October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

was thinking this morning, what position to give birth in? i have been laying down twice, and leaning over on the bed head rail once, none of which i thought were great. :nope:

:nope:

anybody else been thinking about this?

will put this post on the beans thread as well!

Thanks hun, I'm usually such a doctor dodger that I find myself worrying about every little thing now that I'm pregnant because I'm afraid it's affecting LO :haha:

Aw yay for squashes!! :) I'm so happy not to be an aubergine anymore!!

I'm planning on a water birth, leaning over the side of the pool most likely. If I do get out I imagine I'll give birth leaning over the end of the sofa, as I found this one of the more comfortable positions during contractions first time around (that and standing up). Ended up strapped to a hospital bed on my back last time though *sigh*

3outnumbered I'm hoping to be in any position other than on my back. haven't given it too much more thought than that really though.

Im hoping for on all fours or leaving over something.. dont think my thighs could handle squatting but ive heard gravity really helps!! ;)

I'm gonna be on all fours leaning against the side of the bed (after our hospital tour we realised the beds lower down really low)

I know I'm a bit late but can I join you girls please?
My due date is 30th October x

Hey Dizzydoll yes I've had it on and off for a couple of weeks now, usually at night (thank goodness!), and I've also been sick a couple of times (funnily enough, both times after eating chips and gravy!) I'm not worried as it happened to my friend at this stage of pregnancy too and she was fine.

I have absolutley no idea about what position to give birth in, I really fancy a water birth, but as for a position, well I think I'm just gonna stay open minded and go with whatever feels most comfortable on the day.

Thanks for your reply hun, having it for weeks really doesn't sound fun at all :(
I didn't mind so much the last 2 days because it was just in the evening but this morning I'm tormented with it, eating anything seems to be triggering another bout of it but I'm starving so trying to alternate spoonfuls of yoghurt with bites of toast in the hope it gives me some energy!

I haven't got a clue what sort of position i want to be in...
i haven't really got an idea on anything when it comes to birth/labour. I know i want to do whatever is best for LO but other than that i haven't planned anything.
Is this a bad thing?
I know, kind of, what i'll go through (was in there when my nephew was being popped into the world) but i haven't got any preferences for anything.

I always said after watching the birth program's that I would never have my bum in the air! How wrong was I? I was up on the back of the bed, bum everywhere! Now I no longer have and shame or dignity left, I don't care where I am so long as baby gets out! Would likea home birth but OH ain't having that, so a water birth would be my next choice only there isn't the facility in my hospital. Apparently they are having one but whether its ready by time I give birth is another story... And it will need to not be in use! Sucks a.bit to be honest... Wish I was allowed to stay home :(

Dizzydoll - I think I must have eaten something dodgy without realising because I had 2 or 3 instances in one night. If it had been a couple of months later I would have thought it was my pre baby clear out. Seems to be ok now though.

Birthing position - I was laid down first time. I know it's not the best position but it's how I felt comfy. Am going to just see what I feel like at the time, just hoping it's not the back seat of a car or something!

I've had diarrhoea the past few days and I'm usually constipated. I'm just grateful for the clear out lol.

I was laid down with my first too, to be honest I wasn't even aware I could move about when I was in labour with him. I was young and didn't know what to expect so just did as I was told.

Just had my HR meeting in work, I figured out my holidays wrong so it means I actually finish on Monday next week and I only have a 3 hour shift instead of an 8 hour one on that day. Yay! :happydance:

Just had my HR meeting in work, I figured out my holidays wrong so it means I actually finish on Monday next week and I only have a 3 hour shift instead of an 8 hour one on that day. Yay! :happydance:

Great news for you! It's my last day at work tomorrow. I'm on a go-slow today :winkwink:

I'm on a bit of a go slow until I finish now lol. Luckily I'm making outbound calls rather than taking the inbound ones so I can go at my own pace.

You got any plans for your mat leave? I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do with all the free time!

Lucky you! I go on mat leave at 38 weeks!lol... also, just found out I need iron tablets (even tho I already take iron supplements!) and a GTT test :'(

I keep thinking of stuff to do and thinking "I'll do that when I'm on mat leave" but then I'll forget what I'd thought of :dohh: I'm gonna go through the house room by room and completely clean and de-clutter each one, cook lots of freezable food, do some crafts and catch up with friends/family. Oh and chill out at some point too :flower:

I hope I don't get bored....but I don't think I will! x

ooft, i've still got 7 weeks left at work before i'm on mat leave! to say these weeks are dragging is an understatement!!

Hi Ladies,

can i join you? due on the 5th and its a girl!

Just home after 2 days in hospital as i had a terrible stomach bug and was so dehydrated i needed a drip - not fun! however home now and resting before going back to work next week (3 weeks work left).

Hope all is well with all you ladies and im going to read back and catch up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->