NTNP Chat Thread

Hi everyone, thought it time i posted in here lol. xx

MrsWifey - I gt married 3 weeks ago, so it's still all fairly new. I love it tho!!

Welcome samsugar!! :D xxxx

hello my names Holly

Me and dh have been ntnp for 4 months but this past cycle is the first time I've even paid attention to my o day and when af is suppose to arrive
I'm hoping we caught the egg and I'm pg. I'm 9dpo at the moment and resisting to poas. My plan is to test the morning of 13dpo as it's also dh bday and am hoping to give him a suprise

I've actually spent the last few days reading all 99 pages of this thread and feel like I know some of you

he's some back ground on me I'm 23 ntnp #1 DH is 35 #1 for him also. We live in Austin TX USA and can't wait to have a little one

Hello new lady!! :D
Been abit quiet in here the last few days though, come home ladies!! :D xxx

Hello!! I'm here!! I've been hovering around Natural Parenting, and forgot about this thread!! Oops...I tested the other day...was starving for 3 whole days on the trot, I ate like a bloody horse and had mad cravings for chinese chicken baguettes, but must have just been a wierd thing...got a negative! =(

Ooooooh, I'm really interested in natural parenting, and am always mooching around there!! :D I really want to use cloth nappies, although I must admit I am abot confused by it all, I think I would be ok with some all in one types, but the snap ins/liners/boosters/wraps etc really confuses me?!? I would love to BF too, but I have a gluten and dairy free diet, and am worried I might not be giving baby enough goodness, but I hope it will be ok for me to do so. :D xxxx

I honestly don't know about the milk thingy tbh! But as the natural parenting thing...it just felt right...I didn't mean to co-sleep, it just happened, and I love wearing him...it's all so amazing, the bond we have is so amazingly strong, and I'm not sure if it would be the same if I wasn't doing what I'm doing, but I feel like co-sleeping (contrary to most people's beliefs) is the best!! I tend to keep my gob shut when talking to people about co-sleeping and wanting to feed him until he self weansas they lecture me...which really piddles me off!

I'm making my own nappies atm...they're working out amazing...I am thinking of selling them, But Ollie loves them, they fit like a glove and look so cute! I'm always on the hunt for funky fabrics to use as outers now!

Anyhoo...essay over! x

I'm sorry to hear about the bfn jellybean I hope you get your bfp soon

I'm trying to keep myself from poas right now.... Been doing good so far but am really temped

well sticky baby dust to everyone

Welcome hopeful4bfp - hope you get your bfp for dh's birthday! :dust:

24/7 - speak to a doctor/nurse or someone about the breastfeeding. If you are on a gluten free and dairy free diet due to allergies then breastfeeding might be best for your baby as they might also have the same allergies and i'm sure there's gluten and dairy in formula milk. Best to speak to a professional and get their opinion.

I have an appointment to speak to a dietician in January about it. I eat gluten free as I have coeliac disease, which is an autoimmune problem, and it is genetic. It makes my body produce antibodies that destroy the small intestines walls, and I'm not sure whether me passing these antibodies to that baby would be dangerous, in that they could start damaging their tummy, or beneficial, or be neither. I also worry that by not exposing them to wheat/gluten in my milk, it could cause a problem when they start weaning, which could then trigger the coeliac in them as they inherit the genetics to have it from me.

It's very complicated and there isn't really anything medical known about coelaic and BF, so hopefully a dietician will be able to help, but we shall see.... xxxx

Shame, that does sound very complicated. Definitely best to speak to a professional. Glad you're going to ask a dietician. Maybe ask a few different people (professionals) in different fields - you might get a variety of opinions that could all help you form your own answer.

24/7 definatly talk to as many people as you can, Jaden has just been diagnosed as lactose intolerant and all of my itching whilst pregnant was because i also had it as a child and it came back as a result of all the body changes.

It turns out that i made jadens intolerance worse by breast feeding him, because of the lactose that would have been passed from me to him. He is now on soya and eating and drinking really well rther than being sick all of the time. xx

I just so want to do the right thing, and if for our LO it is formula feeding then so be it, I want to do everything I can to try and ensure they don't have the same problems I do. xx

24/7 I totally hear you. That's also why i suggest asking a few different people so you don't just get one person's "opinion". Sometimes you get someone who is so pro-breastfeeding that they believe it is always best no matter what and won't even consider formula feeding. Yes, breastfeeding IS best - most of the time, but there are definitely certain circumstances that formula feeding is better and so I think it's just best to get a variety of views on the matter to make sure that you are getting the best information available.

Inge and Carreg - where are you two?!?!?!?

24/7 you've got me on a new mission - researching breastfeeding and coelaic!

Found these two interesting websites - neither are about the breastfeeding mother having coelaic, but they do talk about how breastmilk is supposed to protect against coelaic better than forumla.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/33519.php
https://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/breastfeeding_decreases_celiac_and_diabetes

This is also a very interesting article about when to introduce gluten into a baby's diet:
https://celiacdisease.about.com/od/raisingaglutenfreechild/a/Breastfeeding.htm
It ends with these 2 paragraphs which i thought you might find especially interesting:
"Some mothers continue to breastfeed well into toddlerhood, at which point some children have already been diagnosed with celiac disease. Because gluten eaten by the mother can be passed on in her breastmilk, a mother who is nursing a baby or a toddler with confirmed celiac disease needs to maintain a gluten-free diet.
If neither the baby nor the mother has confirmed celiac disease, the mother should continue to eat gluten, even if there is a history of celiac disease in the family, because there is a chance that exposure to gluten in breast milk will actually help the baby to develop a normal immune response to gluten."

Home-time now. Will carry on researching it tomorrow if you like.

Huggles - I'm still here, just lurking. Don't really feel like I can honestly post here anymore due to everything unresolved with OH *shrugs* - still like reading everyone's posts though and got my fingers crossed for lots of BFPs for you all soon!

I was more wondering where Leah has got to!

xxx

Carreg i also don't techincally belong here as we're not NTNP yet, but i just love this thread cos normally everyone chats so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->