NTNP Chat Thread

so sorry to hear of your loss, that must be awful, good luck for this time around xx

Welcome Huggles :) I am so so sorry to hear about your loss :( Fingers crossed for an extra sticky bean this time round. Good luck!

The doctor seems pretty confident that next time will have a happier ending. He says it was due to an incompetent cervix so he'll just stitch me up at 13 weeks and that should keep baby in place til 37 weeks :)

That is good news :) Fingers crossed for a BFP for you soon!

xxx

lol erm...gingery lime chicken breasts (marinating as we speak) with sweet potato mash and either steamed brocolli or salad depending on OH's mood.

Everyone else?

xx

Wow, that sounds interesting - gingery lime chicken!

We're having gnocci with bolognaise sauce (ready-made-open-the-bottle-and-pour-in-the-pot bolognaise sauce LoL). Nice and quick and easy :D

Yeha, I have made it before and it is really nice. Zingy and tasty! I love cooking so much, OH and I used to alternate who cooked as he is just as good a cook as I am but I have been insisting I be allowed sole cooking duty recently (not sure why, I just keep feeling creative!) and I think he is quite put out!! But he doesn't mind being able to flop on the sofa for an hour after work and do nothing while I'm busy in the kitchen!! mmmmmm gnocchi, I have a packet of that in the fridge. Keeping it in reserve (along with a tub of ricotta and a bag of fresh spinach) for a lazy night. This is making me hungry now!!

hehe, I normally am in sole charge of the cooking, but 2 years ago OH was often home before me due to him working strange hours. As a result he used to often try his hand at the cooking so that I could relax when i got home. He actually produced some really tasty dishes! (and this from a man who didn't even know how to Break an egg when we got married, let alone cook it!).

But now i almost always get home before he does so I am back to doing all the cooking. I hate to admit it but i'm not a very creative cook - my food usually comes out a bit bland because I forget about adding spices/herbs! I just make the basics and that's that whereas OH gets creative and adds all kinds of things.

hehe it's nice to have a man who's a dab hand in the kitchen isn't it? I've had boyfriends in the past who couldn't produce anything edible unless it came out of a jar or packet but now I'm just as likely to get 4 courses made for me at home on a special occassion as I am to be whipped out to somewhere nice for dinner!

I am meeting up with a couple of girlfriends for noodles, wine and gossip :)

My OH is quite a good cook too, its nice to be able to share the cooking, we sit up in bed sometimes poring over cookery books, salivating at the pics! haha!

lol kizzy we do that too :) Usually over cakes and biscuits though as he likes me to bake as often as possible! Wine, noodles and gossip with the girls sounds great! I am missing my girls night this week so have a glass (or several!) for me!

xxx

:flower: Good morning everyone! although its probably mid afternoon in the uk!:wacko:

Welcome to everyone new! Its been a long few days here, my youngest took her first steps:happydance: Shes 11 months but was 2 months premature, so its incredible!!

Af due tomorrow, so im nervous, got craving for chocolate though so af is probably on way:dohh: Also does anyone else put on like a stone in the day or 2 before af?

I'm rubbish at cooking. I need to learn :(

mummy3 that's fantastic! Congrats on her first steps!

Congrats on your lo's first steps mummy3 :thumbup: (the little guy in this pic seriously needs to look more enthusiastic about his thumbs up!)

Noodles, wine and gossip sounds like good fun - enjoy!

I also tend to put on weight just before AF shows, but i'm not sure how much and i've never worked out how much a stone is in kg / grams (even though i have a stone / kg scale at home!). But, as AF showed up this morning it means i have a little bit of weight loss to look forward to! :D

Congrats on your LO's first steps mummy3! That's awesome!

I balloon before AF too but I think it's water retention as it all clears off in he first few days once AF arrives. Hate it!! Hopefully none of us will have many more visits from the witch to worry about!!!

xxx

actually one of the girls just text to say its too hot and sunny and we should go to a pub garden for dinner instead, shame there's no nice one's near where I live in Essex! I am sure we'll find somewhere though :)

got to have girlie nights, I love it, have another one tomorrow as one of my best friend's is jetting off to Mexico to get married next week!! Lucky thing!

just got in from work. My boss said im doing a great job. Well this is the 4th week ive been there :thumbup: I love wroking in catering! I had to chop onions earlier and my eyes and nose were streaming :nope:
Been having strange cramps in the middle of my stomach around belly button area. AF is due in 6 days so it might be because of that.
On the subject of cooking; my OH and I never have time to have anice meal together but I work his days off so I would love to come home one day and he's prepared a lovely meal :thumbup:
His days off are in a pattern of Monday off-next wednesday off-monday off- etc. This week is monday off and the wednesday after Ive booked the day off and havent told him! Im planning on not setting my alarm that morning and seeing how he reacts to us being in bed at 8am when I should be in work :happydance:

Mexico! Lucky her! Hope she has a fab time.

Awww Inge that is so sweet :) I bet he will be pleased to have the day with you.
I get the day with my OH tomorrow as we are visiting my Dad in hospital (& picking up Felix) so we both have compassionate leave but it's hardly going to be like a day off as we'll have to be up and out of the house at the same time as a work day (up at 615, out at 730) if not a bit earlier in order to get to Somerset by lunchtime and to the hospital for the earliest visiting hours at 1430!! And the whole day will be spent in the car! Oh well, I'm sure we'll make the most of it!!

What are the rest of you lovely ladies up to tonight?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->