NTNP Chat Thread

Bugger, just remembered i still haven't finished that Access query - gonna really have to knuckle down and do it this afternoon - totally not lus for it though!

:brat: I WANNA GO HOOOOME!!!!! (*sniff* - don't want to be at work today *sniff*) :brat:

Erk, sounds like you're having a bad time today :( I am still waiting for them to finish finalising this finance rubbish so I can actually get this bid out. They sent it to me once and I printed it & burnt the CD and then they said they wanted to change it...and now I am waiting again...it's going to be too late in a minute!

I vote we both go on strike, Huggles!

Maybe you should take the afternoon off if you can?

xxx

Yep he stuck to it huggles!!

Got my O on my persona this morning too so was good timing!!

xxx

Can't take the afternoon off Carreg - wish i could.
Just had our monthly meeting - except i think we skipped the last two - was really long cos of everything that has happened recently. Seems there's lots of changes underway. Also seems our bonus is going to be significantly smaller next year and that generally the financial situation is not looking as good as it was. Not really sure how secure the possibility of me becoming permanent here next year is anymore. Also starting to wonder whether i really want to stay. That possible new job in the hospital close to where i live is looking more and more appealing as the day progresses. Guess i'll just have to stick out this year though.

Finally got the bid out the door...just over half an hour late. Grrr.

Maybe apply for the other job as back up? We had a big reshuffle here not so long ago, when they lumped us in with Marketing, and it looked like we might all get the chop but we've managed to hang in there so far but don't know how permanent that is.

Almost lunchtime here. Feeling sick and dizzy though so don't fancy much to eat. My organic veggie box arrived yesterday though so I'm looking forward to my dinner - stuffed pattypan squash with spicy couscous and raisins on the side. Mmmm. This time the box had pattypan squash, carrots, beetroot, mushrooms, a whole lettuce, french beans, brocolli and corn on the cobs. Mmmmmm.

xxx

I won't apply for the job that i got the ad for as it is just too far away, but i was told that there's a probability of them starting a second practice in the hospital close to my house early next year so i want to apply for that, but the ad hasn't been placed yet so will have to wait - that's why i must just stick out this year.

We're having salad for lunch today - using our homegrown lettuce! :D

Yay for homegrown salad!! Bet it's gonna be yummy :)

xxx

Thai noodles sounds nice :)

Bit disappointed with the salad - put too much salad dressing on so all i could taste was the dressing and not the different flavours of the ingredients (which included feta, lettuce, olives, avo, etc etc) :( Not having a good day, wish i could just fast forward and wake up tomorrow and start again...

Going for a haircut after work today - hoping that turns out good and not bad. Then gonna quickly pop into the shop for honey, milk and chicken which i forgot to buy yesterday, buy my cat's food, and then go home and make supper - rice mate - was looking for a link to show you but i can't find it. I think it was chicken tikka rice mate but i'm not sure as that doesn't seem to exist on google so i must have gotten it wrong. HAven't made it before so not sure how it tastes but DH seemed keen on it when he saw it in the shop the other day. hope it's nice.

Mmm your salad sounds great! Thai noodles sound tasty too!

What is rice mate? Haven't heard of that! Good luck with haircut, mine is on Monday and can't come quick enough, my hair is starting to get too long and unruly!

Oooh Huggles, tell me about your cat? We have a cat too, a tortoiseshell domestic shorthair called Tallulah. We got her from our vet. When our previous cat, Demelza the roly-poly fat old lady, was in there being hospitalised for her acute kidney failure (she was put to sleep after 2 days as she didn't get any better and her kidneys just kept deteriorating) Tallulah was also there; she was a stray that a man had been feeding outside his office in London and he had left the job and brought her out with him although he couldn't keep her so she was being looked after at the vet untila home was found. I had been talking to her through her cage bars as she was so frantic for attention, she was pinging the bars and yelling! At the time the vet thought that one of the nurses was going to have her and we were distraught over losing Demelza so we thought not much of it, then a couple of weeks later we got a letter from the vet saying that Tallulah was still homeless and as we had clicked with her and they knew we were great owners would we like to take her. Of course we said yes, we had realized how much we missed having a cat around and she needed us. That was December last year and it's like she has always been with us! I love my fur-girl, even if she does take a bit too much interest in my ratties and wake me up every day at 5am demanding breakfast!!

xxx

Magpies - what do you have in your fridge/freezer/cupboards? Maybe we can make suggestions!
xxx

Not much to be honest, tuna, eggs, cheese, pasta, beans, tinned tomatos, burgers.

Other bits and bobs.

xxx

Do you know what Mince Mate is? By Knorr? It's like that. You buy a box and inside the box is rice/pasta and flavourings etc and then you just add chicken/mince and add all the stuff in the box into the pan and add some water and cook a bit and Voila!

We have 2 cats - Grissom and Milo. They are both rescue cats from Animal Anti-Cruelty League (similar to SPCA). We got Grissom first at 6 weeks old (we thought he was 10 weeks when we got him but later discovered he was a month younger than we thought). He had alreayd been there a while so was obviously taken away from his mother far too early. He is my baby. Milo we got about 2 months later when he was 5 months old. He was only handed in there on the monday and we took him on the saturday so he didn't spend long there. He is a very relaxed cat whereas Grissom is very highly strung and nervous. I"ll attach a pic below. We got them both at the beginning of last year so they are about 1 1/2 years old now. I buy a 15kg bag of cat crumbles and that lasts about 3 months - works out much cheaper than buying in smaller quantities.

Attachments

• Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3
Ooooh, change of plan, DH has just offered to pick up chinese take away for supper - of course i said yes! :D

Nope, not heard of Mince Mate either! What you desribe sound similar to the meal kits I have seen in the supermarket here? They seem to come with tortillas or wraps or something and spices and flavourings and you add meat I think. I hope it turns out well and tastes good though!

Awwwww look at your cats, they are so cute! I just want to give them both a big snuggle! This is Tallulah:

Attachments

• tallulah5.jpg
    tallulah5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • sillytallulah.jpg
    sillytallulah.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 3
That sounds lovely Carreg...

Cute cats huggles... I had one like that!! He was called teg I got him for my 21st, he got run over and passed away before he even turned one though sadly... :(

I have 3 cats at my mums and a dog at my house.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->