NTNP Chat Thread

Welcome letia659!!

AF got me yesterday, so I'm back on the scattergun wagon as soon as she's flown the coop! Would really love to have a BFP by Christmas, I worked out if I get pg this cycle I'll give birth in September, which means I won't miss celebrating Halloween next year (my favourite holiday), which'd be great!

:dust: to everyone xx

Hi letia659, welcome! :flower:

Dumpling, you're only 2 cycle days ahead of me! Not much BDing for me either yet, only just getting the mojo back after AF. When you ov'ing? I think I should be Fri 19th or sat 20th - weekend BDing! Yay! :haha:

I agree angelwings, a christmas BFP would be fantastic. If I catch this cycle my EDD would be mid August which is perfect for my job, so hoping (but trying not to hope TOO much and get disappointed!)

I'm due to ov Sun 21st, I've got a 33 day cycle so I'm going to get further & further behind you! I think I'd like to get caught at Xmas, that would mean a September baby & definitely a Xmas off work next year, seeing as I'm working Xmas day this year!

Ok people... So I have a quick question. Me and my boyfriend are TTC and last night was one of those nights. I havent been having the best luck in concieving, and Im worried I cant even have kids... So Im supposed to get my monthly cycle in a few days(Im not sure when)and he ejaculated inside me. I want to know what my chances of getting pregnant are?! I read on a few sites that it is possible to concieve right before your monthly cycle is supposed to occur............. ""Although the most fertile period consists of the few days before ovulation, it is possible to get pregnant any time of the month. Though the chances of pregnancy during periods are usually low during periods, they exist for all women. Therefore you should always use protection if you do not want to get pregnant."".......... PLEASE let me know what you guys think... If possible can you private message me?? If not just comment :) thanks so much everyone....[-o<

Hiyas, I think that your chances are probably lower later in your cycle than at about the middle when you are ovulating. Have you tried OPKs (ovulation predictor kits)? It will give you an idea if you are O'ing. :flower: :dust:

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

How is everyone? I feel like poo. Got a crappy cold and sore throat. Work is quiet today so will probably go home soon and get to bed!

I feel like poo. Got a crappy cold and sore throat.

I could have written that! Add dizziness, aches and hot/cold flushes. AF is also due tomorrow so feeling in a shitty mood with everyone anyway!

Wish I could go home to bed :( Work is quiet but I have to stay!

xxx

I'm home now!

Awww Laura, sending you :hugs: Hope the day goes quick so you can get home and snuggle in bed! xx

Thanks! Hope you are feeling better too. Wish I was home from work! Have a good and relaxing afternoon :)

xxx

Hiyas, I think that your chances are probably lower later in your cycle than at about the middle when you are ovulating. Have you tried OPKs (ovulation predictor kits)? It will give you an idea if you are O'ing. :flower: :dust:

The thing about it though is that I have an irregular cycle. Sometimes I start earlier and sometimes I start later... I guess I should have put that down... So I mean it could have been the middle of my cycle when we had intercourse, and yet again we had it last night and he ejaculated inside of me.... I hope this time it works because from around November 2009-may 31st 2010 I was on the Depo-Provera shot and discontinued using it b.c of problems it was giving me and I know they say after you get the shot it can take up to a year to concieve but I know plenty of people that have gotten off of the shot after 2 years and got pregnant and I only got 2 or 3 shots and I had never been on it before. Im just scared that I cant concieve but my friend said that its normal for a girl to feel like that.. So idk.. I just hope this time it works because I hate getting my hopes up... Thanks Everyone for your time and responses.:shrug:

It can take a while to normalise after the injection hun - 6-12 months I believe is the average. Everyone is different - just because other people got pregnant straight away doesn't mean that is the norm. I know just what you mean about worrying, I am only on my 3rd cycle and I'm already thinking 'what if something is wrong' - but just remember even the most fertile couple only has at most a 25% chance of conceiving each cycle. You just have to push on! :D

If you don't already, I recommend keeping track of your cycles with fertilityfriend.com - it will give you a useful record of how long your cycles are and hopefully you will see a pattern forming as they settle down. It will also give you an idea of when you might be ovulating.

Best advice I can give? Don't worry too much about ovulation, or fertile windows, or timing sex to a particular day. Just try and have sex every 2-3 days throughout your cycle. That way, you will always have a supply of sperm in your uterus to catch the eggy. This is actually the method fertility doctors recommend, as the stress of trying to time sex can actually hinder TTC.

Good luck hun and feel free to post any time if you have questions!

Just found this thread Kayleigh for people TTC after Depo:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/415371-official-depo-thread-11.html

I'm sure the ladies there will be able to give you useful advice too! :flower:

Just found this thread Kayleigh for people TTC after Depo:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/415371-official-depo-thread-11.html

I'm sure the ladies there will be able to give you useful advice too! :flower:

Thanks so much Elhaym... Ya I know it can take a while after the depo but I wasnt on anything before that and I stopped taking it like I said 3 shots later... Im TTC but its hard... Ive just always had the feeling that I couldnt or cant concieve. I hope I can. Thanks so much for replying. This site really helps me cope since I cant really talk to anyone about it.

No problem, we're all in this together! I'm the same, no one knows we are TTC so this is the only place I can vent. :haha: Stay positive hun, it'll happen for you. xx

Whining: my belly has been upset and been so tired this week! But this is the week before ovulation (supposedly will happen on Sunday), so trying to :babydance: a lot! Hopefully DH will be in the mood tonight, I'm off work today so we can get started earlier... so hard to find the time/energy to do it when I don't get home til 9 or 10pm after working 10+ hrs a day!

The thing about it though is that I have an irregular cycle. Sometimes I start earlier and sometimes I start later... I guess I should have put that down... So I mean it could have been the middle of my cycle when we had intercourse, and yet again we had it last night and he ejaculated inside of me.... I hope this time it works because from around November 2009-may 31st 2010 I was on the Depo-Provera shot and discontinued using it b.c of problems it was giving me and I know they say after you get the shot it can take up to a year to concieve but I know plenty of people that have gotten off of the shot after 2 years and got pregnant and I only got 2 or 3 shots and I had never been on it before. Im just scared that I cant concieve but my friend said that its normal for a girl to feel like that.. So idk.. I just hope this time it works because I hate getting my hopes up... Thanks Everyone for your time and responses.:shrug:

I was scared I couldn't as well. I think if you overthink everything it just makes it worse. I know from experience :flower:

I think part of it is that we're constantly told that we must take every pill on time, never have sex without a condom etc so when we come off contraception you automatically assume that you must just get pregnant straight away! Although saying that, I wasn't very good at always taking my pill on time & occasionally would miss a couple & never got preggo, so I definitely must have trouble! :haha:

I handed in an application today for a trainee program at work, so if I get it, that'll put an end to my NTNP for 18mnths-2yrs. Bit gutted, but I really want to do the course so we'll have to see. If I don't get it then its BDing all the way baby! x

Checking in guys

not sure wether to check in WTT or in here.. we arent trying or preventing..so I guess thats us!

Trying natural contraception for now... had my first period in 13 months, so now just avoid the ovulation time ish... see how we go! havent been off hormones in a longgg time!

Shall see, hopefully this will work for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->