NTNP Chat Thread

Hey Huggles :hugs: :hugs: Sorry you are feeling low today, I can join you in that one, have beem bawling my eyes out all morning (despite being in work!) - think it's just combo of AF due in 3/4 days, OH still saying he 'doesn't know what he wants' and feeling like every month that passes when we aren't trying or NTNP is just another effing massive chunk of my child bearing years wasted. I have some personal opinions revolving around not wanting to have kids over 30, not wanting to offend anyone over that age it's JUST my opinion about my life, and already now if I had 2 I would be probably 32 before the last one arrived so I feel stretched beyond my limits and every month that passes is just adding more and more time to that!! ARGH. sorry for ranting (and now I have set off the tears again - yay!) just feeling frustrated and like my life is disappearing. I don't want a fancy career or anything, all I have ever wanted is to be a Mum and look after kids, house and man and time is going on and on and I'm not being allowed to do that. I also feel that even if I left OH now that I would not have time to meet someone, settle down and have kids before my age limits were well and truly blown away. I don't want to leave him, I love him and I want us to have a family and I thought he wanted that too but if he decides he doesn't then I feel like it's game over for me in that respect. Oh gosh, that was more ranting!! Enough of that now!!

I hope the cupcake baking goes well. I am counting the hours til end of work (7.5) cos then I am going home for pizza!!!

Happy to chat on here today though as work is dull and slow!

Laura
xxx

Carreg - sorry your having a bad day hun, i know i am younger but i also was definate about having kids young. I would rather be a groovy adult and go out after they are old enough rather than waste my younger years with plenty of energy and such. Pizza sounds good lol

Huggles - So sorry for your loss i cant ever imagine seeing my child and then having them taken away you are a very strong lady, i would be in peices. So :hugs: but dont forget how strong you are to have been through that and come out the other side. My hormones are also all over the place i stopped pill half way through pack :blush: after missing 2 days because i was really ill and no point taking them when your being sick, so i have no idea whats going on with my body at the mo.

Waxing just sounds painfull lol i have my threaded. xx

Carreg you sound so like me with plans and time limits etc!

I used to want to be finished having kids by the time i was 30 as well - I don't want to be an old mom (no offence intended to anyone). My SIL had her first child at about 37 and her second at 40 and when she goes to fetch the kids at school they call over the intercom "Alec, granny's here"! I don't want that to be me!

But then i met DH a bit late and we only got married when i was 26 and then he totally wasn't ready to have kids yet and we wanted to go overseas so we went to London for a year (2008) and came back at the beginning of last year (i was 28 at that point). So i kind of realised i'd have to shift my age limit to 35 - but no older. But i still wanted one baby at least before i was 30 (and time was running out!). So i stopped the contraceptive injection i was on in March last year and then we fell pregnant on new years! I was so happy - Jarrod was due to be born 22 Sept this year and i turn 30 in November so my wish was coming true! But then things went wrong and he was born too early and died :cry: So although i did partly get my wish and have a baby before i turn 30, i didnt' get to keep him. So that leaves just 5 more years to have all my children - I would love to have 4 but DH is set on a maximum of 2. So that doesnt' leave loads of time, especially if anything else goes wrong or if we take long to fall pregnant. Thankfully with Jarrod pregnancy happened quickly once AF came back so hoping it'll happen quickly again next time.

Sorry, this has turned out really very long and a bit of a life history, but basically i wanted to say I know how you feel about time slipping away :hug:

Oh, and my lifelong dream is also to be a stay at home mum and housewife! :D - but it is highly unlikely to happen as it is just impossible here to live off one salary (and we don't have things like government grants for housing or children or unemployment etc) :(

Oh, and my lifelong dream is also to be a stay at home mum and housewife! :D - but it is highly unlikely to happen as it is just impossible here to live off one salary (and we don't have things like government grants for housing or children or unemployment etc) :(

Could you not train to become a childminder, its going to be my answer to being made redundant and also staying at home with Jaden? No idea how things work over there, but here having other peoples kids in your home is an alternative to sending them to a nursey :thumbup:

Huggles - So sorry for your loss i cant ever imagine seeing my child and then having them taken away you are a very strong lady, i would be in peices. So :hugs: but dont forget how strong you are to have been through that and come out the other side.
Waxing just sounds painfull lol i have my threaded. xx

Thanks samsugar :hug: I was totally in pieces when it happened and still am on a lot of days. Hormones definitely make it worse! It truly is somethign i wouldn't wish on anyone. But i'm getting through, not rushing it, taking one day at a time and thankfully it is getting easier to cope with.

Waxing is painful but i'm too lazy to pluck regularly enough and i don't know if anyone here actually does threading! I've never tried it. But it's usually over fairly quickly adn then i walk out with red puffy eyebrow area and tears in my eyes! Nah, it's not that bad, although i do have a very sensitive skin so do go read and puffy but once the wax is ripped off teh pain is gone - it's only about a 2 second pain with each rip. But i definitely won't have anythign else waxed - i can cope with a little eyebrow pain and more than that, no thank you!

Could you not train to become a childminder, its going to be my answer to being made redundant and also staying at home with Jaden? No idea how things work over there, but here having other peoples kids in your home is an alternative to sending them to a nursey :thumbup:

That would be a logical alternative, but i spent 7 years working in a day care centre during school and college holidays and many years baby-sitting and 2 years au-pairing and i think i've just had enough of looking after other people's children. I start to feel like i've wasted my best years and energy on other people's children and i want some of that for my own. I have considered it sort of - like becoming a day-mom (having other people's kids in your own home), but i just don't think i want to look after other people's kids. And also, I wouldn't earn nearly as much as i'm earning now (i don't think).

Not sure, maybe my mind will change when our next baby comes along and i actually have to leave him/her after 4 months (we only get 4 months maternity leave), but for now i don't think i could do it. Also, we are currently in a flat with definitely nowhere near enough space to look after more than about 2 babies. We want to buy a house next year though, but it will also be small so i don't think there would be space to look after kids in it.

Change of plans - my eyebrow wax has been cancelled :( The lady phoned to say she's sick - she sounded so bad i thought it was a man!

lol Huggles that gave me my first smile of the day!!! All the more time for baking now :D

xxx

Glad I could brighten up your day a bit both of you :D

well instead of being able to give me dh a surprise bfp :witch: showed up this morning

I am soo disappointed... I know we've only been ntnp for 4 months and last month was the first time I even paid attention to when I o'd but it almost makes me feel like a failure as a wife and woman to not be able to give my husband the family he's always wanted

I had thought for sure this month due to my bb swelling and getting vains in them (which has never happened before) the neausia lightheadedness and everything else

I guess I'm just gonna go drown myself in chocolate and try again next month

:hugs: Hopeful

I'm sure your bfp will come soon - and until then Chocolate works wonders!

And remember, You're not a failure!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Oh goody, i just realised it's friday today - that means we finish at 4, not the usual 4:30 - only 17 min of work left! :yipee:

alright for some Huggles!!! It's only just before 3 here, still 2 hours 15 to go!!

xxx

Evening Girls!! :D

Have had a nice day shopping today wit my Mum, and she is as excited as me re babies, and we spent lots of time looking at baby bits, we were looking at some lovely pink clothes when my neighbour popped up behind me, and now she either thinks I'm mad, or pregnant!! :p I did a pregnacy test before AF arrived this month, a left the box outside the door to get tongues wagging!! :D Have also had my eyebrows waxed, so happy now too, as they were taking over my face!!

Dinner for one tonight as OH is on a late shift, so lots of BnB time, woooo!! He's at work again tomorrow, so will visit my mum again as she said earlier she has felt abit low this week and has been missing me, so may take her for a coffee. :coffee: And sunday hopefully a day out with hubby. :happydance:

Huggles, it really is wierd about hair, I have always had almost black hair, and it is much lighter since it grew back too!!

Even everyone. :sex: today and hopefully all weekend!! :thumbup:

My sister in law gave birth yesterday and another friend just announced she's pregnant. I've got babies coming out of my ears but none of them are mine!! :haha:

Almost makes me feel like a failure as a wife and woman to not be able to give my husband the family he's always wanted

Ditto that... :cry:. Your not alone but there's good support on this forum, it WILL happen one day, try and stay possitive (yes, i do know how hard it can be :hugs:)

Sequeena - sound like your going to have your hands full!! :haha:

Where is 4magpies? You've been so quiet lately - everything ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->