NTNP Chat Thread

The bread looks really yummy!! :D I love warm bread with cheese, mmmmm!!
Not much planned for today except the food shopping for me, going to make homemade pepperoni pizza and salt and pepper potato wedges for when OH gets home from work, as we usually have it on saturday, but didn't yesterday as he was on a late shift, so today instead. Will probably have to do some cleaning to, YAWN!! xxx

That are lovely, me and oh have thought about getting a bread maker, would love fresh bread every day, you cant get better than that.

Anyone got anything planned today, we are meant to be going over my friends house later, but i just got a feeling its not going to happen. I got a bit more washing to sort out and get the hoover put around, but if my baby boy keeps clinging to me, im not going to be getting much done today lol. Oh sounds like i got 3 boys all in a good mood today too yay lol. Welcome to any new membr i might have missed too.

Ok, this is for 4magpies and Carreg and anyone else who might be interested - decided to do Afrikaans "lessons" every couple of days :)

I'll start with words that tend to creep into my everyday vocabulary so hopefully on days when i'm not paying attention and accidentally use them on the forum, or on days when my brain's not working and i can't think of the english word, you'll understand what i mean.

Snoep: I think this would be translated as frugal, but with a slightly negative connotation. Like I'm too snoep to buy opk's - iow I'm not happy spending money on something i don't really need; I dislike spending large amounts of money, etc. I'm sure there's an english expression but i just can't put my finger on it - like tight purse strings or something. I guess it's almost the opposite of generous - DH is generous and will happily buy his parents this or that or give them money when they ask. I am snoep and will only spend money on them if i absolutely have to.

Sterkte: Direct translation = strength. Usually used to say good luck, but not in every situation. e.g. you wouldn't say sterkte when someone is doing a hpt and hoping for a positive. You would use it more to say "here is some strength to help you through", like at exam time you might say sterkte; 4magpies having to look after her mil's dog and knowing it's going to be tedious, you would say sterkte. After we lost Jarrod, it was common place for people to say sterkte. It's like saying "good luck, i hope you survive" kind of thing. "Here is some strength" to help you through.

Sjoe! : My personal favourite. It is an exclamation. Kind of like Gosh! or Wow! or (in Xhosa/Zulu) Haibo!
Sjoe is pronounce "shoe" with an exclamation mark.
Haibo is pronounced "Hi-boh" with an exclamation mark.

Ok, this is for 4magpies and Carreg and anyone else who might be interested - decided to do Afrikaans "lessons" every couple of days :)

I'll start with words that tend to creep into my everyday vocabulary so hopefully on days when i'm not paying attention and accidentally use them on the forum, or on days when my brain's not working and i can't think of the english word, you'll understand what i mean.

Snoep: I think this would be translated as frugal, but with a slightly negative connotation. Like I'm too snoep to buy opk's - iow I'm not happy spending money on something i don't really need; I dislike spending large amounts of money, etc. I'm sure there's an english expression but i just can't put my finger on it - like tight purse strings or something. I guess it's almost the opposite of generous - DH is generous and will happily buy his parents this or that or give them money when they ask. I am snoep and will only spend money on them if i absolutely have to.

Sterkte: Direct translation = strength. Usually used to say good luck, but not in every situation. e.g. you wouldn't say sterkte when someone is doing a hpt and hoping for a positive. You would use it more to say "here is some strength to help you through", like at exam time you might say sterkte; 4magpies having to look after her mil's dog and knowing it's going to be tedious, you would say sterkte. After we lost Jarrod, it was common place for people to say sterkte. It's like saying "good luck, i hope you survive" kind of thing. "Here is some strength" to help you through.

Sjoe! : My personal favourite. It is an exclamation. Kind of like Gosh! or Wow! or (in Xhosa/Zulu) Haibo!
Sjoe is pronounce "shoe" with an exclamation mark.
Haibo is pronounced "Hi-boh" with an exclamation mark.

I like that, hey you could put up some more and not have to worry too much about what your writing then. With your first word, i just use the word tight lol, or not wasting money on. Have let my 2 older boys play on the x box today, im kinda wondering why cause they wont stop arguing at the mo, nightmare lol. My dog made of laugh last night, she was in the kitchen with me, running around my feet, she turned around to run out the kitchen and went straight into my cupboard lol, she looked at me is if to say, where did that come from, what was that for lol, bless her. I got a bit of a lay in this morning only till 7.30, but was nice as it was quite quiet im the house for a change lol.

I really should get the clothes folded and put away, but i really cant be bothere now, got no motivation at all. Anyone fancy doing it for me lol.

Oh i got a text off my friend earlier, knew it was going to be about going over to hers today, she said we couldnt go over cause she changed her plans on what they are doing, which i am not too worried about, shes going to a wedding, so im pleased that she changed her mind and is going to the reception too. Its her bil getting married. So now i got plenty of time to plan and sort our tea out later now. Might have pie mash and veg i think.

My dog made of laugh last night, she was in the kitchen with me, running around my feet, she turned around to run out the kitchen and went straight into my cupboard lol, she looked at me is if to say, where did that come from, what was that for lol, bless her. I got a bit of a lay in this morning only till 7.30, but was nice as it was quite quiet im the house for a change lol.

I really should get the clothes folded and put away, but i really cant be bothere now, got no motivation at all. Anyone fancy doing it for me lol.

[/QUOTE]

LoL I can just picture the look on your dog's face! :haha:

All my clothes are hanging on the line - got to bring them in, fold them and pack them away later as well.

Ah it was funny bless her, but she didnt do it again in a hurry. I hate doing the washing and folding up lol, i would rather do ironing all day. But its gotta be done. Just so boring. Ah well.

Oh I hate ironing, so i just don't do it! LoL - I wash, hang up to dry, fold and pack away.

Weekly food shop done, phew!! Still got bad chest pains so have surrounded myself with everything I will need 'til OH gets home and am now eating some prawn cocktail crisps, under the duvet on the sofa, yummy!! :D
I love all the translations, I want to be able to use them now!! xx

Well done on the food shop! Have you had chest pains before with your illnesses? Sounds so nice and cosy under the duvet :)

Dishes washed - check (before the next lot got dirtied at least)
Kitchen and dining room tidied - check
Plants watered - check
Clothes washed - check
Clothes dried on line - check
Clothes packed away - check
Scones in the oven - check
Hubby home - check

Aaah, now it's time to relax...:D

Nooo, started the day before my BFP, I did google and apparently it's normal(ish)....
Well done on all the jobs Huggles, I need to do some, but I think I will save it for tomorrow now!! :p xxx

Hahahaha!! Thank you 4magpies!! :D xxx

Have had a fairly good day today. Got a few loads of washing done, folded and put away, kids all got fed and watered lol, was very suprised at ds3 as he ate all his tea tonight, they were all tucked up in bed by 8 too. My prick of a partner decided to have a right go at me tonight cause of putting my old best friends phone number in the house phone, so i completely ignored him for a while, tried telling me he had every right to go off on one at me. All washing up is done for the day, bottles are sorted, have had a shower and nearly ready to go to bed. Keep thinking there is something i am supposed to be doing, but cant think what, lol. Hope everyone has had a good day today.

Hello everyone. I just enjoyed a fantasitic weekend camping with my DH, 3 lovely children, mom, step dad, brother and sister! :)

My children behaved pretty well... (not including my oldest throwing a major tantrum yesterday).

I fought with myself all weekend deciding whether or not to tell my mom that we are NTNP/TTC, but couldn't do it. I think I need a bit more time for it to sink in to myself that we have actually made this decision.

Right now I am listening to my littlest guy scream and cry because he doesn't want to have a nap, and am thinking to myself "Self, are you really, Really, REALLY sure you want to have another baby?" And then the moment passes, and of course, the tantrums, crying and defiance moments are few and far between, and I can't wait to get that BFP, have my belly grow larger every day, and have another little one in my life.

Well, that's my little rant/thoughts for right now.

Can't wait to get to know you all more! Thanks for reading.

Hmmmm, cheese scones and rooibos tea - now that's what i call a nice way to start the work week :)

Morning!! :D
Sounds like a fab way to start the week to me, yum!!

Off to meet my Nan and Grandad today for lunch so I can tell them about the baby, which will be nice. OH and I wrote a list of names we both like last night to compare, and here they are.... Mine were Joshua, Samuel, Joel, Callum, Owen and Harry for boys, and Olivia, Isobel, Grace, Abigail, Niamh and Megan for girls. Hubbys were Samuel, Joshua and Ryan for boys and Grace, Rachel and Holly for girls.

I so want to get excited, but I know it is such early days that I should remain cautious. xx

Good morning everyone. Had a very good start to the day, boys are playing nicely and i found a cool program, its called cake boss, omg the cakes are stunning. Wish i could bake like that. Have done some washing and got it on the line, got another load in then just one more after that and im done i hope lol. Got a bit of cleaning i need to get done today, not sure it will get done but hey thats normal im my house, so much going on al posts gets forgotten about. Hope you all have a lovely day today.

24/7 it's so difficult not to get excited - even when you know you shouldn't yet. Just enjoy it and pooey to all the "should and shouldn'ts"! :D

Seems like you both agree on Joshua, Samuel and Grace! Hope your nan's doing better - I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear your good news.

Glad your day started well Shady - hope it keeps going well :flower:

It really is so hard!! :p I love Sam the most for a boy, but I'm not overly keen on Grace, I really want Olivia, but would compromise as somewhere we will have to!! :D
Hows work today? xxx

I also love the name Olivia but DH doesn't like it as he knew someone with that name and didn't like her or something like that.

Work is ok today - busy doing invoices. Not really in the mood though. Should have done them on Friday cos they should have been posted today but i didn't feel like it then either so i didn't :blush: But now i have to knuckle down and do that. Have just finished them but still need to do the renewal letters to go with them.

Lunch time in 35 minutes - going to nip off to Clicks (like Boots) to do that bit of my monthly shopping and then going to stop at Checkers (like Sainsburies/tesco) on the way home for the food. Might pop in at Fruit & Veg (market) too but will probably be too lazy for that.

Booked a hair appointment for tomorrow after work to get my hair cut - it's driving me crazy hanging in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->