NTNP Chat Thread

I want to move house too, further into the countryside, too near London for me right noa!! xxx

I dont like living in town/city.

I was brought up in a suburb right next to the river/countryside/farmland.

Then me and phill rented a house right near town, litterally 2 mins walk away... I hated it, far to noisy and just ergh!!

Then we bought this house in a culdesac right next to the country side, I love it, its so quiet and you hear the church bells ringing on a sunday morning. Love it. My dog loves it too!

xxx

Whereabouts are you 24/7?

I wouldn't say it's noisy or overly busy here because we are down out the way off the main road...it's quite quiet, you can hear the geese arriving on the canal every morning like clockwork at 0630, noisy beggars...but it is just too close to a town for me. I'd live right in the middle of nowhere if I could, neighbours miles away etc!

xxx

:) I think I'm something of the opposite of most people.... I've always lived in relatively populated places, so I'm used to light and noise. When we go and stay with friends of ours I have a real problem sleeping. No street lighting, no traffic... And because it almost always rains\snows when we visit them, I have real problems sleeping. It's too quite!!!!
:D

I only use FRER too, thats why I am so good at holding out.

xxx

Aah, sounds lovely 4magpies. We live in a suburb at the moment - can't really live in the countryside here. When we were in UK for a year we lived in London - didn't like it much, but only realised that it would take the same amount of time to travel in from outside of london as from where we were just before we left :dohh: Our original plan was to land in london and then find some little country town to live and work in but i got a job within the first week of arriving and it was in King's Cross so we kind of figured that meant we had to live in london too! So we were in Golder's Green for 3 months and then Tooting Bec for the rest of the year - in flat shares.

I would love to live on a smallholding - my own bit of countryside in the suburbs! :D

Power to the frer's magpies!! :p
I live on the border of Surrey, Kent and London!! Happy days!! xxx

oh and the other things that pees me off is that we live in a set of cluster homes and have nighbours right opposite our front door who sit outside ont heir steps smoking endless cigarettes all day and evening and it blows right in my kitchen & front room windows so we have to have the windows shut unless we want our house to stink. Not a nice choice to have to make especially on hot days!! They used to chuck their fag ends all over our side too until we gave them a flower pot and asked them not to. Definitely hate having neighbours so close!

xxx

i'm so hungry! I seem to have hungry days and not hungry days each month and this is definitely a super hungry day! HAd my smoothie for breakfast and kept trying to drink more of it even though it was alreayd finished. Then i ate 3 of the mini muffins i bought for the interviewer's tea time, and now i've just had a bacon, feta and avo toasted sarmie. And I'm STILL starving!

Right time for work now, will try and pop back on my break!!
Hugs to you all in the mean time!! xxx

It is lovely, lovely neighbours to, well the ones that we have so far... there are only 3 people living on the close yet, they are still finishing off the other houses across from us.

xxx

I had cold cous cous for lunch left over from last night. Well full now!!

xxx

I guess we're lucky... We live on a new (ish) housing estate and all of the houses have their own space, front and back. It's actually my dream house (well, obviously there are masses of things I'd like to have, but it's a pretty good, affordable mid-point) ;) I've always loved Townhouses.

We live on the Surrey\Hampshire\Berkshire border, so probably about the same distance from London as you 24/7.

The only thing I would like, if the money was available, would be that we'd move somewhere detached so that we had access and gardens all round the house. It would be DH's worst nightmare, just because of the amount of gardens to look after, but if we had that kind of money, it wouldn't be too much of an issue. Still, we all have to have our dreams, don't we. :)

Hubbie would prefer to sell everything and own a yacht instead, but I hate sailing in anything smaller than a cruise liner. (Heavens, I sound a snob, don't I. I'm not that bad, honestly....!!!)

mmmm avocado, feta & bacon sarnie...I looooove that combination so much. I'm blinking starving! Forgot my lunch and don't have any money to put on my work restaurant card (stupid cashless system) so I'm going without. Booooo. Mind you, I still feel sick & dizzy so not hungry really! I have a nice coffee though. Can't wait to get home for dinner. Pork stir fry with pineapple and noodles!

xxx

Well, talking of dreamhouses...

I would have a biggish (not too big - don't want to be scared by the size) house on a smallholding, with fruit trees and a nice vegetable patch and herb garden. I would have a little area where i would have a potbellied pig or 2 (always had a thing for potbellied pigs!) and 2 dogs that just run around everywhere, and of course our 2 cats we do have. Might have some chickens too for fresh eggs. In the house i'd have a lovely old fashioned farmhouse kitchen with a lovely wooden table in it where we'd all eat around. There would be a fireplace in teh lounge (DH has always wanted a fireplace) and we would have fresh bread every weekend :) Obviously i wouldnt' work so i could spend my days pottering around in the garden, talking to my animals, and cooking lovely meals. And the lounge would be all nice and homely and cosy.

Aaaaah, to dream.....

What i'll be lucky to get - a small 3 bed house in the suburbs with a small back yard. Work all day, go home, cook cos we have to eat, etc etc. Not really all that bad but not quite the dream.

Ladies...we need to have some sort of meet in London! We all seem to live about the same distance away from there...(apart from Huggles...sorry Huggles :()

Just my crazy idea for the afternoon!

xxx

I would have a biggish (not too big - don't want to be scared by the size) house on a smallholding, with fruit trees and a nice vegetable patch and herb garden. I would have a little area where i would have a potbellied pig or 2 (always had a thing for potbellied pigs!) and 2 dogs that just run around everywhere, and of course our 2 cats we do have. Might have some chickens too for fresh eggs. In the house i'd have a lovely old fashioned farmhouse kitchen with a lovely wooden table in it where we'd all eat around. There would be a fireplace in teh lounge (DH has always wanted a fireplace) and we would have fresh bread every weekend :) Obviously i wouldnt' work so i could spend my days pottering around in the garden, talking to my animals, and cooking lovely meals. And the lounge would be all nice and homely and cosy.

Aaaaah, to dream.....

This is also my dream, but country house and with stables and fields for my horses! Let's club together, buy an estate and share it out :p :lol:

xxx

mmmm avocado, feta & bacon sarnie...I looooove that combination so much. I'm blinking starving! Forgot my lunch and don't have any money to put on my work restaurant card (stupid cashless system) so I'm going without. Booooo. Mind you, I still feel sick & dizzy so not hungry really! I have a nice coffee though. Can't wait to get home for dinner. Pork stir fry with pineapple and noodles!

xxx

Oooh, that cashless system can be a pain sometimes! I went to the headoffice of the company i was working at in london for training one day and their restaurant uses those cards and so of course i didnt' have a card and didn't want to put money on the visitors card for just one day and have to leave the change on it. Was such a mission trying to get lunch!
Oh, and hte best part about my bacon, avo and feta sarmie? - the work paid for it! I brought a yucky cheese and jam sarmie made with frozen bread (ok, i really need to go shopping) was really hungry but just didn't feel like that sandwich, when my one colleague came to say she's ordering toasted sandwiches for the interviewees, i coudl order one too if i wanted! So i was like "yes please!" :D

Aaaaah, to dream.....

This is also my dream, but country house and with stables and fields for my horses! Let's club together, buy an estate and share it out :p :lol:

xxx

Sounds like a brilliant idea! :D

Aaah, i also want to meet :( Unfortunately i dont' think i can justify the expense of flying though...(aside from teh fact that we dont' actually have the money in the first place!) - why couldnt' this be 2 years ago and then i would haven been in london!

cheese and jam?? That certainly sounds interesting!! What sort of jam, and strong or mild cheese? I like interesteng food combinations so might give it a go! I can imagine strawberry jam and strong cheese (I only eat strong cheese!!) might work well...hmmm..

Nice job on getting work to pay for your awesome sarnie though :thumbup:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"