NTNP Chat Thread

wow, ok, i drive home, nip into the shops for mince and milk, get home, and there's 3 new pages!!!

Just popping in on my break and it's taken most of it to catch up!! :p I'd like a four bedroom house in a nice area with a garden to grow vegetables and have some pets, it's been my dream since as far back as I can remember!! I'm happy with my car now, we have a focus, and it's really nice....
Chilli jacket for dinne again here, zzz!!! What's for everyone else? xxx

I'm having the spag boll that was suggested yesterday :D Using my homegrown oreganum for the first time :)

With hubbie away, I'm in two minds - Chinese take away or Slim Fast....!!!!

I'm going to be naughty.... Sweet and Sour Pork balls from the Chinese and Special Fried rice.

DH is away, he's definitely not sticking to the diet....:headspin:

Glad you made the sensible choice! Was going to say definitely chinese - except i'd have it with noodles, not rice. Not a big rice fan.

Magpies - food shop, ugh! We do a big one monthly and as pay day is approaching on Tuesday that means it'll be time to go shopping some time mid next week. Woop-de-doo!
xxx

I also used to shop monthly. Was super organised - planned meals, planned the shopping list, etc. then we went to London and with a flatshare we only had one shelf in the fridge and one shelf in the freezer and one cupboard, so had to start shopping weekly Then when we came back here i never really got back into the monthly shopping and then when i fell pregnant i stopped being able to concentrate and so stopped making lists and used to walk into the shop and forget what i wanted to buy. I still haven't managed to get organised again... :blush:

I do try JuFer! All I really want to do is be an old-fashioned housewife, stay at home and look after my kids and my man and run a house and plan meals and cook and bake and do chores! If only I could afford to do that!!
xxx

That used to be my dream as well! (now i'm not sure what i want anymore...)

Hey ladies, can I join you pwetty pwease?!
I'm Chele and NTNPing my second. Thinking off TTCing in March next year so just going with the flow at the mo and seeing what my body does - i have PCOS so it's a bit haywire to say the least.

Wish I'd not actually read this thread. All I can think about now is chinese takeaway :cry:

Welcome Chele :hi:

Ok, supper's ready, hubby's home, i think i've finally caught up with all the new posts. Time to leave you lovely ladies for a bit.

Oh boy there are a few posts to catch up with here. I will have to do that after kids gone to bed i think lol. Just have my tea had burger in a cheese bread roll chips and beans, wasnt all that nice either tbh lol. My boys are now eating sweets, not so sure its a good idea, but they will be going to bed soon. Not sure what i be doing after kids go to bed now, might just get a shower and chill on the net or watch a film lol. Anyone got anything planned for tonight.

nothing planned, just sitting on the couch with hubby, watching The Unit.

Ok, here is the crispy shredded beef recipe! This makes enough for 3 generous portions so you may want to divide the quantities down
1.5 lbs stir fry beef strips (I use these cos I'm lazy but you can get steak and cut it into strips if you want)
1 cup carrots, cut into slim strips
2 to 3 cups of groundnut oil (not olive oil as it has to be unflavoured)
5 tablespoons cornflour

Sauce:
¼ cup rice wine vinegar (I has substituted white wine vinegar before and it works)
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp hot chilli sauce

1. Mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and then set it aside.

2. Add the oil to the wok and heat it on high. Make sure to add enough oil so that the beef will be submerged.

3. While the oil is heating, add the cornflour to the beef strips in a large bowl. Use your hand to mix it in thoroughly, making sure that each piece is coated.

4. Once the oil is hot (usually I make sure it's shimmering and about to bubble but not smoking) , add the beef and let it cook for around 3-4 minutes, or until it turns dark brown. Depending on the size of your wok, you will probably have to cook the beef in batches. If you have too much in there at once it will stick together and also the more beef you have in the wok, the longer it will take to cook because if you add all of the beef to the wok, the temperature of the oil will lower, making the cooking time longer.

5. Once the beef has cooked, remove it from the wok using a slotted spoon and set it on a plate lined with paper towels.

6. Remove all of the oil except for one tablespoon. Heat this oil on high.

7. Once the oil is hot, add the carrots and cook them for 2 minutes.

8. Then return the beef to the wok and add the sauce mixture. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined and then serve.

9. Serve with fried rice or noodles.

Hope the spag bol goes well, Huggles.

I'm just chilling and doing some cross stitch andwaiting for OH to get home, then I'll make dinner and after that not sure, maybe jut relax with a blu-ray.

Hope everyone is having a good evening
xxx

I'd love to be a stay at home Mum too, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. xx

Ah thanks for the recipe Carreg, am sure it's delish home made. In fact I'm not sure why I never made it at home before!

Well I tried for the chinese but got told no. We were supposed to be having sausage, chilli, lentil pasta but DH got home late and we don't have time to make it so we're having mini kievs and chips instead. Naughty us!

Not got much planned tonight. Probably watch a few more episodes of 24. We're on series 6.

OK, well it's now 20.30 and I managed to get so ingrosed in sewing that I forgot about food. Am now desperately hungry....

I really fancy chinese, but I'm going to be good, that can be my treat tomorrow night before hubbie comes home. I'm taking the plunge with teh SlimFast.

Oh, and no, I haven't managed to dye my hair yet. That's probably going to have to be tomorrow now! ;)

Home and eating some prawn cocktail crisps watching EE, so am happy now!! :D
Two days down, two more to go, and no updates on the situation.... Have got a pain in my chest tonight, so want that to go asap. :(
xxxxx

Just got a call from my gp - suspicions confirmed - my thyroid is underactive again. Going to see her this afternoon, will get my meds dosage adjusted then.

Hoping today is going to be a bit quieter than the last few days. Leaving at 14:30 to go to our colleague's memorial service. There was no funeral and so our work is putting on a "celebration of life" instead. Then gp at 16:30 and reflexology at 17:30 and then RELAX! :)

Good morning ladies. Had a good start to the day, no arguing from my kids yay lol, but i did wake up feeling sick again, not nice. Not much to do today as i done a load of things round the house yesterday. I do however need to send my sons dsi off to nintendo for repair as hes managed to break it. So off to town. Not such a good thing for me though, anxiety kicks in when i gotta go out. Im so tempted to buy a test when im out, just dont wanna get my hopes up, plus i dont know when to test lol. Hope you all have a good day.

Glad the kids are behaving this morning!
Have you tried using rescue remedy for your anxiety? It might not help but maybe it will - and as it's natural it's not somethign that you can get addicted to or that can hurt in any way.
I reckon you should just do a test - better to know either way that to constantly wonder :)

I love rescue remedy would deffo recommend it.

Hope we are all good today girls...

I just got to work, doing my month end prep but due to being so organised (and quiet) there isnt much of it to do...

xxxx

Hmm... Already completed my morning checks of the systems I look after. Checked everything is good, at present, for the weekend. I'm on call this weekend, so hopefully it'll be quiet, I could really do with the systems NOT falling over this weekend. ;)

Reading Eclipse, again, just as something to do today, to keep me entertained. Tempted to turn the light off, over my desk, and just have the desk lamp on....

Hmmm i havent heard of rescue remedy. Where can i get that from. When i spoke to the dr about it she just said i have to keep an eye on it. They were also waiting on thyroid results which came back normal, they said they were going to start meds if they came back normal, i dont want meds, but if its natural that gotta be worth a try. I want to test just not sure if it be too early cause i dont know when im due, nightmare lol. Hope you have a good day at work, month end prep sounds like something that keeps you busy. I have now got my gorgeous little girl in is bouncer gurgling away lol, its great. I will keep a look out for the rescue remedy while im out, if i get out that is. Thanks ladies.

If your from the UK, boots do it, and alot of supermarkets down the medicine aisle?

I have a full weekend off for a change... it was meant to be a quiet one but it is ending up busy!!

xxx

Shady is that your lil girl there <<

She is a cutie... awrrrrh.

Month end prep did keep me busy but I was sorting out alot of stuff left over from the person who did the job before me bascially he was rubbish at this job. :haha:

xxx

Thanks yeah im from wales, so will be keeping my eyes open today. Yes thats my baby, that was at just over 12 hour old lol. Have a good day all. I am off to et ready and sort the kids out too.

Fortunately because I'm the only one in the department at the moment, I've kept records of everything and there isn't any extra information to add to my records. :( I've even provided the submissions to our software supplier in readiness for the actual end of the month. (I have no intention of changing anything on Tuesday, after the Bank Holiday.)

Oh, and it's cooler than normal, damp and dreary this morning. I think it is actually raining, again!

Rescue Remedy is at most pharmacies around the homeopathic section - i would imagine Boots would also stock it, also around the homeopathic stuff.

I'm feeling a bit low this morning again, think it's cos i don't have loads of work to keep me busy anymore. Just tidied my desk (had so much stuff on it i couldnt' see the desk anymore) and cleaned down all the surfaces so no more dust - hoping the cleanliness will help me feel a bit more cheerful. It usually works a bit.

Shady, do you not know when you're due cos you haven't had a period yet since the birth? If so, when was the birth? There are ladies on the loss support forum that have fallen pregnant 6 weeks after giving birth, without ever having a period.

Its glorious weather here today... blue skys! Not the usual rain, I just love the north... :haha:

Huggles dont feel down... :hugs: Us lot will keep you entertained today, have you thought any more about that other job?

:kiss:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"