NTNP Chat Thread

Oh, re the job application, i decided not to apply, and then this morning my colleague (that i work most closely with - that gave me the add) told me that he'd been chatting to his wife again last night and she told him that they're going to be openign a second practice early next year in a hospital that's 4 minutes drive from where i live! So i'll leave this job app and definitely give it a go next year. I just feel like this one is all wrong - the timing is terrible, the distance from where i live is far worse than where i currently work, and i just don't feel right about it. So going to leave it. But if there's a practice opening 4 minutes from where we live early next year then the timing will be right and the distance will be brilliant and so i'll definitely consider that one - based of course on remuneration and benefits. And the best part? It'll be in the same hospital that my gynae is at so pregnancy check-ups will be super easy :)

Glad you've made the right decision for you, re the job huggles. xx
Very tired this morning, as couldn't sleep properly again last night, only today and tomorow and a day off now though, so chin up.... No AF symptoms yet, which is good although last night I felt like I was getting a UTI, feels abit better today. xxxx

Oooh that will be handy, my gynae is at the hospital closest to our other dealership but now they moved me to sort out this dealership and I am about 15 mins away now.

So thats not to bad really, we used to live 2 mins from the hospital now we live about 5.

I quite fancy a home birth but we will see.

xxx

I'd love a home birth, but I'm not sure if I quite have the confience to go through with it though, I'd be abit worried that anything would go wrong, so I think first at the hospital and discharge asap afterwards. xxxx

My dream was to have a home birth in a birthing pool (water birth) but i decided against it and was going to go for a hospital birth becuase i am epileptic (although currently not on medication) so i was worried that something might go wrong.

Morning ladies...3 hours til I'm off to get Felix!!! Just chilling at home this morning whilst OH works a half day.

Re home birth - I planned to have a home birth in a pool with Felix but it all went a bit wrong towards the end and I had to go in and ended up having an emergency c-section (didn't even get to get in my lovely pool even though ex-hubby had set it all up. The poor man then had to go home at 6am after being up all night and drain it and pack it down leaving me and Fe in hospital!!). I am determined that I will get my home birth this time, even though I know I am likely to be up against some strong opposition re home birth after c-section, but I will fight it. I can't affordan independant midwife, which would be my ideal solution, but I am still determined. I know the risks and know they are minimal. When I was pg with Felix i was the only lady in my antenatal group who was having a home birth, my mdiwife was so supportive of me she use dto hold me up as a shining example to the other ladies and tell them all about my plans and how we were going to do things to try and encourage more of them to do it. Sadly, she was on leave when I went into labour so I wa stuck with one midwife that I had met once and one i had never met which I really think added to the things going wrong as I didn't feel confident with them.

Hope you're all doing well today
xxx

Yeah I would love a water birth, dont think they will let me because of my weight for a home birth so might see if I can have a water birth in hospital.... just have to wait and see I guess.

Maybe I would try and labour as long as possible at home then just nip to the hospital for the last bit? Hmmmm.

xxx

Have any of you researched hypnobirthing? I was going to do it but then everything went wrong a few weeks before my classes started. But i used what i had read about it during my labour and i definitely think it works - i half slept through labour and had no pain meds at all! Am definitely going to do it next time.

What do all your cycles look like? On which CD do you ovulate and how many dpo does AF start? Based on EWM i think i ovulate around CD18 and AF starts about 12dpo, but i'm not sure if that sounds right - am starting to think i must suck it up and buy some opk's one month just to see if i'm right about which day i ov on.

I'm probably going to sound awful for saying this, but I'll be doing whatever the midwife suggests. I want the whole procedure to be as natural (as my pain threshold allows) but if it's suggested that I need to go to hospital, as much as DH will bulk at the idea, I will be going. The important thing will be my health and that of the LO.

It doesn't help that DH has a phobia about hospitals.

I love the idea of hypnobirthing!! :D I never thoughtI'd be into things like that, but I'm really wanting to give it a try!! xxxx

I saw something about hypnobirthing on tele... looked good, its deffo something I will look into when the time comes... if I get there!

My cycles are now between 27 & 29 days... but over the past year they have varied between 11 days and 35 days but finally seemed to of settled.

Last month I ov'd on CD14 and had my period 13 days after.

Month before I ov'd on CD16 and got my period 13 days after.

So I know the O day can change but the days it takes my period to come after ov stays the same... so I know if I ov and then 14/15 days later I have no period I should be pregnant! Woo. :haha:

Hope that makes sense.

xxx

Dragonhawk you don't sound awful at all! That's the beauty of hypnobirthing - it can be done anywhere, even in hospital. It's basically just about staying focused and relaxed and focusing on your breathign etc.

Thanks 4magpies - definitely makes sense! Ok, so maybe my cycle does look a bit normal then :)

I'm so glad I got a persona, I actually know what my body is doing now and it's gonna come in handy with TTC.

I have a 13 day luteal phase which is pretty good but shorter that the average 14 day one, I also ov later than a normal cycle sometimes too.

xxx

I've heard you talk about your persona a lot - what is a persona?

Last month (according to EWM) i ov'd on CD 17 or 18 and then my luteal phase was 11 or 12 days.

This month i ov'd on CD 17 and luteal phase was 13 days.

But of course i've just found out my thryoid is underactive again and i know that affects menstrual cycle so hopefully once my meds are adjusted i should get a more consistent cycle.

NNooooooo :af: stay away AF :af:
(although the day that i got my bfp i had very bad AF pains and i dont' normally get AF pains at all - so there's still hope!)

AF pains could just be bubs settling in...

Huggles: Persona is like a clearblue fertility monitor but cheaper and can be used for contraception, bascially I POAS 8 days a month and it tells me when I ovulate and when to not DTD (red light for fertile) and when to DTD (green light for not fertile) or the opposite when you are TTC if that makes sense?

xxx

Sounds interesting. We don't have clearblue fertility monitors here (i don't think at any rate). Does it tell you which 8 days to poas? Or do you just have to hope to do it on the right day like with opks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->