october 2011 babies!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm 6 weeks, 4 days along and I'm due 10/7/2011. I had my first appointment with the OB nurse last Friday and have my first Dr's appt this Friday. I'm a bit nervous since my last pregnancy ended at 6 weeks about 3 years ago. I'm hoping this one is successful. I also have two sons - ages 13 and 14.

glad i could make u feel better.... fingers crossed they go soon until then im just trying to think about them in a good way means something is happening in there :)

I have baby # 4 due on october 10th. I am new to this site though. But so far have been spending lots of time on it. Yaa for October babies. Anyone eles going to have 4 kids?

Sarah

Irish girl,,,sorry just looked at your ticker, we are close together and you dont live that far away - Im in Clitheroe, not far from blackburn!x

Thanks Aquarius, its nice to have someone on here so close!

Really not happy this morning - one of the girls in our office was coughing and sneezing for past couple of days and I woke up and couldnt stop coughing. does anyone know if we can take cough medicine or not? I think I read somewhere that you can't so Im not sure how to get rid of it!

Hi I got my BFP yesterday, from my dates I'll be due 15th October! It's mine and hubbys first!

Welcome new people :D

I have small cramps today :(

I'm not sure which cough medicine you can take, try googling it?

wow this list is growing some!! January sure was a fruity month for us all lol

I had cramps through the night and this morning, some of them are like quite strong period pains, is this normal? I had a lot of difficulty sleeping with them

I was woken up at 2.30 cause I needed a wee (same time every fricking night!!), but at 3 I was woken up again by what felt like mild period pains. It didn't last long and now I have a few small cramps.

It's apparently normal :shrug:

Just googled taking cough medicine during pregnancy and as the first trimester is the most risky I'm going to cope with my cough, rather than harm the baby - the advice is that some are thought to be safe but there is no difinite proof, so I think it's best to leave it alone!

Just googled taking cough medicine during pregnancy and as the first trimester is the most risky I'm going to cope with my cough, rather than harm the baby - the advice is that some are thought to be safe but there is no difinite proof, so I think it's best to leave it alone!

There's nothing you can really take for a cold other than paracetamol and cough drops. You can drink honey and lemon in hot water, steam up the bathroom and spend as long as you can take and a saline nasal spray. Thats about it! I've been dying with a cold for the last 3 weeks, but don't want to take anti-biotics. I think that you can't take the cough medicine as it affects the mucous in your body making it thinner so you can cough it up from your lungs, but will also affect the womb. I think I read that somewhere, but can't remember where.

Hope you feel better soon!!

you can take Robitussin DM (only the DM kind). that is per my Doctor as I've been battling a virus for the past week!

Thank you Sullengrl and Mari881 - I hope you two are feeling better soon xxx

I was just wondering how long everyone plans to leave it before they start telling everyone they are pregnant - I dont know whether to wait until after the first scan - thats ages away though and I'm so impatient!

Hey Irish Girl,

With DD I never told anyone apart from my bestfriend until I was 16weeks but I plan to tell people this time once we've had a scan.

Not having any symptoms with this pregnancy though so I'm worrying something is wrong.

I know what you mean - I dont have any cramps and I'm thinking is it still in there? just being overcautious I suppose as this is my first and I dont know what to expect.

I've read that every pregnancy can be completely different so Im sure everything is fine with you and we are all just worrying for nothing xxx

Irish girl,,,sorry just looked at your ticker, we are close together and you dont live that far away - Im in Clitheroe, not far from blackburn!x

Thanks Aquarius, its nice to have someone on here so close!

Really not happy this morning - one of the girls in our office was coughing and sneezing for past couple of days and I woke up and couldnt stop coughing. does anyone know if we can take cough medicine or not? I think I read somewhere that you can't so Im not sure how to get rid of it!

Oh no. How bloody inconsiderate! I wouldn't rush anything apart fro
Paracetamol. Try eating lots of fruit n drinking lots of water xx

I'm leaving it as long as poss before announcing it, ive told a few close people. I've been feeling so sick today. Eaten loads of ginger nuts !!

We've told some close friends, and we're telling all the parents next week. After then, I dunno. We originally said we'd wait until the scan, but once we've told the parents we might just tell everyone. I'll be 7 weeks by then so dunno if we can wait for another 5 to tell everyone! lol!! We'll see....

Yay! The midwife EVENTUALLY got back to me, and she's popping in to meet me tomorrow at work. Nothing formal, just a chance to meet face to face and chat and see if I like her or not. :D

I'm leaving it as long as poss before announcing it, ive told a few close people. I've been feeling so sick today. Eaten loads of ginger nuts !!

I'm doing that same, I have told a few close people but everyone else can wait. I am going to wait until after the 12 week scan as I have to know it is all ok. Last time we had the scan at 10 weeks then told my husbands parents and then the next day I miscarried.

well my cough has gone now so its not as bad as I thought, but I got a strange pain today, it felt like something was poking the inside of my bellybutton with a pin, never had that before.

I'm going to tell my Mum on 4th March, the day after my midwife's appointment, as it's her birthday - its definitely the best present I've ever given her. Whenever I speak to her I have to try really hard not to let it slip, especially since two of my cousins have babies under 6 months and another is pregnant. Talking on here is helping though - thanks everyone for putting up with my rambling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->