NTNP Chat Thread

mmmmm chip-rolls :D We had roast beef yesterday so today I am making Roast Soup! This is something that I made once just to get rid of leftovers and OH now loves so much that he always insists that I make enough roast so that there are enough leftovers to make this next day!!
Basically I chop the leftover meat into chunks then fry it with some onions, mix some flour in, add hot stock then add the leftover veggies, chopped up leftover roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings etc and cook it for a bit until it is thickened, then stir in the leftover gravy and probably a gurgle more wine, simmer a tiny bit more and serve with crusty bread! The potatoes and yorkshire puddings break down to thicken the soup and the veggies and meat stay in chunks so you end up with a nice thick warming soup :) We also found that Tesco were doing buy one get one free on 500ml tubs of Ben & Jerry's at the weekend so have plenty of ice cream for dessert! Cherry Garcia and Half Baked - my 2 favourites! It's peeing down with rain and dark and dreary here so comfort food is definitely on the menu! That and a nice hot bath and a hot chocolate when I get home I think!

xxxx

you'll be home before me then...stick the kettle on when you get there :lol: :lol:

xxx

OMG I Loooooove Ben & Jerrys - DH too - but they don't sell it in SA :cry:
That soup sounds really yummy - i must remember it next time i do a roast (problem is i never do roasts :dohh: )

OH YUMMY!! :D
We are having a roast as I couldn't be bothered to cook it last night!! :p

There was one of my wedding photos in GS, I think it is still there. xxx

Sorry, feeling stupid, what's GS?

Oh, and Carreg, did you notice your ticker - yesterday you were in love with your OH for 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days! :haha:

lol I'd offer to ship you some, Huggles, but I think it'd arrive as just a big smooshy mess!! Rubbish that they don't sell it over there, that seems crazy!

and no, I didn't notice my ticker :lol: I'm more excited that Felix is going to be 4 in 30 days! That's craaaaaaaaaaaaazy!! 20 mins til hometime! Woo!

xxxx

OH YUMMY!! :D
We are having a roast as I couldn't be bothered to cook it last night!! :p

There was one of my wedding photos in GS, I think it is still there. xxx

Sorry, feeling stupid, what's GS?

Oh, and Carreg, did you notice your ticker - yesterday you were in love with your OH for 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days! :haha:
Ooops, girly sanctuary. :thumbup:
Roast potatoes are now in, time to peel the veg.... :cry::winkwink: xxx

Oh, thanks - just requested access so i can check them out :D

YAY!! :D
Excuse anything dodgy!! :p xxxx

lol I'd offer to ship you some, Huggles, but I think it'd arrive as just a big smooshy mess!! Rubbish that they don't sell it over there, that seems crazy!

and no, I didn't notice my ticker :lol: I'm more excited that Felix is going to be 4 in 30 days! That's craaaaaaaaaaaaazy!! 20 mins til hometime! Woo!

xxxx

3 things DH and I really miss about UK:
1. sainsbury's chocolate milk
2. frey bentos tinned pies (weird i know, but i love them!)
3. Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

And what sucks is although we have "import" shops here that sell all kinds of british food - they can't sell things like that because they're all fresh and with importing laws and what have you they can't import fresh food or some nonsense.

EWWWWWW!! To the pies!!
My hubby likes them, and yuck!!!!!! :p
xxxx

LoL i absolutely love them - especially the steak ones. The chicken ones sometimes gross me out a bit but i love the steak ones.

i have the best hubby ever - he knows i'm struggling with this trauma at work etc so he out of the blue offered to do chip rolls for supper, then he comes home with extra rolls and viennas for us to have hotdogs tomorrow so i don't have to worry about lunch for work, and then on top of that he brings pringles and chocolate! Oooh, i just love my husbink :D

Well done Mr Huggles, it's when we are feeling abit down we realise just how lucky we are to have nice husbands.
I hope you did/do enjoy them!! xxxxx

evening lovely ladies!
Have successfully made soup and had a nice bubble bath. Mmmm.
24/7 - how was your roast?
Huggles - my boss is from SA and has been here for about 5 years. She is always complains about the stuff she can't get over here, well, not without paying over the odds for it anyway. Especially some breakfast cereal thing, like porridge style stuff I think? You two should get into some sort of foodstuffs exchange! :lol: And yay for Mr Huggles! Tell you hubby that we all think he's awesome!

Xxx

Well done on the soup!! :D
Roast was good, but I'm still not feeling very well, half coldy, half virusy, but nothing seems to have come of it yet, just the pre illness feeling for a couple of days. :( xxxx

Huggles - my boss is from SA and has been here for about 5 years. She is always complains about the stuff she can't get over here, well, not without paying over the odds for it anyway. Especially some breakfast cereal thing, like porridge style stuff I think? You two should get into some sort of foodstuffs exchange!

Xxx

I actually got in touch with our 3 main supermarket chains and asked them all if they could import the frey bentos pies LoL. One of them actually got back to me and said they were in the process of organising to import a bunch of British stuff, but unfortunately the pies were not amongst the things they'd chosen but they would look into it. Unforunately they then got back to me to say they couldn't import them cos they contain meet and it's against some or other import laws to bring meat in from UK. :(

Morning everyone :)

24/7 - I hope you're feeling better today. I hate that pre-illness feeling when you feel knackered and under the weather but you KNOW it's not the 'main 'event' as it were.

Huggles - that's rubbish. I can't say I like those pies very much but it does suck that you can't have them unless you come here! Hey, you should come for a combined Fray Bentos/NTNP meet up visit!!

Another day in the office, joy! Still, only today, tomorrow & Thursday to go then I'm off til Tuesday cos I am getting Felix on Friday and then it's the Bank Holiday! Wooo! :happydance:

Ohhh, and OH & I BD'd this morning and he didn't pull out or freak out! However...I'm not getting too hopeful because I think he has a pretty good idea of my cycles so he'll know there's no chance right now (8 days til Ov roughly)..but...I'll wait with fingers crossed to see what happens when it gets nearer to Ov day!! Good start though!

xxxx

Morning Everyone :hugs:

I need help! We are doing a sponsered walk and fun day for help the heroes on sunday. The walk is fancy dress and im really stuck on what to wear and also i need something clever but easy for Jaden. OH is going as superman and his daughter is going as a high school musical cheerleader.

Need to hide the mummy tummy of course.

xx

LoL - should definitely organise a trip - NTNP meet, frey bentos catch-up, and lot's and lots of sainsbury's chocolate milk and ben & jerry's! :D Could make a really great holiday :D

Carreg that's awesome about OH not pulling out or anything - who knows, maybe you ovulate early and some of those little :spermy: are still swimming around!

That's great that you're getting Felix for a nice long weekend - enjoy! So nice that you can see him more often now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->