NTNP Chat Thread

Nice one Huggles!!!!

In terms of meeting up, I'm afraid that I won't participate.... I'm one of these funny individuals that likes to keep my virtual and real lives seperate. Sorry.

Oh heavens, if only we could have dream houses....

I'm not sure where exactly the dream place would be, but I do know that we would have to have enough space for Bantam hens (they're cute) and if we had that sort of money, we'd have our dream cars too.... I'd have top of the range Mini Cooper S and Porsche 911. DH would have Aston Martin Vantage and a Range Rover Vogue. Hey, we dream big. :) The house would have enough space to have a dance studio built into the basement that would open out to a large patio area of the garden (minimum 3 floors you see) so that we could also use it as a party room. It would also have a Granny annexe for my mother so that she had somewhere to live, if she wants it, when my father dies. I know that's a somewhat depressing thought, but he has alzheimers and it's progressing incredibly quickly.

lol Dragonhawk, that's perfectly understandable :) I have met some of my best friends via the Internet so I'm not usually too aversed to meets, though I hate meeting new people cos I'm too shy so I get really stressed about them. I can understand why people would want to keept heir virtual and real lives seperate though :)

Oooh dream cars...not sure about that, I don't dream too big in that direction...I'd love a Mazda RX-8 though :)

xxx

cheese and jam?? That certainly sounds interesting!! What sort of jam, and strong or mild cheese? I like interesteng food combinations so might give it a go! I can imagine strawberry jam and strong cheese (I only eat strong cheese!!) might work well...hmmm..

Nice job on getting work to pay for your awesome sarnie though :thumbup:

xxx

normally it would be cheddar and strawberry jam, but today it's processed cheese slices (on special at factory shop) and strawberry jam.

Oh, I forgot my other sensible car, that I'd have, when the porsche or mini weren't really that practical.... Volvo C30.

Nice one Huggles!!!!

In terms of meeting up, I'm afraid that I won't participate.... I'm one of these funny individuals that likes to keep my virtual and real lives seperate. Sorry.

I totally get that - i'm usually the same. Had one of my friends try to set up a dinner so i could meet a "virtual" friend who happened to know a "real" friend of mine. I turned down the invitation - also didn't want to mix the two - didn't want my real friends knowing what all i say on forums as we tend to give way tmi way too often. So maybe it's just cos i'm on a different continent so i know it's unlikely to ever happen that i like the idea of meeting you ladies! (or maybe it's just cos you're all so darn nice!) :D

Ok, I shall definitely be trying strong cheddar & strawberry jam sandwiches ASAP!

3 hours 20 mins til end of work....argh it's dragging so much because I know I have tomorrow off and am looking forward to it!! Grr!

xxx

OMG! Someone else who loves cheese and jam buttys!!

Its one of my favorite things!! Haha.

Mmmmm.

xxx

oooh blimey - I only went out to get some lunch and I come back to 3 pages!!! :thumbup:

I didn't like living in london particularly but it's somewhat special to me as I came here after finishing school, made lots of friends and met my now husband :winkwink: (I'm not originally from the UK).

For me it wasn't hard to move out to the country but my dh was born in london and lived here most his life so he's finding it a bit harder - although he's slowly getting used to this life style. at the moment, I find working in london and living in kent a good balance as I still love meeting up with friends after work or going for a nice meal... and then "when" the weather is nice it's great to be spending time in the garden on the weekends or go for bike rides etc....
once kids come along though, I'm not so sure I'd still would want to commute to london as the day would just be too long and by the time I get home it would be sleeping time for them.

so in short - lol, sorry for the long post - at the moment I'm happy with the situ but later I could see myself getting more settled in the country side.

what are your working hours carreg? i only have 1h30 left :happydance:

i haven't tried cheese and peanut butter, but peanut butter and strawberry jam is also nice :)

And not to sound random, catching up... my house is new build in stone... its gorgeous, only 2 bedroom its all we need. Double drive and back garden big enough for us, we are not big gardeners or anything....

And dream cars, dont get me started!! Haha. I'm really into my cars. I would have a Honda NSX I think, plus a Porsche Cayenne, and maybe another Integra Type R to potter around in. Plus a BMW M3 convertible in white. I think that would do me... maybe a Noble aswell, and an ariel atom? I would have far to many cars, I cant just pick one!!

xxx

LoL - i am so not into cars i've never even heard of half the cars mentioned! I currently drive a little Hyundai Atos and i'm quite happy with that :)

I have 3.5 hours left at work... eekk...

And aswell I have met someone off here but I sort of already knew her though other people.

I sorta met Phillip off the internet aswell... well he had seen me at a car meet and he added me to msn and we met up properly an voila!

xxx

I/we have a honda civic type R, we only run one car cause he has a van for work.

The civic isnt standard its running about 230bhp which is +30bhp over standard. He likes to mess with it. :haha:

I have been brought up around cars and now work with them and its still a hobby. I sound like a geek dont I?!

LoL - not a geek but i have NO idea what you're talking about :haha:
I've always wanted to do a Mechanics course though - I'd love to be able to "open the hood" and know what i'm looking at. About the best i can do at hte moment is change a tyre.

See my job is like being a mechanic but without getting your hands dirty. Haha.

Its like the technical side of it rather than the practical. I love it.

xxx

Wow - changing a tyre is already something though! I wouldn't be able to do that - I'm more the "changing screen wash" type ;-) but I do like cars as well

LoL - my dad showed me a few years ago how to change a tyre. Shortly after he showed me my mom got a flat tyre while i was with her so i did that one. Then i was at work one day and one of the guys had a flat tyre. He didn't know how to change it so i stood there "little miss know-it-all" and instructed step by step while he did it! Was brilliant! Also help DH change one last year after we drove over a sharp thing that punctured our tyre instantly.

oooh Ariel Atom, yes yes yes. And a Tesla Roadster :) Actually, I'd be really happy just having OH's old car back...Civic 1.8vti - loved it SO much.

Peanut butter and cheese and peanut butter and jam are both excellent! Mmmmm. Marmite and cheese is also good, and so is marmite & clotted cream (trust me!)

Magpies - I'd like your job I think :D

I work 0900 - 1715 on a normal day but usually get in at around 0830 ish. What are your hours Huggles?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->