NTNP Chat Thread

Well, I bought it already cooked so all I have to do is dress it (get it out of it's shell) - basically just snap the legs off, crack them open and get the meat out, apply pressure to the carapace so the body comes away, removed the lungs, mouth & stomach sac (luckily they tend to come away neatly so no mess or ickyness, not that I'm particulary squeamish but still) then pull all the meat out.

Was originally just going to garnish it and do a salad but might do nice thick seedy brown bread sarnies instead, if OH really wants a hot meal I might make pasta and mix the crab with a lemony creme fraiche chilli concoction and stir it through. Trying to keep it quick & simple tonight because of going out.

xxx

Very nice!! :D
We have tuna tonight, although I can't really face eating it, but will give it a go!! xxx

Tuna steak or tinned tuna? I love tuna. I have a couple of tuna steaks in the freezer....hmmmm maybe that'll be tomorrow nights dinner!!

xxx

Tuna steaks, cheese and potato bake with brocoli. xx

mmmmmmm sounds tasty! I love how we all always start talking about our dinners from about 3.30 onwards!!! :lol:

xxx

Thanks 4magpies!! :D
I love dinner time, and always really looks forward to it!! :p xx

I have mentioned it before, but I really want a new job, but I just can't find anything that pays as much, or has such a good maternity package. :(
What sort of jobs does everyone here do? xxx

I am the same with dinner time, but for me it's more excitement about the planning and cooking of a meal! I love food, as long as someone else is eating most of it so I'm not getting too fat!!

I have the same problem with my job, I would love to move but I don't want to have to wait for 6 months in the new place before I qualify for maternity pay when I am hoping to by pg well before then. I have said what I do before I think so you have probably already seen it but my official job is 'Bid Support Administration'. Wish I could leave but don't want to have to start over on maternity benefits. Grrr. What do you do?

xxx

I work for a VW dealership doing warranty...

My maternity package is rubbish, my sick package is rubbish but I LOVE my job.

So its kinda worth it, and maternity will only come in handy the once... maybe twice so its not worth changing my job really.

xxx

Maternity package is all that makes me stay, six months full pay then three months at 90%, but I hate everything about it except my salary, which is now nearly 30K. Nothing has such good maternity package or pay. :( And we rely on my salary too much for it to drop. :( Once I get my BFP I will switch to a different role, and I just can't wait!! xxx

I want to be happy at my job, swapsie please!! :p xxx

I'm only on 17k.

My maternity package is 90% for 6 weeks. :haha:

Then on to statuatory... so we will have to tighten our belts for a bit but will be so worth it.

xxx

I really wanted to be a paediatric nurse when I was doing my a-levels, but we had a few family issues during this time, and I didn't get the results I needed for uni, and then got this job and just went with the flow, but I really regret it. :( Once we have had our children I like the idea of becoming a teacher, but would rather wait until afterwards, but for now I'm abit stuck.... I am greatful to have a job, as lots of people I was at school with can't get them, but I'd still like one I enjoy. xxx

4magpies - I am on the same wage as you and out maternity benefits are similar, I'm 8 weeks at full pay then the rest at statutory. I know it doesn't sound great, especially compared to yours 24/7 (which is amazing by the way!!) but it's better than a lot of places round here and most places say you have to have worked there for 6 months before you can claim maternity benefits anyway so I'm rather loathe to move. I'm grateful to have a job at all in the current climate so not sure I even want to start looking! If something amazing came up then maybe I would gof or it but I think I'll have to stick miserably where I am for now!! Hopefully after we have a baby (if if if) then if we manage to get buy on OH's salary (am 'encouraging' him to move to a different company who will pay him what he is worth) hopefully I will be able to give up work or just go part time but I think that is HIGHLY unlikely!!

xxx

I'm really hoping to go part time after baby arrives (FX) and then do two or possibly at q push three days, but alot of this depends on what OH decided he wants to do, either a side step or promotion, naturally I want him to go for promotion, but he likes the idea of a side step!! :p My mum will look after LO so we won't have to pay for childcare, and at the moment we have spare money at the end of the month, so hopefully we could do it. Our plan is to have a second so that I am already pregnant when I return from maternity leave, then after second hopefully all being well I could give up, but that can only happen if OH has a promotion. The end. :p xxxx

You got it all planned out!!

We will have to pay for childcare, I wont leave my LO with MIL and my mum lives a bit to far away, my grandparents could help but they are both over 65 now and wouldnt want to burden them.

xx

Eeek, MIL will be going nowhere near my LO!! :blush: We have a hate, hate relationship!! :winkwink: We are so lucky to have my Mum so close by, or we would be abit stuck, especially with tax credits going/reducing etc, and it would be working just to pay a nursery all my wages. :growlmad: xxxx

Yeah me and my MIL are a bit like that... ever since she said I wasnt allowed to sleep over at Phills anymore, we havent been the same, its why we got our own place. Biatch.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->