• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Octo-Bumps!

Well midwife is now 2 hours late grrrr.

Its Laura hun or lou as people call me :D

2 hours late?? grrr! as if you werent nervous enough lol! hope she turns up soon xxx

Just got in touch they had forgotten me !!!

Coming at 1 oclock took all the shine of it though :(

Congrats again on your scan Kelly, so pleased for you!

Hope your midwife appointment goes/went well Laura, what a pain them forgetting about you! Doesn't surprise me there all usually so overworked these days!

I'm Charlie by the way everyone, good idea Immi! Oh and on the carrier front I could defo be converted to using one I think, nearly got one of the ones you recommend at one point as Bella went through an awful stage at one point of hating being in her pram and it was torture, couldn't get any shopping down, she just screamed constantly unless I was holding her!

Well i'm back from my scan...and WE HAVE A BABY......AND A HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can't believe it! Seems our prayers were answered and whatever Mon's random heavy bleed was about, little bubs was none the wiser and was happy in his/her little sac beaming away at us!

Thought it was all over and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife this morning, we were both so nervous! In the scan room all the mags we picked up seemed to be dated Nov '09 which is when we were there last time with bad news so though that was our first bad omen, then our sonographer was the same 'cold' one that we had who gave us false hope at the beginning then confirmed our mc, so we thought deja vu, here we go again!

I had emptied my bladder as figured they wouldn't see anything and would have to do an internal so was in shock when little bubs came up straightaway on the normal ultrasound! The HB was perfect beating away and the CRL was 15.1 which actually ties in with my LMP, rather than ov date which is what I was going on so need to change my ticker as i'm actually 7w 6d!!! Due date is now 8 October

We are still in shock, kept beaming at each other like cheshire cats and kept saying to her are you sure, are you sure!!! Could make out the little face and everything was really clear! Managed to get a pic but its a bit fuzzy but hopefully you can see too.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me sane this week, its been a long 4 days!

So here goes:-

https://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af27/charlieg8173/IMG_1737.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Woop COngrats hunny :D

Midwife just left and she was really nice so all fingers crossed for my scan now :D

Thanks hun, glad it went well. Good luck for tomorrow! xxx

Yeahy Charlie - really happy for you!!
Now I've gotta learn all your real names - pregnancy brain has already kicked in lol!!

Called ultrasound dept today as got my Nuchal Scan date, needed to change it as OH can't come the day they gave me. The receptionist was a little hitler!!!! They are so mean. She ignored me for about 5 mins when I was standing at the desk. Then was really arsey with me saying that if we do it on the day I requested my dates might be wrong and the baby too small, then they would have to book me again and they are already busy enough!! She also made a note about something I couldn't see on the computer - probably an arsey note saying I'd requested this and if my dates are wrong it is my fault!!! I'm sorry but I want OH to come with me, he didn't come to the early scan as I didn't tell him incase it was bad news. So what if they have to rescan me, selfish I know, but they should offer evening appointments then shouldn't they!!!!
No wondering if I should have just kept the original app and gone with a friend??

Ok rant over!

Still feeling pretty pukey, but had this weird abdo ache for a few days, am hoping that it is just due to all the crap I'm eating and not a bad sign. Keep worrying about MMC. Need to stop and stay positive!!

I love the idea of a sling rather than a pram etc. My friend bought a baby bjorn, but I would have got a sling instead, they are so much more natural. It is exciting talking about all this stuff and BF - you can count me in on that one too!! Although i'm still pretty reserved and not thinking past 12 week scan yet. Each day is a bonus.

So just to recap, tell me if I've got these wrong;
im_mi = Immi
Beaniebaby = Charlie
Lawa = Lou
Babytots = Leigh
Wanabamummy = Kelly

Lou - hope the midwife was nice after she finally turned up!!

Amy x

Hiya Amy hun (Waves)

She was lovely just got heartburn again now :roll:

So nervous about my scan tomorrow at 11.00 I am hoping we see a HB but am aware you may not see it untill 7 weeks :(

I have said if everything is fine tomorrow I may go and buy myself a maternity dress for work @

Aw amy, im sorry about the mean reception bitch :( some of these people can be so horrible, its like they dont realise what an emotional journey this can be.

Charlie i am SO happy for you!!! i knew everything would be okay!! :cloud9: what a gorgeous picture, too! eeep! :happydance:

Laura thats great that your midwife appt. went well! what time is your scan tomorrow? edit: oops we posted at the same time! will be anxiously awaiting your update tomorrow :hugs:

:cloud9:
Hiya, I'm back from my scan - it was amazing. Saw the heartbeat flickering away. They said everything was fine & I'm soooo happy!

Rosie btw

My mw appoint is tom so can't wait!!!!!
:cloud9:

Rosie thats brill!

Im Im god knows how I am going to make it till tomorrow!

Hey Laura, I'm sure you'll see a HB tomo, when I had my scan I was 6 weeks and saw a tiny strong HB. Good luck x

Rosie thats great news - really happy for you! x

Cheers hun after my BO I am just dreading going and their being nothing their!!

Ah so sorry to hear they were so rude to you about your scan Amy that's awful. Stick to ya guns, your 12 week scan is too good for your OH to miss!

Congrats on your scan today Rosie, so happy for you! :happydance: I am still on :cloud9: from mine too!!!

Good luck with yours tomorrow Laura, am sure you'll see a HB, Kelly saw one at her scan yesterday and she was 5+5 I think.

I forgot to say earlier I have now also booked my MW appointment for 16 March and have my 12 wk scan on 1 April. All feels so much more real now!!!

xxx

Thanks guys! I'm still grinning from ear to ear. I can't believe I saw my baby & that little heart beat going strong! We sat up all night chatting about it last night. It's such a miracle. Wow!!!!! :cloud9:

I told some of my colleagues at work - well showed them to pic & they were mega excited too!

I hope your's goes well today Laura (hope I got the name right as I've lost the thread & who was having a scan today so using my memory which isn't the best today - pregnancy brain! sorry if I got the wrong name!)

I just have to keep it together until this aft for my mw appointment!:cloud9:

Oh, btw I had to have an internal scan (gross but def worth it) & they measured me 8w 2days (yesterday) exactly what my dates are!!!! crazy or what! Baby measured 19 mm - so cute

HUn I feel sick lol it is Laura ys ;D

I am used to internals now! God still two and a half hours to go :(

Rosie OH and I were the same last night, just couldn't stop talking about it! It was such a good day.

Good luck Laura you'll be fine, can't wait to hear your update.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->