NTNP Chat Thread

I've just logged in too.... :)
Needed to get all of the early morning checks etc done, before I could feel happy to come online and just chill out for a moment. :)

Big hugs, Huggles.... Hopefully you'll have an answer one way or the other soon. As they are similar symptoms to those that you've had previously, I would be more inclined to get a test asap, just because I'm not sure I could handle the wait until the weekend.

Good Morning Everyone. :)

Yay, another person to chat to! :happydance:

It's funny because normally i would be the same - at the first thought that i might be pregnant run out and buy a test cos i just can't wait. But i think at the moment i'm so scared of the result that i'm kind of avoiding it a bit cos it's not real until there's proof iykwim?

But i doubt i will make it to saturday - will probably buy one on my way home - i'm not very good at waiting :blush: I just think it would be better if i found out for sure early saturday morning cos then i've got the whole weekend to get used to the idea rather than sitting smouldering in my office worrying about it.

It's really very confusing cos part of me is excited and happy at the thought that i might be pregnant, and part of me is scared cos it's the wrong time...

...really need the loo again...not sure how much longer i can wait...only went an hour ago...

Argh, I hate so called team building exercises too.

Honestly, if I wanted to go raft-building or make a model out of straws, I'd much rather go with my family and friends and then chill out and relax. Team building exercises always seem to end up having the highly competitive individuals 'taking over' (there was always one particular collegue at my last place like this) that would go over the top or completely take over.

Grrr....

Hopefully the team-building thing will be OK/manageable and maybe even a little bit fun for you.

Hugs!!!

Hubbie and I went to our normal dance lesson and practice session last night. Oh my goodness, do my feet ache!!!! I'm shattered this morning. At least I've got a desk job (most of the time) so I can slip my shoes off and wriggle my toes all day. Hooray!!!

My partner in crime (only other person that works on the system that I administer) is away on annual leave at the moment, so I've got Radio 2 on. It's bliss. ;)

Oh, it's our wedding anniversary on 6th September, need some ideas for something to do. Although with it being a Monday, I'm going to have to attend Street Dance first, as on the 18th Sept I've got a dance competition for it!!!! ARGH!!!!!

LoL Dragonhawk - I always take my shoes off under my desk and very often wonder around our office in my socks!

What kind of dancing do you do? Ballroom?

I'm not team spirited either, especially not with these people!! :p

Heres my coeliac story.... I was really unwell for 5/6 years, it started with palpitations and fainting when I was about 15, but it was always put down to anxiety and low blood pressure and ignored by the doctors. Then I was unbelievably tired all the time, and it was never normal tired, it was way beyond that, but that was put down to not eating enough red meat?!? I started feeling sick alot, but not the normal feeling either, but thought this was normal. My hair then started falling out, I was fainting all the time, couldn't control my blood sugar levels, or my blood pressure, I started having awful tummy pains and upset stomachs, couldn't sleep, couldn't really eat, had wierd headaches that stopped me from being able to speak properly, funny vision. By this point I weighed less than 7 stone, and one day at work I just collapsed, and was rushed to hospital in an ambulance, and finally someone started taking my seriously!! They first tried to say I was anorexic, and even my family believed them, but thankfully my OH stood up to them all, and tried to make them believe they were wrong, and eventually they did, and they though it might be leukemia or a tumour on my aorta, but they were ruled out in the end, and eventually I saw a consultant who also said there was nothing wrong, but that he had to do one blood test to discharge me, and the blood test was for coeliac. It came back positve, and it was a combination of the best and worst day of my life!! Coeliac itself is an autoimmune disease, that makes your body start destroying your intenstines when you eat gluten. I feel much better now, but still have good days and bad days, I just worry alot about the future as it causes cancers and other problems, and also about TTC, as it affects your fertility, can cause miscarriage and still bith. :( But I try and stay positive. xxxxx

Ooooh yay, morning dragonhawk!! :D
One person organised that day, and it's all about her, and her closest friend at work, YAWN xxx

Morning, morning, morning.
Hubbie and I compete in Ballroom and Latin American dancing. But I also do Street Dance. Took my first medal in Street last September and managed to qualify for the Nationwide Finals up in Blackpool. So this year, I'm determined to qualify again. Hey if we do get a :bfp: this September, depending on how I feel/cope etc I love the idea of being the only person doing Street Dance and 6 months preggers.

Fortunately I checked with the docs when I went for my TCC appointment several months ago about the dancing and they basically said to carry on for as long as I felt able. Because I do so much, there could actually be more problems for me, if I was to just stop altogether!!! Excellent! :)

Morning girls!

Allie - I don't work freelance, unfortunately! I work for a large IT and business outsourcing company as a bid support administrator. Basically whenever we tender for contracts I have to answer some of the less technical questions and generally make sure the documents that we submit are in the company template (unless the client wants it in their template, then I have to make sure it stays how they want it) and conform to our brand guidelines, then I have to print the final submission however many times it is needed and make sure it's presented properly in folders with appropriate covers (which I also have to make), burn CD copies, send off email copies, arrange couriers to take it and then make sure it all arrives with the client safely! Generally my work day is one of two ways, dead quiet because I haven't got a bid on (like now) so am only oing the odd bit of formatting or printing for other people OR totally flat out frantic because the bid is due for submission that day or the next day and the bid managers are still pissing about gettign the technical or pricing stuff sorted or haven't written the executive summary or decide to change something at the last minute. It's not unusual for me to work late into the night when a bid has to go out the next morning (10pm is pretty normal) and occasionally I'll work all night too (I've done 9am one day til 4am the next before personally but others in my team have done a 26 hour shift, from 9am one day til 11am the next day to get a bid out the door by midday!)

Huggles - you're my AF buddy and I'm telling you to go and test!!! :lol: :lol: Good luck!!

Dragonhawk - what sort of dancing do you do? It is my new years resolution every year (for the last 5 years) to learn ballroom & latin but I still haven't done it. Ex-hubby wasn't interested and current OH is 2 inches shorter than me when I'm barefoot so not the best dance partner!!! I swear I'll learn one day though!!

Hope everyone is having a reasonable day. Friday tomorrow - yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

xxxx

See last message. :)

Good thing for me, without shoes, I'm 5'6'' and hubbie is 5'8'' so even when I've 2 1/2'' heels on there isn't that much difference. Latin isn't too much of a problem anyway, because Ed wears 1.5'' cuban heel shoes for that. (Google mens Latin shoes for the idea.) :)

Thanks for the rundown 24/7 - makes a lot more sense now :hugs:

The dancing sounds like fun dragonhawk. I did ballet for 15 years (stopped at age 19) and then did highland dancing for 5 years. Don't do anything at the moment though.
Wow, now i feel even bigger - I am 5'8" (approximately - 1.72m) and DH is 6'2" !

Carreg - your work sounds a bit like mine - either busy or dead. Although even when i'm busy it's nowhere near as hectic as yours sounds.

Off to POAS now, will update when I get a :) or :( xxxx

I did ballet from 2 until I was 10. The only reason that I stopped was that I was dancing to such a level I couldn't continue until I was allowed to wear pointe shoes and we couldn't wear those until we were 12 years old. So I was attending the classes, but had to do all of the classes in flat shoes. I got incredibly bored and infuriated as a result. Later I started doing it again at 12 but it wasn't the same, that school didn't push students and as a result I was having to do things that were to a much lower level than I was doing at 8. I got bored with that and asked my mother to pull me out.

Carried on doing tap and disco until I was 14, and then chose to stop dancing to concentrate on my school work. :) I had a list of things that I wanted to attain, and in order to get to my final goal of university, I went to Grammar School and so wanted to work hard there. I'm pleased I did it that way.

Negative again!! :(
Off to rubbish team building I go.... xxxxx

Hey 4magpies - good to see you're still lurking around!

Sorry it's negative 24/7 :hugs:

I was lurking to see 24/7's result!! Haha. Im a sucker for POAS stalking....

Only 10 weeks till I can TTC... cant wait.

xxx

Sorry for the BFN 24/7 :( Try not to kill anyone at team building. I hate those things!!

You're all making me want to dance now!! Bah. Oh, and don't feel bad about being tall Huggles...I am 5ft 10.5 in bare feet....OH is only 5ft 8 :lol: What I wouldn't give for a nice 6ft 2 man!!!!

Today is dragging already. Time for coffee and a CD I think!!

xxx

I'm 5ft 7ish my OH is 6ft 1 so nice and tall...

He would never dance with me though I dont think...

I used to do tap and ballet from a young age but then I gave up and started riding then gave that up and got fat!

xxx

LoL - i gave up the highland dancing (when i was 27) cos i started getting too fat and felt like an old fat lump jumping around on the stage with 16 year old skinny girls! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->