october 2011 babies!

well I went to see the doctor today, he wanted to know when CD1 was on my last period, and I tried to tell him that it will only give him the wrong date, but he didn't really listen, said the scans will change the dates if need be. lol! Due dates are a waste of time anyway really, only like 5% of babies are born on their due date, and your actual due date can change from one scan to the next! The actual due TIME, is from 38weeks-42 weeks; that's an entire MONTH where the baby may come! Why the heck do we focus on one day?? lol.

And so the doc reckons I'm 7weeks 1 day, when I'm actually 6 weeks 3 days. But ahh well. lmao. I know better!!!

he booked me in for blood tests in the morning, so will pop down and do them (I have diabetes in my immediate family, so he wants me to do a fasting blood test in the morning and check that too, otherwise I could have done them this afternoon) and FX they all come back normal!

We then spent the morning looking around shops. We went to our local plunket (hmm, do you HAVE plunket over there? probably not.... hmm) and got info on the prices for hiring car seats (sooooooooo much cheaper than buying, especially the first one you can only use for like 6 months!) and info on their antenatal classes and parents centers and all that stuff... Have been reading magazines all afternoon since getting home and am feeling more excited!

Now it's only a matter of a few hours until my mum is here!!! I'm getting really excited about telling her! lol

Irish Girl, I have days where I'm freaking out too. I hear so many stories from others. Miscarriages can happen to so many pregnancies, with no real way to prevent most of them; they are just "not meant to be". One in 4 (or 5?) pregnancies will miscarry, and most will be in those first 12 weeks... It's SCARY! I'm terrified I'll loose my bean....!! :(

But then other days I'm loving the whole thing, and really looking forward to it.

But yes, I do feel as if I'm holding myself back a bit too... Just in case I loose it, ya know? I don't want to be utterly totally devastated if I do loose it, so I'm holding back getting super excited, just in case.... :/

hehe, darkNlovely it's amazing! TWINS!!!! You had updated us about that, but was way back on pg 31! lol

Hey guys, I am also so scared about miscarrying my lil pumpkin... but. I was thinking the other day. ... here I am not letting myself "get excited" or do anything to baby involved just in case something happens. However two days ago I realized that no matter if I "get excited" or not that a MC will devastate me. So why not get happy and excited and act confident that everythings okay? I figure its got to be healthier for the baby for us to be happy and excited about meeting them in nine months rather than stressing about a devastating MC. I hope everybody ghastly a sticky pumpkin (October babies... lol) and lets just surround them in lobe and excitement.

Best luck and loves to all the moms to be... I know how much we love our babies alreadyalready

Well said shellb. I totally agree with you. I keep getting MC worries too which is only natural, but we should be keeping a PMA about it and let the chips fall where they may x

Wanna giggle, I've known about LO about 3 weeks, I put off going to DR; went week last Friday, handed pee samples in last Monday... Phoned today for the results! :blush:

Guess What!! :smug: I'm Pregnant!?!?!:haha:

Tried acting all surprised when I told OH! How silly am I???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If all goes well i'm due on the 11th october - one month later it would have been an 11/11/11 baby! :)

Hmmmm...odd - somehow posted on the wrong thread - sorry!

Does anyone know when a heartbeat can be seen on ultrasound? Or what your HCG levels have to be before it can be seen?

the heart doesn't start beating till 5 weeks I think, and it is best to wait till 6 weeks to try and see it on a scan. Earlier and I don't think they can see anything....

Not sure what the hCG range is for 6 weeks though sorry...!!!

We have decided that once we've told the family and my boss (this week) then we won't bother hiding it from others. If I have a MC, then so be it; I'll have heaps of support!

Sooooo looking forward to it! My mum knows now, the rest of my family is being told tonight, and then DH's family tomorrow. :D

I am so anxious today. got to get myself calmed down. it is getting harder nd hardernot to tell my own mother.

Morning All!

It official I've started with morning sickness!!!:shrug: Looks like if I don't tell everyone, they'll probably guess anyway...:haha:

Hopefully, the queezy feeling may lessen...:thumbup:

I just started having nipple stuff happen last night. They were SO itchy and when I looked, the nipple (not areola) had all these bumps on them! It was kinda weird! And they were projectile!

I hear you on the nipples! Mine are like bullets and no amount of layers can disguise them!!

Is it just me or is the first trimester taking forever.....:( Guess I'm just having one of those days

I just started having nipple stuff happen last night. They were SO itchy and when I looked, the nipple (not areola) had all these bumps on them! It was kinda weird! And they were projectile!

snap, it is driving me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->