october 2011 babies!

My EDD is Halloween as well! (unless the doc changes the date when I go in) It will be our first, we are SO excited!! :cloud9:

well I went to see the doctor today, he wanted to know when CD1 was on my last period, and I tried to tell him that it will only give him the wrong date, but he didn't really listen, said the scans will change the dates if need be. lol! Due dates are a waste of time anyway really, only like 5% of babies are born on their due date, and your actual due date can change from one scan to the next! The actual due TIME, is from 38weeks-42 weeks; that's an entire MONTH where the baby may come! Why the heck do we focus on one day?? lol.

And so the doc reckons I'm 7weeks 1 day, when I'm actually 6 weeks 3 days. But ahh well. lmao. I know better!!!

he booked me in for blood tests in the morning, so will pop down and do them (I have diabetes in my immediate family, so he wants me to do a fasting blood test in the morning and check that too, otherwise I could have done them this afternoon) and FX they all come back normal!

We then spent the morning looking around shops. We went to our local plunket (hmm, do you HAVE plunket over there? probably not.... hmm) and got info on the prices for hiring car seats (sooooooooo much cheaper than buying, especially the first one you can only use for like 6 months!) and info on their antenatal classes and parents centers and all that stuff... Have been reading magazines all afternoon since getting home and am feeling more excited!

Now it's only a matter of a few hours until my mum is here!!! I'm getting really excited about telling her! lol

Irish Girl, I have days where I'm freaking out too. I hear so many stories from others. Miscarriages can happen to so many pregnancies, with no real way to prevent most of them; they are just "not meant to be". One in 4 (or 5?) pregnancies will miscarry, and most will be in those first 12 weeks... It's SCARY! I'm terrified I'll loose my bean....!! :(

But then other days I'm loving the whole thing, and really looking forward to it.

But yes, I do feel as if I'm holding myself back a bit too... Just in case I loose it, ya know? I don't want to be utterly totally devastated if I do loose it, so I'm holding back getting super excited, just in case.... :/

hehe, darkNlovely it's amazing! TWINS!!!! You had updated us about that, but was way back on pg 31! lol

I am not feeling so great. I think I am getting more sick.

I am due on halloween!! or the day before. I am so excited! I just hope I dont miscarry again.

flying- these first weeks of pregnancy are so scary :( i'm half excited for my doc appt in 10 days and half not. i'm really hoping for him to check all my levels and tell me everything is amazing andetc, but then i hear so many horror stories when the doc is like "nothing's in there" it's scary. and not good for us moms to be or not supposed to be under any stress. yeah, good luck with THAT.

but i'm trying to be positive, and hope that i'm not one of the few :S

Thanks eswift and flyingduster - I feel much better about it now I just need to stay positive!

darknlovely - Twins! wow - congratulations!

Thanks for all the PMA - I'm sending it right back xxxx

DNL congrats on the twins. :)

I guess I should call the doctor and midwife this week.

Wow huge congrats to darknlovely !!

Ive got s little pattern going with symptoms. I can get through the week if I catch up on my sleep at the weekend. I can just about bear the tiredness during the week but when it comes to weekend I'm absolutely knackered! Sickness comes n goes. Sore bbs come n go ! I know it's a good sign all these symptoms but I can't wait to see the light at the end if the tunnel. I'm 8 weeks today. Yey!

Hope all you lovely ladies are ok ! Xx

I am not feeling so great. I think I am getting more sick.

I am due on halloween!! or the day before. I am so excited! I just hope I dont miscarry again.

Hi Hun. I am sending u sticky positive vibes. So sorry for all Yr losses xx

Anyone finding that time has slowed down since getting their BFP?

I've known for 10 days and it feels like about 4 weeks! I think I'm just so impatient to get to 12 weeks so we can tell everyone!

Hi everyone, can I join you?
I got my first of four BFPs two days ago (nope didn't believe them at all!) and just had it confirmed by the doctor, I'm due on 25th October. It's my first :happydance:

Hi everyone!

Congratulations.

Im due on Oct 09 with my first (same day my chihuahua will be turning 3 - hehe) xxx

Hi everyone, can I join you?
I got my first of four BFPs two days ago (nope didn't believe them at all!) and just had it confirmed by the doctor, I'm due on 25th October. It's my first :happydance:

Me too! Seems there are a lot of us 25th October girls! There's a whole thread on it :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...-bump-buddy-anyone-else-due-october-25th.html

I'm not sure if time has slowed down, but I have noticed that I'm feeling crappier! I suppose that I am feeling lethargic about everything from housework, cooking to going out... I feel rough, as though I've the hangover without having had a drink... Some how seems so unfair!

OH is feeling so much more reassured, I must agree I am too; but would love not to get the MS thing, just feel as though I waiting for it to start! 3 breakfast later and then it's lunch time...

Hope everyone else is feeling much better...

Anyone finding that time has slowed down since getting their BFP?

I've known for 10 days and it feels like about 4 weeks! I think I'm just so impatient to get to 12 weeks so we can tell everyone!

Yep! The first few weeks are the hardest and longest but things do pick up after that I found last time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->