NTNP Chat Thread

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Mine was the 4th and dh's was the 13th seems like a lot of people are born in august. I know 8 people just off the top of my head lol

well :dust: to everyone

Well, I made the marshmallow cupcakes on Saturday. Great fun, but it takes long - about 2.5-3 hours! But we did thoroughly enjoy making them! Very very sweet! Not being a huge fan of marshmallows myself (crazy i know), next time i would put caramel in the centre (instead of melted marshmallow), and chocolate chips in the icing :D

14082010013.jpg

Happy Birthday Clairikins!! :cake:

Huggles the cakes look great :) They are fairly time consuming to make, yes, because you have to wait for the cakes to cool before you can out the marshmallows in and the icing on! Yours look fab! Love the ide of caramel in the middle and chocolate chips in the icing too, will definitely try that!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. OH & I went down to Southampton to see Felix on Saturday and took him swimming and then to an indoor play centre as it was such a wet and horrible day. We all had a great time and it was awesome to see Fe. Yesterday we did some housework that we negelected on Saturday then OH's parents came round for lunch and then we just chilled for a bit before going out to The Rex, which is a gorgeous restored Art Deco cinema near here where you sit on gorgeous plush velvet seats at tables and can have bottles of wine on ice & cheese platters whilst you watch, to see Much Ado About Nothing which is one of our favourite films...gotta love Kenneth Branagh!!

Back to work today...boooooo and AF is due tomorrow - double booo!!!

xxx

Happy Birthday Clairikins. Hope it was a good one for you.

The cakes look great. That reminds me, if I want decorations on my birthday cake, I'd better get making them this week!!!

Had a fantastic weekend, went to see The Sorcer's Apprentice, the new Disney film with Nicholas Cage on Saturday. I know it's classified as a children's film, but hubbie and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! Definitely light-hearted fun. Brilliant.

AF arrived this morning, grrr.... but I'm not too down hearted. Afterall if she hadn't then I may not have been able to fully enjoy my birthday pressie in September.... Alton Towers!!!! Woohoo, I finally booked the hotel on Friday, so we're staying at the resort hotel too!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

That cinema sounds so lovely!
Sounds so funny that you took Felix swimming when the weather was wet and miserable! But i'm guessing it was an indoor pool. Glad you got to spend some time with him - how's it working with him now living so much closer?

AF is due on Wed for me - so you and i seem to be almost in sync! I'm seriously hoping this month isn't as painful as last month. I was in total agony with cramps, but it was my first proper AF after JArrod's birth so i'm hoping it settles back to normal with this one.

Saturday I spent the day with my cousin at the house she is currently looking after for 2 weeks. Had a lovely time with her. We made nachos for lunch and then baked the cupcakes in the afternoon. We had great fun.

Sunday we went to the in-laws cos it's FIL's birthday tomorrow but BIL is leaving for overseas today so we had a birthday/farewell Sunday lunch. Was quite nice. My 4 year old niece kept wanting me to play with her so we were walking up and down the grass out front playing imaginery games before coming back inside into ouma's (afrikaans granny) bedroom where we carried on with the imaginery games.

:witch: Well - seems like this is AF week - Dragonhawk today, Carreg tomorrow and me on Wed! :witch:

Just googled Alton Towers - never heard of it :blush: - it looks really awesome! You must definitely enjoy it dragonhawk!

Huggles - yes, it was an indoor pool. There aren't many outdoor pools here, and they end to be unheated so freeeeeeeeezing cold!! It was good though, there was a wave machine and slides and fountains so Felix had a great time. He's only been living closer for about 10 days so this was the first time I'd been able to take advtange of it. It's pretty awesome though, it's just 1.5 hours to get down to him now instead of almost 4 which is fab. I have him again on August 27th for 4 days. Can't wait!!

This definitely seems like AF week! We should be NTNP buddies :) I'm hoping this one is as easy as the last one...when I was on the Pill before I had Felix and when I had the coil my periods were really painful and heavy but the last one, the first without the coil, was much lighter and nowhere near as painful so I'm hoping this month is the same! I hope yours is better this month too Huggles.

Gotta love imaginery games! Felix and I always play them in the car...it's usually imaginery dinosaurs coming to eat one of us and the other one has to be the ambulance who comes to the rescue!! Imaginery hide and seek is another favourite..always amusing when he's sitting right next to me in the car! :lol:

Hope you have a fab time at Alton Towers, dragonhawk. Haven't been there since last summer and have never stayed at the hotel. Really want to go back though and have a go on Thirteen! Air was my favourite last time, had a HUGE smile on my face all the way round!!

xxx

Imaginary hide and seek in the car sounds interesting! LoL

It's great that you're getting to see Felix more often. I suppose before you coudlnt' just decide to take him out for one random day, whereas now you can! I'm really glad he's closer now.

The only indoor heated pools here are at the gyms. All other pools are outdoors and unheated! Sounds so nice with the wave machine, fountains etc.

Good morning girls. Havent read through all the posts since i last posted in this thread, ill catch up later lol. Alton Towers should be a good day. I went when i was about 10 i think lol, that was 20 years ago lol. I think i ovulated last week, we dtd around then too, so i could be lucky this month, im worried if i do though cause i have a colposcopy due next week, im not sure when af is due yet either, hopefully next monday. Not doing much today which im happy with, i seem to be suffering with not wanting to leave the house, spoke with my mw about this she says could be pnd, slight. Im rambling now lol, so im going to shoot for nowh speak to you all soon.

Welcome back Shady_R :hi:

I have a calendar on my office wall with a quirky quote for each day and one for the month. I just love this month's quote and think it should hang in all our homes:

:smug: "If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you!" :smug:

Lovely to hear you had a good time with Felix!! :)
Sorry to hear AF is on the way for so many of you!! My ewcm is here now with ovulation pains, so am very much hoping this could be the month!!! xxxxx

And the girl from Cardiff scores with an afternoon off!

That's right ladies, my stand in boss has declared an afternoon off due to the lack of work so I am hoooooome! Off to the garden to enjoy the fleeting sunshine and do some reading/maybe some cross stitch! Today has just got one hell of a lot better!

Hope you're all doing good!

xxx

Oh you are so lucky Carreg! Enjoy your afternoon of rest and relaxation :D

Hi guys

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Had a lovely weekend but am now in bed with a cold whilst OH does the garden - boo.

AF due this week too, Friday I think. Fx'd it doesn't arrive but completely symptom free so not too hopeful!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"