NTNP Chat Thread

Morning girls hope we are all good...

I have loads of girls names but can never think of any boys... :haha:

Do you have a fringe huggles? I cut my own cause it does my head in, trying to grow my bob out at the moment, put my hair extensions in last night and it reminded me how much I miss long hair!

xxx

Ooooh, what girls names do you like? I need inspiration!! :p If OH liked Olivia it would all be decided, but he doesn't and I'm not sure he will change his mind either!! :(

I really need to get my haircut too, but I hate going to the hairdressers, so always put if off!!

Have fund shopping Huggles. xxx

I am a bit funny about sharing them but last time I did someone laughed so they cant be that good... I like unusual ones...

Seeing as its only you lot...

*poof*

:haha:

xxx

I really like Ava, but OH says no. :( I like Liberty too, but I know already OH will say no!! He wants Rachel, which I like, but just don't see my daughter being called that.... I love Jensen too, but I'm Jen, so that out, and I love Seb too!! :D xxxx

I have a kind of fringe, not a real fringe though - sorry that's doesnt' entirely make sense LoL. When the hairdresser cut it originally he said ok, there, i gave you bangs - not quite a fringe but something anyway :dohh: like what does that mean! But it hangs really strangely and is starting to grow out and just doesn't work. if i'm feeling brave enough to post a pic of my face later i'll do that - then you can see. Will have to see if i want to or not though - and i'll probably delete it shortly after posting it LoL - i'm a bit weird like that!

I only have one main girl's name that i've always liked, but don't want to share it cos i'm always scared someone steals it LoL. We really struggle with middle names though - first names seem to be ok most of the time.

Just PM it to me and 24/7 if you like?

I have a full thick fringe, well you will have seen it on my journal.

xxx

Afrikaans Lesson 2:

Lus: (pronounced Liss)
In the mood for
e.g. I'm lus for chocolate = I feel like chocolate
I have lots of work to do but i'm just not lus = I'm not in the mood to do my work.

And that's how i'm feeling now - I did the invoices and renewal letters this morning. So i thought Yay, finished my work. But now i remember i still haven't finished that blasted Access query. I really should do it but i'm just not lus.

Went to Clicks at lunchtime and did all the toiletry shopping. Now i need to try and think what on earth to buy at Checkers on my way home. We have virtually no food in the house so i really need to buy stuff but i'm just not sure what becuase i just don't know what i feel like cooking or eating.

OOoooh, another nice Afrikaans word - Gatvol!
(the G is gutteral - I guess a bit like the welsh double L) - pronounced: gut-fohl

Hee hee - means "fed up" but in slightly less than savoury language (i guess a bit like "pee'd off")
e.g. She totally annoyed me and now I'm gatvol! :D

Hey, is it possible to attach sound clips to these posts? Maybe I should record the pronunciation of these words :D

Ok, just decided that since i'm going shopping after work and will therefore get home late and tired, we're having takeout - Steers Burgers and chips :D

LoL - just got this via e-mail :rofl:

Love him or hate him , he sure hits the nail on the head with this!
Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1 : Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world doesn't care about your
self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5 : Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6 : If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault , so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7 : Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8 : Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9 : Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10 : Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11 : Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

If you can read this -Thank a teacher!

I would do a video clip for you words or maybe you can upload a round clip, i know you can do video, a few people have uploaded video bliss on here. Love that last work, pretty cool. My dad came up earlier and took the older 2 boys out, they will be home at bed time now, have got some more washing done and on the line, just gotta get that im and fold everything up and away then. Not much left to do today, just gotta cook tea, do the washing up and bottles, then im done, might get a very early night tonight, im so tired i could fall asleep now lol, shame i cant have a quick nap, ah well i look forward to my bed later lol.

I know this isn't really the right place to post it, but I like it here best, but tonight I just can't stop crying, and OH isn't in from work until the morning. :cry: But I'm just so scared about everything; being pregnant, giving birth, getting everything right, how mine and OH relationship might change, actually loving the baby once it arrives, and I just want to run away and hide. :cry:

Big hugs 24/7. I guess nothing can prepare you for having a child, can it... Several of my friends have said this since having a child - you can do all the reading in the world, buy everything you need, talk to everyone etc. but none of it makes a difference when you're suddenly faced with this little person who is totally dependent on you.

Thing is though, SO many people do it all the time, and seem to get through it all ok. As long as you and your hubby keep talking I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Besides, you're growing a brand new little person, who is half you and half your hubby. How cool is that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->