nursery theme?

T

tinytoes

What theme do you have planned?

I'm going for a farm yard theme. And I hope to paint (by hand..cripes!) a big cow and horse on the wall....should be a laugh! then i've got some animal stickers for animals that are further away in my farm yard theme...

whats the betting my cows look crap and I have a tantrum!!!

I want to go for a Winnie the Pooh theme i'm such a huge disney fan.

We're in a rented house so we cant have a theme really. There is a room decorated as a nursery, but we're moving out when Seth is 2 months old so we thought itd be a bit pointless. Im gutted haha

xxx

We are doing Winnie the Pooh as well. DH loves the characters and I think it's cute. My niece picked up the bedding for me in the states yesterday! Can't wait for her to send it to me.

im doing jungle theme... i think lol.
im doing a mural round the nursery, ive seen some i can copy on the net. bout time i put my GCSE art into practise. thinkin of doing scenes from jungle book.
saying all this i will have to wait till we find a house with a nursery in it lmao

With Willow I was still living with my mum and dad and so she shared my room.
When the twins were born we did a Winnie and friends nursery for them, but then outgrew the house =(

Since then for the first 8-12 months the baby has been in our room with us and so no nursery as such.
But we had loads of fun doing the kids bedrooms in this house.
We've done Disney Princesses, Butterflies, Aristocats, Disney Cars and Transformers.

I had a friend who did a barnyard them. She replaced the door with an old fashioned wooden screen door - it was quite fabulous. And actually she really liked the door 'cause she could check in on him without opening the door.

We are not going to do a nursery as we're leasing this place. I think we're going to put the crib in our room at first until the baby sleeps through the night as the house is so big I don't think I would ever hear it cry otherwise - lol.

I will be painting the nursery like this (I Love My Bear) until he is sleeping in there later on and will be doing Jungle theme :)

I did not set out with a theme. I could not bring my self to do a cutsie baby room, it is just not DH and I. So I went for colors and funky fabrics. It is turning out to have a bit of a bird and tree theme.

One tip on doing a mural. Find a photo or outline you like on line. Print it off. Trace over it in one inch squares. Then you can take each square and translate it to the wall in one foot squares. It helps keep it a bit neater. Or you could see if you can rent an overhead projector.
https://www.ehow.com/how_17473_paint-wall-mural.html

I've chosen a teddy bear theme similar to I Love My Bear... couldn't afford i love my bear so bought a cheaper version from Wilkos!

xx

We painted some green stripes on the wall and we'll have the zanzibar bedding. This is what we've done so far https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/jessyca_lang/DSC02684.jpg
The damn furniture hasn't gotten delivered yet! I'm so anxious to get it so we can finish the room!

We have a hodge-podge theme. I've picked out a butterfly border, we have a patchwork quilt set and a fireman quilt set, a winnie the pooh nightlight, a bunny mobile, fireman boppy cover and some blankets, a bunch of my old stuffed animals. It's not really one 'theme', but a whole mess of them that we somehow are getting to work together!

I've brought the pink Eeyore set from Argos. Can't wait to get started on it now. xXx
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...cip=1500012068.Clearance+baby+and+nursery.htm

We are planning on painting the room either a light blue and brown or light yellow and brown (depends on which bedding we get). We are going to go with either stripes or circles. I thought about doing Dr. Suess but haven't found much stuff for that kind of a theme so we are keeping it simple. I would post the bedding I have in mind but don't know how to do it. :dohh:

LOVE the stripes Miss Jess. I have horizontal stripes in a simular color in my bathroom, and I love them!!

so impressed...you are all so adventerous...we are going for baby white all over then getting either butterfly or star adhesives after the birth when we know the sex.

When I foind out the sex I'll paint the nursery.It will be either pink or blue.I'm traditional...

I originally wanted to go with a Winnie the Pooh theme. It's bright and colourful. All the characters are friendly. It's just the perfect theme in my opinion. This dream came to a crashing halt when I started looking for blankets etc. Anything that carries the Disney label is double the price unless you're lucky and find a sale.

The main reason why I decided on Winnie the Pooh was because I have this absolutely adorable picture of Eeyore that I wanted to copy onto the wall (BEEEEEG). I have everything figured out for how I'm going to do it properly.

Now I don't know if I'll go with a theme. I still want my Eeyore!! But I think I may just leave it at that and make the rest more of a colour than a theme. I already have blankets with other animals on so I may even go with animals... Eeyore would fit in there I think. DH says I should make the walls a Winnie the Pooh theme. But my word.. Eeyore is going to take long enough LOL I doubt I'll get any others completed in time.

But whatever theme I decide to go with there'll be one rule and one rule only. Not one SINGLE purple dinosaur will be found in there!

We also live in a rented flat where all the walls are painted cream so we can't really change it & we plan to move soon, just don't know when. I was thinking if I could find some wall stickers which can peel off I might get some of them though.

We went with the toysrus "i love my bear" range - bought the cot, bedding, curtains and wall border. Put it all together last weekend and quite happy with the outcome - just need a little person to put in it now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->