OB moved my appointment up

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I had to call the office on Friday. I'm suffering from extreme exhaustion and extreme thirst. I was 2 hours late to work on Friday because I physically could not get out of bed. My body just wouldn't move. The fatigue is worse than it was in the first trimester. I'm drinking at least 10 glasses of water every day and STILL thirsty and starting to get crap from work walking away from my station so often to have a drink rather than wait for my breaks. Waiting for those, I'm parched and dying of thirst.

I'm thinking either thyroid or iron, possibly gestational diabetes, so my OB told the secretary to bring me in tomorrow morning rather than wait for the 23rd.

After what happened with my son's birth, I'm glad she's so on top of things and not taking any chances. I'll probably be sent for testing tomorrow for all three, cuz I just can't keep living like this and probably am on the verge of being fired if the fatigue keeps up.

Hopefully they're able to get it all sorted cause that doesn't sound all too pleasant. In the mean time are you able to have a big water bottle with you at work so you won't get in trouble for leaving too often?

I've got a 1.5 litre bottle, but can't keep it beside me, just in the break room. I try only to sneak away when it's not busy and there's no customers in the store, but sometimes, there's no break, or it'll be empty and just as I walk away, someone comes in.

I talked to my manager today and told her I'd be going for testing this week, so at least if I do have it, then we can start treating and getting it under control.

Something like this has happened to me as of late too.... MW said if all you are literally drinking is water you can actually dehydrate yourself because you are flushing all of the good stuff from your system. Maybe that could be some of it? Maybe chick a juice in there somewhere?
It's a god awful feeling :( I hope you feel better soon!

Wow, didn't know that. I used to have an iced Capp or smoothie in there once a day, but been focusing more on water. Thanks for the info!

I've also heard that it's good to add some liquids that contain salt/electrolytes as this helps with dehydration and just drinking water doesn't always do the job. What I do when I'm really thirsty is add a bit of powerade (full strength is too sugary for me!) or a dash of juice to my water. Good luck at your appointment and I hope you can get it under control :)

Well, my fundal height was at 21cm, so three weeks ahead of where I should be, but OB says two weeks. She has me dated by my LMP rather than insemination dates. Don't mind gaining a few days. She's ordered bloodwork to look at my thyroid and iron, and also ordered a random glucose draw and if that is abnormal, she'll order the 1 hour test early, otherwise, I'll wait til 28 weeks. Should have the results by Wednesday.

Anatomy ultrasound next week!

your work should be more accomodating, especially if your OB writes a note to the effect of you needing to keep hydrated. Pregnancy, and health related symptoms, are something they CANNOT fire you for - at least not here in the states - as it's considered discrimination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->