NTNP Chat Thread

OPK for today - NEGATIVE!!
I'm guessing I ovulated really early this month, as it's just too late now for the length of my cycle, so tww here I come!! :p xxxx

Thanks Carreg - I would like to still be AF buddies :D

Haven't even started on my Access query yet and it's already 10:45! Spent the first hour catching up on BnB and e-mails and stuff (was in that first hour that i got asked to do the query), then my friend e-mailed me with love-life issues - her and her DH are having problems - nothing major but it needs to be worked on now before it turns into something big - so spent a long time mailing her back trying to help etc. Now there's an office drama unfolding - one of our employees didn't turn up for work today and loads of people have been looking for him and no-one can get hold of him and he's not answering his mobile and now the police have rocked up looking for him! So that's quite exciting!
In a few minutes it'll be cake and tea time (every second friday we have cake and tea - we all get a turn to bring the cake) so that's really cool as well. This day is just flying by it's really awesome! :happydance:

Holding thumbs? Is that like crossing fingers? I think holding thumbs sounds a lot better!!

You day sounds great so far Huggles! Hope they find the missing employee though and nothing bad has happened to him! Fingers crossed you friend and her DH sort everything out too. My day is crawling by slowly....only 0950 and I already want to be asleep!!! Ah well, will go for a walk and make a cup of tea to kill some time! Tea and cakes sounds awesome...hope the cake is good!!

xxx

I feel quite happy for now, obviously I'd have loved to know for sure I did ovulate, but there is always next month.
Our bathroom fan has broken, and the man is here fixing it now, and as nice as he is, I want him to hurry up and leave!! :p
Glad your day is flying by huggles, and sorry yours is going slowly carreg!! I'm off to visit my mum in a little while, then food shopping. Spent ages trying to find something to wear that isn't too tight now I have put on weight, yawn!! xxxxx

:wohoo: The :witch: has landed! :wohoo:

Sorry your day is going so slowly Carreg - mine is flying so fast i can't keep up! It's 12:25 - i'm on lunch now til 13:00 - and i STILL haven't started my access query! Been trying to fill in government forms that i have to send with a quotation for a service we provide. What a nightmare! The cake and tea was divine! Really nice chocolate mousse cake that i'm sure had some alcohol in, yummy mini pancakes filled with salami and cheese and lots of really other yummy stuff.

Oh my gosh, just got called for an emergency staff meeting - the missing employee committed suicide...

Wooo for the witch!! Hope she's pain free for you :hugs:

The cakes and pancakes sound awesome! I'm hungry now!!!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that about your missing employee!! That is terrible!! Did you know them well? I hope the meeting goes ok :hugs:

xxx

i didn't know him all that well - we're a small office though so saw him often. Normally this wouldn't hit me very hard, especially as i wasn't friends with him or anything, but coming so soon after losing Jarrod i'm now just sitting here crying and crying and crying :cry: ...

feel a bit numb. Had so many other things i wanted to post here today but just can't bring myself to right now...

i didn't know him all that well - we're a small office though so saw him often. Normally this wouldn't hit me very hard, especially as i wasn't friends with him or anything, but coming so soon after losing Jarrod i'm now just sitting here crying and crying and crying :cry: ...

feel a bit numb. Had so many other things i wanted to post here today but just can't bring myself to right now...

:hugs::hugs:

loads of :hugs: for you. Maybe you should consider going home for the rest of the day if you're feeling that bad? Or are you better off around people than on your own? I wish there was something I could say to make this easier for you...but I don't know what to say other than to offer lots of hugs

xxx

:) thanks, the hugs help. We were given the option to go home if we need to, but i feel kind of silly asking to go home when i wasn't even close to him, although i'm sure my boss would understand as he knows i lost Jarrod recently. But i think i'm probably better off just staying put for now. Popped to Rescue Remedy tablets under my tongue (do you have those there? Homeopathic things for shock etc) and now just made myself a nice cup of rooibos tea with 2 big spoons of brown sugar. Think i'm starting to calm down. But not gonna bother starting the access query today.

Well, take it easy on yourself and don't feel bad if you do decide you need to go :hugs:

Yes, we have rescue remedy here, I've only heard of it in liquid though but we probaby have the tablets too. Does it help you? We used to give it to my dog when I was younger when there was a storm or fireworks as she used to freak out, it helped her a lot. mmmm rooibos. I drink a TONNE of that stuff, like 8 cups a day? I love it so much. Gonna go make one now actually!!

xxx

Hiya x
Ive been away so much lately! Moved back to my mums til we get a pkace of our own together. 3dpo today and feel ok. AF feels like its coming soon though! Im trying to put TTC to the back of my mind atm and concentrate on work and getting my mums new house live able! We have to get a cooker soon and a new kitchen table so Im buying the cooker next month.
Cant wait for a homecooked roast! Was our 2 year anniversary today. I got Gary a leather wallet and a "worlds greatest lover" plaque which he loves! I got a white DSi and Pokemon soul silver :blush: Im loving them both and and know playing sims 2 whilst typing this x x
Hope your all well x

Happy Anniversary Inge :flower: The plaque sounds awesome!

Carreg the rescue remedy comes in both liquid and pill form. My mom gave me her bottle of pills after Jarrod died. I've kept them in my bag ever since. I think they do work. My mom also used to give it to her dog during storms! I also love rooibos - i don't like normal tea so i only drink rooibos. Starting to feel a bit more human again so that's good - think the combo of sweet tea and rescue remedy has helped a bit.

I love rooibos tea. I havent had any for a while now. Im a cheap skate so stick to cheapy tea bags!

Happy anniversary Inge :)

I always have a box of 80 rooibos tea bags in my drawer at work! OH knows roughly how quickly I go through them and just when I think I'm going to run out a new box will magically appear next to my work laptop bag one morning :)

Glad you're feeling a bit better Huggles. Take it easy though. All this talk of rooibos has reminded me of my cupcake plan....I have a recipe for Green Tea cupcakes (which is great) that has milk that has been infused with 3 green tea bags overnight in the recipe mix and green tea powder (matcha) in the icing and as they were so good I want to adapt the recipe to have rooibos in the mix and do a plain vanilla frosting (or possibly whipped cream as I know some people have their rooibos with milk, though I have it black) - mmmm might do that this weekend!!

Lunchtime in 15 mins (1pm) - yay!

xxx

LoL - those cupcakes sound yummy carreg!

Rooibos is fairly cheap here as it's made here :D That's so sweet of your husband to magically refill your stash like that! I drink mine numerous different ways depending on my mood - sometimes just black with nothing added, sometimes with honey and lemon juice, sometimes with milk no sugar, sometimes milk and sugar, and sometimes black and cold! Oh, and you can make iced tea with it too - add lemon, honey, mint etc - really yummy!

Will post and let you know if they are any good if I make them this weekend!

I think we pay around £2.50 for 80 rooibos bags here, more expensive than normal tea but not too bad. Gonna have to try the iced tea too, that sounds awesome. Just have to hope some nice hot sunny weather comes back now cos it's too cold for iced tea right now!! I have my rooibos black with 1 sugar, and quite strong. My colleague drinks it milky with about 4 sugars which makes me wonder why she even bothers as it's just like hot sugary milk!!! :lol: :lol:

xxx

I also like it strong - even when i add milk i only add a little. No idea how much it costs here cos i don't drink it very often (i usually just drink water) so a box lasts us ages, but i'm pretty sure it costs around the same and normal tea.

The iced tea is really yummy. I think my sil adds orange juice to it as well, and cinnamon - there's so many things you can add. I just used honey, some lemon/orange juice and mint.

ai, i can't really concentrate on these government forms i'm supposed to be completing so rather going to finish telling you what we had for cake and tea and then going to write the post i wanted to originally this morning but didn't have time to - explaining my ntnp goals etc.

Cake and tea this morning had that divine choc mousse cake i mentioned - with really big fresh cherries on top, mini pancakes with salami and cheese filling, mini dognuts, cheesecake, asparagus quiche, pinwheels (roll out puff pastry, sprinkle cheese over the top, roll it up again, slice and bake), little mini chicken pastries/pies and possibly something else i've forgotten to mention. It was so unbelievably yummy, i haven't even bothered to eat my lunch cos i filled up on a lot of that! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->