NTNP Chat Thread

That's impressive and very handy "know-bow" - especially if you're only having to give the instructions :haha:

oooh Ariel Atom, yes yes yes. And a Tesla Roadster :) Actually, I'd be really happy just having OH's old car back...Civic 1.8vti - loved it SO much.

Peanut butter and cheese and peanut butter and jam are both excellent! Mmmmm. Marmite and cheese is also good, and so is marmite & clotted cream (trust me!)

Magpies - I'd like your job I think :D

I work 0900 - 1715 on a normal day but usually get in at around 0830 ish. What are your hours Huggles?

xxx

I like the idea of peanut butter and cheese... never had that.

Ooooh yeah you cant bit a bit of VTEC! :haha:

My job is fab, never a day the same and get to learn lots of interesting stuff and go on cool courses! I work 0800 - 1730! Its long days, I'm meant to have a half hour lunch but never take it. Really hoping to go semi part time when I have baba...

xxx

Oooo Peanut butter and chocolate spread sarnies. :) Yum!

LOL.... I can change the tyres, do an oil change, fix leaks in the radiator and change a mulitude of bulbs. Unfortunately I learnt by necessity, my first car was an Irish import and the cost of having this stuff done at the garage was more than the car was worth. Since then, I haven't really stopped. The only downside is that oil is stubborn to get off anything, but it will actually 'melt' acrylic\gel nails!!!!

oooh Ariel Atom, yes yes yes. And a Tesla Roadster :) Actually, I'd be really happy just having OH's old car back...Civic 1.8vti - loved it SO much.

Peanut butter and cheese and peanut butter and jam are both excellent! Mmmmm. Marmite and cheese is also good, and so is marmite & clotted cream (trust me!)

Magpies - I'd like your job I think :D

I work 0900 - 1715 on a normal day but usually get in at around 0830 ish. What are your hours Huggles?

xxx

I work 08:00 - 16:30 (16:00 on Fridays) with a one hour lunch break. Love it!

Marmite and cheese is nice if you like marmite. Can't imagine marmite and clotted cream though! I'm not really a fan of marmite, only really eat it on toast and only then when i'm not feeling well - then it's the nicest thing - but must be spread very thinly.

LOL.... I can change the tyres, do an oil change, fix leaks in the radiator and change a mulitude of bulbs. Unfortunately I learnt by necessity, my first car was an Irish import and the cost of having this stuff done at the garage was more than the car was worth. Since then, I haven't really stopped. The only downside is that oil is stubborn to get off anything, but it will actually 'melt' acrylic\gel nails!!!!

ooh, i love chocolate spread, but it seldom gets to my bread as i just eat it out the jar :blush: Haven't tried it with peanut butter but it sounds yummy.

Re the car -that's the kind of things i'd love to know how to do! (a bit freaky about it melting nails!)

Ok, gonna post this, but will then delete it later ... (deleted)

I would apply... see how you go on, you can always turn it down when offered...!

xxx

Ooooh yeah you cant bit a bit of VTEC! :haha:

My job is fab, never a day the same and get to learn lots of interesting stuff and go on cool courses! I work 0800 - 1730! Its long days, I'm meant to have a half hour lunch but never take it. Really hoping to go semi part time when I have baba...

xxx

*wistful sigh* ahhhhh my wonderful VTEC. How I miss it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Grand Vitara and it i so cheap to run cos of the LPG but...just to know all you have to do it drop it into 3rd and stick your toe down and you're doing 140mph before you can blink.....*sigh* and the sound it makes whent he VTEC kicks in...*drool* It was pirate black too with tinted back windows and smoked front ones so it looked damned good. And to think, it's just sitting on OH's parent's drive going rusty!

How did you get your job? I am on the look out for a new job at the minute and wouldn't mind working at a dealership I don't think, especially if it was the more technical end not just sitting behind a desk smiling nicely!

Peanut butter & chocolate spread - mmmmmm. I can do most basic car stuff, and can change brake discs & pads. OH can do pretty much any car repair job that needs doing as he used to spend his late teenage years building old Beetles, which comes in handy when it's much cheaper to just buy the parts and do it yourself!!

I work 08:00 - 16:30 (16:00 on Fridays) with a one hour lunch break. Love it!

ooh, i love chocolate spread, but it seldom gets to my bread as i just eat it out the jar :blush: Haven't tried it with peanut butter but it sounds yummy.)

That's pretty nice hours! Wish I finished that early, I wouldn't mind coming in earlier! And I agree re chocolate spread, usually it just ends up on a spoon and in my mouth!!

I prefer Vegemite to Marmite. Mmmmm. But either is good on hot buttery toast!

xxx

Well my career history is a bit random... 1st I was doing accounting for 2 years @ the county council, then I quit and worked in a vets for 2 months voluntarily as a vets nurse to try get on a degree course, I didnt get on it cause I didnt have enough A Levels... *rolls eyes* so that dream was smashed... then I worked in a petshop for a year in charge of the fish section and animal nutrition, then I went next door to halfords and worked (well not really work but had a ball of a time) there for a year, then a job came up in parts at a skoda dealership and I went there for a year, loved the job but hated the people, then a job came up the same job at a VW dealership so went there then I got made redundant in Jan and the guy who did my job I do now handed his notice in the monday after I got made redundant on the friday, and here I am! Lol... all worked out well really as I am on really good money for what I do and I am really happy.

If the car is sat there rusting you should sell it, those engines can fetch £1500 alone!!

People use them for conversions.

xxx

huggles - I would maybe find out a bit more about the job first, e.g. you mentioned they didn't state a salary etc.
but otherwise I would have to agree with 4magpies - you've got nothing to lose so I would probably apply if I were in your shoes (and if it goes well it's a nice confidence boost as well, knowing that you could get another job if you wanted to....)

Magpies - I keep going on at OH to do something with it! Not sure how much it'd really be worth, it's got a bugger load of miles on it. The reason it's just sitting there is because things kept going wrong, it'd be 2 things one month, one the next, 3 the next etc etc then it failed the MOT and needed about £600 spent on it to put it right so we decided to quit while we were ahead and get a newer car (though if we hadn't found the Vitara we probably would have fixed the Honda, but the GV is so cheap to run and OH likes to be greener!) with less miles on so we wouldn't have to keep paying out a couple of hundred every month to fix things, which was really draining us financially. And the Honda was getting expensive in the fuel department too with all the price rises, the Vitara only costs £30 to fill with LPG. I wish we had been able to keep it though, or I wish we could afford to fix it so I could have it! OH has sentimental attachments to it though I think but he really can't just leave it there getting rusty, it's just pissing value away the worse condition it gets into! Anyway! Your job sounds cool so I shall keep an eye out for jobs in parts departments. I'll never end up applying though, I have it too easy here and I'm too lazy despite my protestations!!

Huggles - you should apply if you think it'll be good. You can always turn it down later if it gets offered to you. Seize the day and all that!!

2 hours 15 to go!

xxx

Huggles, I agree with others, you've got nothing to lose.

I'm currently quite annoyed with myself, as I should have booked a hairdressers appointment to cut my hair this week, and forgot. So now I'm in two minds as to what to do - dye my hair tonight and then book tomorrow morning, or book tomorrow morning and then dye in the evening.... It's a hard life, ain't it. ;)

I spent 6 years in a job I detested.... Well, ok the job was ok and some of the people that I worked with were great, but I also had a hard time with a lot of the guys.... Electrical engineering firm + qualified blonde female = a lot of stereotypical comments and assumptions.

Yes they were a pain and I hated it most of the time, but I still miss a few of the people.

So... Apply anyway, you have nothing to lose. You never know, it might be the catalystic you need to look elsewhere. I did and now I'm in a job I love.

Just popping in on my break and it's taken most of it to catch up!! :p I'd like a four bedroom house in a nice area with a garden to grow vegetables and have some pets, it's been my dream since as far back as I can remember!! I'm happy with my car now, we have a focus, and it's really nice....
Chilli jacket for dinne again here, zzz!!! What's for everyone else? xxx

I always dye my hair then get it cut, hope that helps! :haha:

My job isnt in parts but its a good way to open the door into a dealership. I am a warranty administrator/executive now.

I dont think we will move house for a very long time now, I only want one LO so 2 bedrooms is plenty for that.

OH wants 2 LO's though, so if it comes to it we will have to move but I really dont want to.

xxx

Oh, we have a 3 bed at present, and I only want one, so we'll be OK. However if DH gets his way, we'll end up with two and we'll have to move at some point, as we like having a computer room. (It'll be hard enough when no. 1 comes along and I lose my office.)

Chilli jacket for dinne again here, zzz!!! What's for everyone else? xxx

Mmmm jacket potato was my first choice for dinner tonight but we only have small ones left!! We're having stir fried pork (stir fried with pineapple, peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic, soy sauce, chinese 5 spice powder and a little smoked chilli) with noodles!

xxx

With hubbie away, I'm in two minds - Chinese take away or Slim Fast....!!!!

I dont really need a office, the spare room is full of random stuff from moving still.

We have a spacious kitchen, a big enough lounge and our master bedroom is quite large, the 2nd bedroom is just a smidge smaller cause it has a cupboard in it.

Garden will be enough for a sandpit on the decking and a swing on the gravel... I have it all planned out and as its a cul de sac it will be nice for LO to play out on.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->