NTNP Chat Thread

Thanks for the huggle 4magpies. Hope you feel better soon :flower:

Morning ladies. :hugs: for Huggles amd 24/7, hope you are both feeling a bit better soon, and hope all goes ok at work 24/7.

I have a stupid marketing conference today (we have been told it's totally pointless but we have to go because technicall we fall under Marketing even thogh we are definitely not!!) so have been off work this morning as it doesn't start til 11. Have to pick up a colleague on the way though so still have to leave in about 15 mins and I haven't actually had a sit down yet what with dropping OH at work then doing housework! Oops!

I'll probably be on here on my phone as often as I can cos I'll be bored out of my skull otherwise!!!

xx

Oh yes, I shall be bnb'ing on my phone later too!! :p
Hope metting goes ok Carreg. xxx

Wow, just noticed the time - already 11:18 - at least the time is flying with all this work i have to do. Going on lunch at 12 and then going to pop down to the hospital to have blood taken to check my thyroid levels. Have booked a general appointment with my gp for friday after work to check a couple of things so want the blood results back by then so she can check those too.

Morning Ladies!!!

Good heavens, what on earth did I miss yesterday? (OK, I missed a lot of deleted messages, I'm curious, but they were obviously like that for a reason, so I won't ask.)

Hopefully the cold is starting to feel a little better this morning.

I like the idea of a Witch count until TTC....

I had an awful nightmare yesterday, work etc was starting to get to me. I work for the Civil Service and although I love my job, we're currently facing a lot of cutbacks (as are everyone) so we have to justify everything that we do these days.

Oh and as a follow on from the conversations that were happening yesterday, just for reference, I'm on £28,000 plus overtime and oncall allowances. No idea what the maternity pay is, but it'll be standard government pay, whatever that is.

Although I do have something exciting to add...

We're now (well when DH returns from Singapore) going to be properly trying!!! I can't believe it. He phoned me yesterday and said that when he's back he wants to start trying. I honestly can't believe it. And according to my ticker on here, my 'fertile' period will be over the weekend of our wedding anniversary! Well that would be a memorable birthday present, wouldn't it!

:hugs: to all. xxx

Oh wow dragonhawk that is so exciting! And your DH must be really into the idea to have actually phoned from so far to tell you. Sending you lots and lost of :dust: - hope you get an anniversary baby!

I'm not sure which posts were deleted - i don't remember anythign dodgy going on...

Hey Dragonhawk, fantastic news re TTC, woooo!! :D
Sorry about the delted posts, I'm having a situation at work, and though best delete just in case it's ever seen, although it's very unlikely!! :p
Ooooh, what sort of job do you do? I'm desperately on the hunt this morning, but nothing that great yet. xxx

Thanks Huggles.
I'm excited about it. Plus it's almost as if my body is telling me that now is the time to start this properly.... AF can be mapped reliably, we've nearly finished doing the work on the house that we wanted and I have lost the weight keeping it off for over 12 months now.

I'm definitely in my 'happy place' right now. :D

24/7 Enough said, fully understood.
And thanks to all. I'm rather excited, but obviously don't want to say anything to anyone so it's nice to have this place as a release. :D

Dragonhawk well done on keeping the weight off! Never an easy thing to do! I'm so glad everything is working out so well for you :D

I'm feeling much happier again now - think focusing on positive threads and doing lots of work has really helped :)

Had my blood taken. After a bit of confusion filling in forms due to me not having a referral from my gp or the relevant codes for the medical aid, we finally got it all sorted and the lady that took my blood was so good i totally didn't feel it at all! I mean i never mind having blood taken, i'm so used to it i watch as they do it, but i do normally feel the needle go in. This was just weird watching it go in and not feeling anything!

So, all you food-buffs, any idea what i should make for supper tonight? I would prefer something fairly simple (remember i'm anything but a wonder in the kitchen, so i don't consider cutting open crabs simple! LoL). No preference really as to what seeing as though both my fridge and freezer are pretty empty so i'm gonna land up having to buy something anyway - but preferably nothing too expensive. We're not big vegetable fans, nor are we really all that keen on fish although if there's a nice sounding fish dish i'll consider it (although DH won't eat prawns as we think he might have a bit of an allergy to them after getting violently ill last time i made some).

I have potatoes, couscous, pasta, rice, eggs and that's about it really, so will have to go shopping :blush:

How about spag boll, shepherds pie or pizza? xxx

hello - I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread ;-)

have been reading the entire thread over the last few days and felt as though it's time to finally give my five pence worth ....and it feels less as though I'm stalking you all ;-)
have given a brief intro on the main NTNP page so feel free to read up on me there ;-)

huggles - how about pasta with pesto and some cherry tomatoes? That's what I usually make if I haven't got much in the cupboard and I don't fancy a huge meal. not sure if you get pesto in SA though :shrug:

Ooooo.... Pasta with Cherry toms and Pesto sounds good.... Grill some chicken breast and slice whilst still hot, and eat together.

Although I'm a fine one to talk, my comfort food at the moment is still cheesy mashed potato. :)

24/7 - what on earth is spag boll????
I don't like shepherd's pie :blush: - not sure why as i love both mince and mash but i just don't like shepherd's pie :shrug:
Pizza sounds good - although i normally by it ready made - but maybe we could be different and make our own.

JuFer - welcome! :hi: We do indeed have pesto here and in fact i have about 4 different varieties in my freezer at the moment! I might land up doing that - although i'm not entirely in the mood for pesto. Will see what other suggestions come up - but it's a good one to fall back on.

:dohh: forgot to write my actual post! LoL

My desk is so covered in papers and files at the moment - looks like a tornado's hit! The time is flying - i still have stuff to do that i haven't even started, have been putting off doing for month, don't feel like doing but now need done!

Glad I could help :) - but I know what you mean of not being in the mood for pesto - I get that too.

I think dragonhawk meant Spaghetti bolognese ;-)

It was 24/7 that suggested bolognase, but that sounds good too.

I'm off to a friend's tonight, we're having a Twilight-fest whilst our hubbies are away. :)

ooops - sorry! would help if I read through the posts properly!

Have fun at your Twilight-fest ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->