NTNP Chat Thread

I meant the illegal activities sound dramatic!

Leah - more :hugs: for you. I hope everything goes ok for Nathan too.

I'm starting to get a bit stressed now, this bid is supposed to be submitted by email by midday (1 hour from now) but it still hasn't been sent to me for finalising and it's not small so will take quite a while to sort out. They also haven't chosen a front cover image and I need to buy it because of the fuss they have made. I may be a quick at my job but I'm no miracle worker and this is cutting it more than fine. And, though it's not my arse on the line and not me who will get a rocket if we submit late, there is always a certain feeling that it's my fault as we are always the last people to have the document before submission so if it gets submitted late then it's be cause it came late from me after being finalised. The fact that it came late from me because it was given to me late is something I tend to forget, I know I am too hard on myself when it's out of my control but I can't help it!

Aaaarghh!

xxx

Thanks girls, but i can confirm that there will never be another baby as Nathan has arranged to have a vasectomy. It will be before xmas that it is done and until then i am going back on the pill.... Its just the right decision for us and although it was hard to make we are 100% sure that its the best thing to do for our family.

Thanks again girls xx

:hugs: never easy to make such a final decision - even when you know it's the right one :hugs:

Thanks Huggles.

I am so cross though!!! At 1130 I rang the Bid Manager and said 'are you still aiming ot get this out at midday today??' and she was all like 'Oh, I meant to tell you, on Thursday last week they granted us an extension until this coming Friday blah blah blah' - WTF?? It would be nice if they had passed that info on to the person who is stressing about whether or not she is going to get a multi million pound bid out the door or not!!! GRRRR. They want us to work hard and well for them but they NEVER keep us in the loop about the important stuff!!!

Rant over!

How is the access query going?

xxx

LoL Carreg - I also hate it when people forget to pass on information :laugh:

I've given up on the access query for a bit. Got stuck trying to put a validation rule in on a parameter query so just gave up (that was also just before they called us in for the group counselling session so not in the mood to work anymore).

Hope you're feeling a bit better after the counselling thingy. Are you going to go over and see the counsellor?

xxx

Not sure if i'll go to the counsellor or not. Will see how things go the next few days.

Sorry to hear you are leaving baby.love, I wish you, hubby and your gorgeous children every happiness. :hugs:

Just wanted to say to the rest of you, how greatful I am that you are all here to share my journey with me, you are a wonderful support, and I love coming in here to update you all with goings on, and to hear how things are going with all of you. You are there in a way none of my "real life" friends are, and it is an amazing support. :kiss: xxxxx

It's funny how we find our "virtual" friends easier to talk to and closer to us than our "real" friends - i find that too.

Oh, I was reading your TTC journal the other day - have you started taking the high dose folic acid yet?

You all know so much more about me than they do, and I really enjoy being able to speak to freely.

Have been taking the high dose of folic acid for two months now, and all is going well. Sorry if some bits of my journal seem abit odd, I deleted bits out of it when I first moved over to TTC as I didn't realise how could bring your journals over, and then I realised and had already deleted it. :p

I know what you mean about "virtual" vs "real-life" friends, I come in here and vent away about stuff I wouldn't talk so freely about with anyone else (except maybe OH...unless it's about him) - I think it's because here we're all on an equal footing as it were? We're all just text on a screen really, and because it is text on a screen you can also edit what you say and change you mind 20 times before posting it which really isn't possible when talking aloud!! Also, because of the 24/7 instant access nature of the 'Net we can log on to here and post about anything, letting off steam at any time of day or night and, generally, there'll be someone to reply to you..and even if there's not it's still a steam valve until people do log on and reply so it can feel like "virtual" friends are there for you a lot more than real life friends. You have all been amazing and so supportive to me through all this crap with OH, and about Felix and things so thank you all for that :hugs:

Just back from a quick trip home at lunch. Wanted to get a parcel that I was expecting but it had been delivered to my neighbours because I was out and now they are not in either! Oh well.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon

xxx

you're exactly right with the real vs virtual friends. I used to be on a different (local) forum, but then after I lost Jarrod it just wasn't relevant to me anymore and everyone started irritating me with their posts which is why i moved here (where they have a designated loss support section). But before i left there was one girl that contacted me and it turned out she lived close-by and was friends with friends of mine. Anyway, my friends decided to set up a supper where we could all get together and i could meet this forum friend. I said Thanks but no thanks - I didn't want my "virtual" life known by "real" people! It's really weird - like as long as we are just text on a screen it's safe to say how we really feel and really think iykwim?

You all know so much more about me than they do, and I really enjoy being able to speak to freely.

Have been taking the high dose of folic acid for two months now, and all is going well. Sorry if some bits of my journal seem abit odd, I deleted bits out of it when I first moved over to TTC as I didn't realise how could bring your journals over, and then I realised and had already deleted it. :p

Glad you're taking the folic acid already. I heard from someone that in UK you have to get a doctor to prescribe the high dose? Here you just go ask the pharmacist for folic acid and they automatically give you the 5mg pills - everyone TTC takes the 5mg folic acid pills!

I got mine on prescription, and I really had to fight to get them, and I think it was the third doctor I saw finally agreed to let me have them!! xxx

Wow, i'm surprised they don't want to give them to you - it's not like they're harmful or anything. Really glad you got them in the end!

(funny thing about not wanting to meet the forum friends from my previous forum is I actually would love to meet most of the ladies on this forum! I keep thinking to myself how cool it would be to organise a big meet and to fly to UK to meet everyone LoL - I think the difference is if i had met the other girl she might have told my "real" friends what really goes on in my crazy head, whereas with the ladies on this forum everyone already knows! LoL)

Me too, and even the doctor who did prescribe them just kept saying how she didn't understand why I wanted them, and how she doesn't think I need them, well er hello I have done my research and coeliacs do need them, and in studies where coeliacs took them there were 0 babies born with spina bifida, and generally soeaking babies born to coeliacs have a higher chance of having it!! :(

I think it would be really cool to do that, I'd love to know what everyone looks like!! :D xxx

I'm glad you finally got the dosage you wanted, 24/7 :)

I think it would be really cool to do that too. I know we had that photos thread for a while but I don't look that much like my photo in real life, I don't know about everyone else!

xxx

LoL - just had another thought re virtual vs real - it's like i just write my thoughts to the pc and the pc actually replies! I think often we forget it's actually real people replying LoL :lol:

Yay, DH has just offered to organise chip-rolls for supper so one less thing for me to have to think about! :happydance:

OH YUMMY!! :D
We are having a roast as I couldn't be bothered to cook it last night!! :p

There was one of my wedding photos in GS, I think it is still there. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back