NTNP Chat Thread

Hi girls! I've been missing for a few weeks..actually went a bit into full on TTC mode for the past few weeks lol! I ovulated late and now I'm in 2ww craziness...8dpo currently and getting nervous! :)

24/7, some women never get pos OPKs and since the surge is so short it's easy to miss it, so I wouldn't worry. :hugs: The advice you've been given to just keep :sex: is the best you can do! Good luck.

samsugar, that sounds tiring! You're very ambitious, and I bet it will turn out lovely.

Huggles and Carreg, I looove the Twilight books (and like you am dissapointed in the films, but I still love them for what they are). I haven't yet read Midnight Sun. Something doesn't feel right about reading at my computer screen. But I want to read it so I should just suck it up and do it even if my eyes start to hurt...Huggles, I take it you're enjoying it so far?

Anyways hope all you lovely NTNP ladies are doing wonderfully. I think I still count as NTNP but just can't help the symptom spotting haha.

My husband and I just got married last month, but we've been NTNP for a year and 3 months. Still nothing. I'm SO frustrated. Why is it so difficult for something that's supposed to be so natural to actually happen? I've tried everything I've read and that people have told me, and still nothing!
Yesterday though, I had some spotting. I finished my period last week, so I'm wondering if that is a sign of pregnancy or not?! My mom told me a while ago that she had her period for the first three months or so that she was pregnant with me, so I'm starting to wonder if something like that would be genetic. I have had no symptoms of pregnancy either. Anyone that can help shed some light???

Have you had any tests to see why you're taking so long to conceive? I now here that if an otherwise healthy couple hasn't conceived after 12 months of regular :sex: with no contraception then they start investigating to see if there's a reason.

As for the spotting one week after your period - i'm not really sure but i think it's too soon for it to be pregnancy symptoms. Even implantation bleeding would take longer than one week after a period as ov usually only occurs 1-2 weeks after a period. So not really sure. Maybe wait a week and then poas just to make sure.

Hi girls! I've been missing for a few weeks..actually went a bit into full on TTC mode for the past few weeks lol! I ovulated late and now I'm in 2ww craziness...8dpo currently and getting nervous! :)

24/7, some women never get pos OPKs and since the surge is so short it's easy to miss it, so I wouldn't worry. :hugs: The advice you've been given to just keep :sex: is the best you can do! Good luck.

samsugar, that sounds tiring! You're very ambitious, and I bet it will turn out lovely.

Huggles and Carreg, I looove the Twilight books (and like you am dissapointed in the films, but I still love them for what they are). I haven't yet read Midnight Sun. Something doesn't feel right about reading at my computer screen. But I want to read it so I should just suck it up and do it even if my eyes start to hurt...Huggles, I take it you're enjoying it so far?

Anyways hope all you lovely NTNP ladies are doing wonderfully. I think I still count as NTNP but just can't help the symptom spotting haha.

Welcome back and I hope the 2ww flies by for you. Here's some :dust: - hopefully you get a nice :bfp:

I am loving Midnight Sun but unfortunately didn't get to read any more of it last night as we had to go back to the in-laws cos it was fil's birthday and dh insists on going to wish people on their actuall birthdays even if we were there 2 days before.

You can definitely still symptom spot when you're in NTNP!

Just been to the loo - no :witch: yet although she is due today. Kind of weird really cos she normally appears shortly after i get to work. Will check again in about 2 hours - hope she's landed by then. (lol - i must be the only person here that actually wants her to arrive!)

Hey Carreg - I thought of a new acronym for us - we should be WTTSP instead of NTNP - Wanting To Try but Still Preventing :haha:

Got a bit of a tickle/burn in my throat - hope i'm not getting sick. My one gland in my neck also feels a little bit swollen. DH said this morning that he's feeling a bit feverish. We havent' been sick for ages even though we've been around loads of sick people. Hoping we manage to fight it off before it takes a hold. I'm drinking lots of vitamin C just in case.

Fingers crossed that she turns up for you Huggles.

To be honest, I was relieved that she turned up this month for me. It may have seriously hampered my plans for my birthday, although what a birthday present that would have been!!!!

AF is still around for me at the mo, the strange thing is, it's lighter than it's been in years (sorry, TMI I know) so I guess that's probably to do with my body getting itself back to a normal equilibrium after being on the pill for so long.

Still reading Breaking Dawn (for the second time) but have managed to leave the book at home, if I'd have brought it with me to work, I don't think I could have left it in my bag!!!! I've just got to the natural end of the section that I suspect is where they will break the book into two, when making the films.

I'm not disappointed with the films, but I think that's mainly to do with the fact that I saw the films first and THEN read the books. That way round, it's heightened the fun for me.

Causes some interesting conversations at home though, because hubbie can't understand my interest in vampires. He always thought that I'd 'prefer' werewolves! Nah, it's always been vampires for me!!!! LOL

Still no :witch: I'm thinking maybe she's not coming today afterall. Maybe tomorrow? Had a few minor cramps starting last night and have a few very minor ones today - feels like she's about to make an appearance. I never had regular periods before - I knew roughly which week they would start, but as to the exact length of my cycle it varied from 28 days to about 35 days so i never knew when it would start. But i also never knew about things like Luteal phase so I now figured it was just my ovulation day changing which is quite normal. So this time i counted the days from ov to AF last month and then counted the days after ov this month and that's how i came up with today being :witch: day. Hopefully it's just one day out and starts tomorrow.

We did :sex: at the beginning of my cycle, just after AF stopped last month, using only withdrawal. Then we used condoms the rest of the month until this week when we again only used withdrawal on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday :)blush: busy 3 days :blush:). I figured both times would be safe - especially this last week. Starting to wonder about the one just after last AF though as I know sperm can last a while inside. But i'm fairly sure it was too long before ov.

Hopefully later today or tomorrow she finally makes an appearance...

(please don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to be pregnant again - it's just not quite the right time yet, would be happier if it only happened after Sept AF or better still anytime from January 2011 onwards)

Morning everyone! Welcome to the new ladies :hugs:

Huggles - I love sushi soooo much! We went out for sushi last week...mmmmmm..can't get enough of it! Love our new acronym :D Hope the witch arrives for you soon :)

Allie - you should definitely suck it up and read on the screen! It's in PDF format so you can enlarge it as much as you want to make it easier....or I can just post you my sneakily printed copy if you want!! (it is A4 spiral bound though so not handy book sized unfortunately!)

Feeling a bit better today, still crampy but not as bad. Tired though as every night for the last week I've had bad dreams about OH leaving me and/or me not having time to have kids before it gets too late! everytime I wake up, I just go back to sleep and have another version of the same dream. Grrrrr. Did kinda mention I'd like a decision by this AF but I don't think I'm going to get one...or not the one I want anyway!

What is everyone up to today?
xxx

Shame Carreg - not a nice dream to have at all. :hugs: Hope you get the answer you want soon.

I'm not up to much today - don't really have much work this month. Next month is set to be a very busy month workwise, but this month is soooo slow. Gonna read more midnight sun just now - with a cup of tea and my last marshmallow cupcake! :D
Just finished piecing together a map for someone. He gave me this big map and asked me to copy it for him - but i can only do A4 size copies so i did various copies and then sat and pieced them together until they made a big map.

it's my brother's birthday today. Not sure if we're gonna pop in tonight to wish him or on the weekend rather. I sms'd him to ask which he'd prefer but he hasn't replied yet.

Oh regarding sushi - I had this new one that i haven't tasted before - smoked salmon california roll. It has avo, feta and smoked salmon in it - oh my gosh it was soooo nice - a real taste sensation!

Work is the same for me this month, really quiet but set to pick up again next month. LOL @ the map jigsaw...sounds tedious, but at least it passed some time I guess! I have been researching things to do in Milan as OH mentioned last night that he may well have to go out there for a trade show with work in September and I always try and fly out to join him for the last day or two and sometimes a couple of days afterwards too if it is ending on a Friday. Firstly cos I hate being on my own for too long and secondly because if his work are paying for the hotel and all I have to pay for is my flight then it makes it a cheap way to have a mini holiday!!!

Happy birthday to your brother :)

Can't believe you made your cupcakes last so long!! OH took ours to work with him so they were gone in a day!

oooh...we have those rolls here too, except it's cream cheese not feta. Mmmm I love feta though, that would be awesome. Gah, hungry now!!! Better make a cup of tea!

xxx

Milan sounds promising - definitely good to take advantage of a cheap holiday!

The only reason the cupcakes lasted so long is cos i'm not a fan of marshmallows. Have been sending one to work with DH every day so far, but i haven't been eating them. Had two on saturday when i made them and then one on Sunday i think but haven't had any since. Only DH has been eating them!

Yeah, I've never been to Italy, have always wanted to though so fingers crossed! I got to go to Amsterdam in January because of another trade show and that was awesome. January might be Vegas! Went there in October 2008 for an actual holiday and loved it so much that I am desperate to go back!!

Arghhh...bloody work!!! I am working on a bid for a rail company and the bid manager wants a train on the front cover...I tell her that I had had the same idea but we don't have any corporate approved images of trains so we can't use one (I had used an image of a departures board which was generic and could be for an airport or a train station) whereupon she says 'Can't you just get one off the web and say I did it?' - erm how about no? We have copyright laws for a reason and we have not been allowed to use images from the web for a VERY long time because we have to use only paid for and approved images so we don't get in trouble! And if I do that and say you did it I will get a rocket in the arse for it because I should have noticed that it wasn't an approved image and told you to change it! I can't just magic up a train image if we don;t have one, I have given an alternative and said if you don't like that then I can use of of our standard corporate company images instead (generic people in generic corproate poses, as commissioned by our directors) but I can't break the law!! Grrr!

Sorry for the rant!

xxx

LoL Carreg - rant away! Can't you take a photo of a train and use that? Or is that not allowed cos it's a specific train maybe?

Maybe when you're in Milan you can get all romantic and seduce OH into :sex: without protection!

That wouldn't be allowed because it hasn't been approved by Group (our parent company) etc etc etc. We can only use photos that have been commissioned by the company or we have bought and paid for online (from i-stock etc) - it is a bit of a pain in the behind but usually causes no problems, people know the rules!!!

Hehe maybe re Milan!! It's not so much seducing him into not using protection but seducing him into BD'ing at all at Ov time!!! That said, the dates for Milan are set to be right over AF so no point anyway!! Has the witch arrived for you yet?

xxx

Negative OPK again today!! :(
Took my clearblue to work, haha!! xxx

But according to your ticker you're only due to ovulate in 2 days. Maybe all the other signs were signs that it's approaching and you haven't missed it after all!

Can't advise re Clear Blues but I use IC OPKs and they get every so faintly darker and darker until Ov day when they are spectacularly darker. Sometimes I get 2 days of very dark lines which just means the surge was only just starting on the first day so Ov was most likely on the 2nd day. You certainly will only get negatives prior to Ov though, even if it's only a day or 2 to go until you are supposed to Ov...you willprobably see a definite positive in a day or two, I find you really can't miss them on ICs (don't know about CB). Are you testing at the same time every day? I read advice that said to test at around late lunchtime as when you get the surge it's 12-36 hours later that you ovulate so if you test every 12 hours in the middle of the day you usually can't miss it.

Hope that helps!

xxx

Noooooooooo, just finished Midnight Sun - it didn't even get to where he shows himself in the sun!!!!!!! NNNnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :(

LOL awww Huggles!!! I warned you not to be too disappointed when it stopped! I know, it's rubbish. I really wish she would put it behind her now and carry on writing it but, sadly, I don't think she will ever finish it now and it's really sad because it really is so good. I would love to see the other books from Edward's point of view too.

Have a cup of tea and a biscuit (if you have any!) - that always makes everything better!!

xxx

LoL - i finally had my cup of tea and cupcake whilst reading the last chapter! She should definitely finish writing it though. She might feel like it's a waste of time cos everyone's read it already though so won't buy it. But if that's the case she's totally wrong - having read this far and been denied the ending i think even more people will but it just to see how it ends! She really should finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->