NTNP Chat Thread

Oooh, Twilight fest sounds like fun!

Thanks for the heads up on the spag boll - never heard it called that before! :D Sounds like a definite option though!

ok, supper is sorted - i suggested spag boll and DH said he felt like prego rolls and offered to make them himself - so naturally i eagerly accepted cos if i don't have to cook ...! :D
And it means we can use our very own homegrown lettuce for hte first time since planting it! :happydance:

as you can probably see - i'm feeling waaaaay better than i was this morning :D

Prego roll is a ciabatta bun/roll with thin flattened tenderised steak (flavoured - preferably a bit spicy), tomato, cheese, lettuce, mayo etc) - it's kind of a fancy hamburger i guess LoL. You can use chicken also instead of steak. One of DH's favourite.

Yay - only 15 min til hometime! :happydance:

24/7 - how's the work atmosphere been?
Carreg - how did the marketing thingy go?

Wow this day has just flown by so quickly! Being busy really does have it's perks :D

oooh - I knew I had heard of prego rolls before but couldn't think of where. now that you described it I remember - they do them at Nandos' as an alternative to all the chicken dishes. have never had it before but may give it a go next time - sounds yummy!

Oooo... Yummy, preggo rolls!!! I've heard of them before. I usually end up putting salsa in them, because I was originally hooked on them after spending time in the US.

Definitely agree that 'grown-up cheese burger' is a pretty good description of them though. If making them at home, use the Old El Paso Enchillada powder on the steaks\chicken before cooking. OK, now I'm hungry.

And tonight, I'm taking pudding and popcorn. :) Go Team Edward!!!!! (I love a good vampire!)

Yummy dinner!! And glad you are feeling abit better!!
Atmosphere is tense but haven't seen those that apparently have issues yet, eek!!!! xxxx

I'm on salmon and cous cous tonight, want to get past the 14st 12 barrier I seem to have hit!

xxx

jacket potato - yum
chilli - not so sure :nope:

I'm not a big fan of burny food - neither is DH. I was actually thinking of making us jacket potatoes sometime soon - no-one here really actually ever makes them. I tried it once but landed up with potato skin lying flat all over the plate and no "shell" to put the filling back into :blush: Think perhaps i need a bit more practice at scooping out the inside and putting it back again LoL.

I'm so hungry its unreal... all I have had today is 4 rivitas and extra light laughing cow.

xxx

oh my word i'm not surprised you're hungry! (laughing cow is yummy! :p )

i had a smoothie for breakfast (2 banana's, 1 apple, appr 1 small glass milk, 1 small yoghurt, some honey and some sunflower seeds) - which i ate a bit late cos i didn't feel like eating. Then i had one hotdog for lunch and a few pieces of dried fruit and i was super hungry when i got home. Not sure how you're managing on just a few ryvitas!

I have no choice I really want to lose another stone before TTC.

I'm sick of being fat. :haha:

My friend charlotte off here is nipping round for a brew tonight! Yeeey... not seen her in a while and she hasnt seen my new house yet!!

xxx

well enjoy the visit! - and try not to starve yourself too much. If you eat too little your body holds onto the weight even more cos it doesn't know where/when it's going to get the nutrients it needs.

evening girls! I can't believe how much chatting you've all got through today! My conference was rubbish. Really boring as expected but hey-ho. The food was nice though and the venue really gorgeous. I nearly fell asleep towards the end but at least it's over with now!

Only one more day in the office this week (but it's gpnna be a busy one, got to get a bid finalised so it can go out without me on Friday) and then getting Felix on Friday! Yaaaaaaaaaay!! He was on the phone to me whilst I was dismembering the crab and was very excited by the whole thing (though very concerned that 'it might snap you Mummy') and wanted me to save him some so I think I will have to buy another one for the weekend so he can help this time!

Hope you're all having a good evening. OH has come home with a headache so not sure if he is going to his guitar night or not so may end up just chilling together.

xxx

Felix sounds so cute! It's gonna be great for you spending a nice long weekend together with him!

Our prego rolls were nice. I was really surprised by how nice the lettuce tasted! I don't really like lettuce but now we bought some to grow our own (cos lettuce) and we put it on the prego rolls and i had a few bites where i could really taste the lettuce and it was just so nice! Fresh is definitely way better than store bought.

Think i'm gonna go to bed nice and early tonight - go and lie and read for a bit.

Quick hello and night night from me. xxxx

Well, i was in bed before 9pm last night! Was so tired. Read about half a chapter of my book and then went to sleep and slept quite well - although i woke up too early, but that's not unusual - been waking up too early for the past few weeks.

Super busy at work again today - we take on 2-3 trainees each year and today is the final round of interviews so it's a bit hectic. Plus i have a bunch of other stuff that needs doing to sort out who's going to take on my deceased colleagues clients etc. I've kind of put my Access query on hold for a bit - it's not urgent so it must just wait. But i must admit i'm quite enjoying being so busy - such a pleasant change from the boring 'nothing to do' days.

I've decided to be inspired by all you foodies and so i think i'm going to try at least one "challenging" dish per month. So any ideas are more than welcome. I also think we need to try and eat a bit more fish and since we both like both salmon and tuna steaks (although they are super expensive), i'm gonna try and do salmon/tuna at least twice a month. I'd love to do it once a week but not sure my budget will allow for that. And i love the idea of salmon and couscous (which i think 4magpies had last night?) so i'm gonna do that next week - and i'll put raw baby marrows cut up into the couscous which adds a nice crunch and some veggies :D Monday is payday which means i'll finally have money to buy food again so any nice ideas for meals next month are more than welcome - then i can at least attempt to plan a sort of shopping list.

Oh, one more thing, I was wondering the other day - how old is everyone? I'm 29 - turning 30 end November.

I love home done stuff.... It's just a case of having the time\patience to do it that gets me. Although I'm definitely a convert to home baked bread. I recently manage to get a breadmaker for £15 at work and it's fantastic.

I was worried that we'd end up eating too much bread, but two loaves is all we use and the smell is the best in the morning (I put it on the night before, on timer) it's better than an alarm clock.

Hmm.... Weekend breakfast - warm fresh bread, fresh orange juice and lemon curd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->