Thursday meh! It'd be funny if it happened this cycle with Jenny prediction etc! Gah I think I'll just try and limit my smoking and drinking, tried my second lot of pre conception vitamins last night and this brand make me feel sick too!

i used to get lines all the time so i use 40mui test now and it doesnt show up till ovulation....

jen.......u want a 'accident' lol

Yeah I do, and so does DH, he gets quite excited at the thought it might happen by accident but doesnt wan't to NTNP before December. :shrug: I'd far rather get pregnant than go on my boarding holiday! (Although I can see his issue - he paid for it - though I'm sure someone else would go with him!)

Again though this was a genuine mistake, to be fair on sunday we were considering NTNP and decided it's probably best to wait - we only use withdrawal around Ov

It does if you're careful with it lol. Just wash between :sex: and make sure he has a wee. This gets rid of any lingering spermies! They mostly say it doesn't work because people who use it are usually too young to be able to tell went to withdraw :p it's actually very rare for couples to conceive if they do it properly as there's vnot usually any sperm in pre cum. However, if you do it like we do and only withdraw on certain days and are a bit crap at monitoring your cycle it probably doesn't work very well at all (FX!)! DH knows the risks and isn't that bothered - I think he just doesn't want to make the decision to try tbh

awww bless well if u got pregnant all would be happy so its fine.
i tried that method with dh b4 we got married and he wouldnt as it was so tempting just to carry on ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->