• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Octo-Bumps!

Good luck babytots. Hope everything goes ok for you.

I am wondering whether gp will give me scan cos I only had one loss. If he doesn't I think I will prob pay for one!!

I only had one loss too hun and i'll be well annoyed if I can't get one. I am just going to say that I am constantly anxious something is wrong and I don't think I can wait til 12 wks if there's a chance i'm told the baby has died again as my body didn't spontaneously miscarry last time. I will say that stress isn't good for the baby and so the more I stress the more I worry etc. etc. How could they say no to that? Here's hoping!

xxx

GOOD LUCK Babytots!!!!!!
Let us know asap that everything is ok X

Good luck leigh!! I cant believe all of the aggravation you have had just to book a fecking scan, i mean ffs as if you werent stressed out enough about the whole thing!! cant wait to hear your super positive update when you get back from the EPU :)

starsunshine, thats great about the scan date! it sucks that you have to wait 2 weeks but like you said youll definitely see more by then, itll look much more like a baby and less like a peanut haha :)

I still havent had my scan date :( :( :( i phoned the doc this morning to speak to my doc's secretary but she was busy so i was told to call back later. ARGH! however i do feel exceedingly pregnant, my hormones are just.... insane, and i feel sick all of the time now, so i dont mind waiting a bit longer for my scan if needs be. its reassuring, if not completely annoying lol.

I Am Livid when did you find out about your scan? I'm still waiting to hear about mine!

I found out I´m pregnant on Sunday, and on Monday - yesterday - I made an appointment with my radiologist for a scan. The scan predicted 4th October.

Congrats on your BFP I am Livid!

Sorry to hear you're still being messed about over your scan im_mi, hope you get your date soon but lovely and reassuring you're feeling so pants if that makes sense! Sounds funny putting it that way but you know what I mean!

xxx

Congrats I Am LIVID, I hope you get your scan sorted soon im-mi - what are they waiting for? DOn't they know how anxious we are?
I had one mc in december & was offered an early scan after that for reassurance so go for it - ask away, they will give them.
Any news yet babytots?

GRRRR i have phoned the bloody doctors twice more today and it just rings and rings and rings..... i swear to god, this takes the f%^$ing piss!! It took me over a week to get an appointment after my second miscarriage simply because no one ever answers the bloody phone!

*breathes*

soooo leigh?? how did it go??

I am scared now got my BFP on sunday. Went to the docters yesterday who wer very good and reffered me to the Hos and got a widwife appointment next week.

But this afternoon been having lots of little cramps in tummy which I know are probably stretching pains but makes me panic all the same!

Hi Lawa -You have a widwife - wow are they like a super midwife - lol!!
Try not to worry about your pains - easier said than done I know!!
As long as there's no bleeding I'd say it's stretching pains.
Fingers crossed and lots of sticky dust your way

im_mi - how bl**dy frustrating!! you'd think that the phone constantly ringing would annoy them enough to pick up!!
Can your GP not fax them a referral??
Hope by now you've got through!!

Babytots - hope everything is ok x

Amy x

Hi ladies so sorry not been on sooner was going to update yesterday but was so busy just didn't get chance.

Anyways scan went well got put back which I was expecting. Sac measured 5 weeks and saw the yolk sac too but too early to see baby just yet. Go back in 2 weeks for next scan.Glad all is looking well so far and baby is in right place but gutted it was too early to see baby or a heartbeat. Just hope next 2 weeks will fly by.

im_mi have you managed to speak to your doctor yet?

Lawa congratulations on your pregnancy try not worry about the pains you are getting I had lots when I first found out I was pregnant and they have since died down now.

Hope everyone is well. x

Hi ladies so sorry not been on sooner was going to update yesterday but was so busy just didn't get chance.

Anyways scan went well got put back which I was expecting. Sac measured 5 weeks and saw the yolk sac too but too early to see baby just yet. Go back in 2 weeks for next scan.Glad all is looking well so far and baby is in right place but gutted it was too early to see baby or a heartbeat. Just hope next 2 weeks will fly by.

x

Congrats on your scan Babytots. A shame you didn't get to see the baby but nice it now means you get another scan in a couple of weeks as you can see so much more at 7 wks and you'll hopefully get a nice pic to take away with you too. xxx

thats great news leigh, im so glad that everything is as it should be :)

well i finally got some news about my scan. i have been calling and calling the GP surgery for 3 effing days and got nowhere and i suddenly realised i still have the number for the maternity unit on my phone. so i called up and explained the situation to a really lovely midwife and she confirmed that they never recieved my fucking referral letter. what a joke!!! im sorry for the language im just so furious, this whole time ive been stressing and the doctors couldnt even be bothered to send them the effing letter!! I asked what i should do, and she said she would arrange for my midwife, beth, to phone me tomorrow daytime and talk about where to go from here. she also apologised and i said she had nothing to apologise for, its the doctors that were in the wrong! This happened when i was pregnant the first time too. It seems that sending a letter is just too hard.

i feel sooooooo crap today, got work tonight and i am absolutely dreading it. The smell of the food there last night was enough to make me want to vomit :laugh2: MS hasnt been too bad today so fingers crossed ill be able to get through the night without feeling like i want to die :haha:

how is everyone?

Hi girls,
Good news about your scan Babytots!!

So, I think I'm getting MS, feel kinda queesey in the mornings - wake up starving but when I eat I feel :sick:

Hoping this is a good sign?

But.....also been having funny dragging like pain in my lower abdo. Not cramps like when I had MC, but definitely a funny pain/sensation there.

Has anyone else had this??

Really hoping it is not the beginning of the end......

Amy x

Yay for all the morning sickness, I think mine's starting to kick in finally too as getting lots of waves of nausea and especially feel bad when I need to eat. Have been getting quite a few more cramps low down and also a stitch like pain occasionally on my side. Sure its probs fine but will mention it to the doc tomorrow as I have my first appointment in the morning.

Hey BeanieBaby - good luck tomorrow with your app. Is it your GP app to refer to Midwife??
Am trying not to worry about the abdo pains, have no bleeding so hoping that is a good thing!
Where in Surrey are you? I'm near Guildford!
Amy x

Hi Amy

The appointment is just a check in appointment with the doc and then I think I will need to book the midwife myself as they told me that last time. They say to book yourself an hr long appointment at 10 wks so some time to go yet. However, am also am hoping to get referred by doc for a reassurance scan after recent miscarriage as getting a bit nervous as this week is when it all started to go wrong last time I think, even though mc wasn't confirmed until 9 wks. Am feeling a bit more positive this time though, had a real gut instinct something was wrong last time but feel differently this time. What's your story?

No way, I used to live and work in Guildford but moved to Haslemere (in case you don't know it its about 25 mins South on the A3 from Guildford) about 8 yrs ago. So I guess you'll be going to the Royal Surrey will you as that's where I had my daughter!

xxx

Ah just seen your ticker babe, I see you mc'd month after me. Really sorry for your loss. Really hope this is it for all us girls on this forum. xxx

Morning!!
I used to work at Stricklands Dental Practice in Haslemere - about 12 years ago!!!! Small world!

Then I did ny nurse training and worked at the Royal Surrey for 5 years!!

Now I work at West Middlesex in Isleworth, so will probably have my baby there as I know everyone and they have a brand new birth centre - that's optimistic isn't it! - I'm assuming I'll make it to term and that I won't be screaming for an epidural at 1cm!!!

Yes, had a MC on New Years Eve (nice eh!). I know it is soon to be pregnant again, but it's what we wanted - my friend said to me "if you fall off you gotta get back on again" so we did. It is kinda reassuring that I can fall quite easily, just hope I don't have a problem holding onto them.

Have you had just 1 MC too?

It is very hard not to be a complete nutcase this time around - every little twinge and I'm thinking uh-oh. But the pains I get now don't seem the same as before as far as I can remember. Last time I think it started with spotting, then pain. Whereas this time it is this funny bloated achey type pain, and no spotting yet.

Where is your nearest hospital now? Don't think Holy Cross will have you!!! (Did a placement there when I was a student nurse).

Better go to work now, having waffled on for so long!!

Hope everyone else has a good day - wish I could be excited it is Friday, but I'm working the weekend!

Amy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->