October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

congrats bumpy!hope u r both doing well :)
urchin - eek!how exciting!!!

How exciting Urchin.

My little girl still isn't playing properly, she's now transverse, which is one better than breech but still not quite right. Come on Missy, turn turn turn please!

Congratulations bumpyplease! Hope little Alfie is doing well and you are recovering well. Wow, urchin, not long left!

I hope all you other ladies are doing well.
I'm now on maternity leave, technically my second day as I work Monday-Wednesday, and despite not having a bathroom since last Monday (refit has gone wrong), I'm getting there with baby stuff!

I have packed my bag, minus the big pants!
I have thoroughly cleaned our bedroom ready to put the Moses basket in it.
I have unpacked all our newborn, 0-3 & 3-6 baby clothes from my DS ready to wash them.
I have sorted all the new clothes, bedding etc we have bought.

Not bad for 2 day's work! I'm feeling a little more organised now. As soon as the bathroom is finished we can get into what will be the nursery and decorate it. Hopefully that'll be this weekend, I can't go much longer without a bathroom and without doing the nursery, my blood pressure won't take it!!!

Yay Urchin sooo exciting!! The 2nd really isn't far away at all. Will you have a kitchen by then?

I had my 36 week consultant appointment yesterday. Was pretty pointless really. I managed to get myself worked up again thinking they would say something negative about my weight but between my booking in appointment at 10 weeks and now I have only gained 8.5kg which I think is pretty good going and it didn't warrant a mention by the Dr which I was very pleased about.

We went and collected the birthing pool I bought online today (an unused La Bassine with all the kit needed for £60, bargain!) and OH has promised to decorate the baby's room tomorrow. It only needs painting and then her furniture putting up so shouldn't take more than a day or 2. My parents are coming for a visit at the weekend and I really want my Mum to see the room so I'll be upset if he doesn't get it finished.

2nd of October? Eek!! Not far at all! All these babies will be here before we know it! Congrats urchin :D

am really hoping so Maisie!
Fitter was meant to be coming back today, but had to cancel ... say's he's coming tomorrow instead
Trouble is, it's turning out to be a really tricky job ... so he needs to bring his mate (another kitchen fitter) to help him with it

You MUST put pics up of the nursery once it's finished ... it's so exciting isn't it?

we're all soooo close now :dance:

Wish I could feel excited but I'm still too busy feeling sorry for myself. Lol. I'm actually more scared than I've ever been now. Feel more alone than I ever have. Even when I was "single" I had my mam. Now I'm "in a relationship" and I feel like I've got no one. Half a pack of marylands haven't helped either. I just feel sick instead. Lol

Definitely want nursery pics!!! So jealous of all those who are or will be finished. My gingham wallpaper came yesterday and I was so excited! God knows when it's gonna get done tho.

Still not a lot of joy with the kitchen urchin? Uve had a right time of it haven't u... Fingers X's they get it sorted for u ASAP!

Lol - Mr Urch suggested to me the other day, that starting on the kitchen was possibly not one of my better ideas :rofl:

big hugs CJ ... sounds like a couple of days at your mums is a good call :hugs:

I will put some pics up once we've painted although it wont be completely finished as we aren't putting her cot up just yet. With having a home birth (hopefully) the birthing pool will be going in that room as it is close to the bathroom for filling/emptying. I just want it decorated and her wardrobe/chest of drawers/changing table in place so that I can organise her clothes and make sure we have all that we need for her.

CJ I know you're having a crappy time at the moment :hugs: I really hope he wakes up and realises his behaviour is out of order soon. You still have your mum, him being a plank doesn't change that. I think maybe he is just having a sudden panic about becoming a father.

Lol - Mr Urch suggested to me the other day, that starting on the kitchen was possibly not one of my better ideas :rofl:

Lol, possibly got a point :haha: I felt the same about having the bathroom done a couple of weeks ago especially as I headed to his mother's for the 6th time in 3 hours to use the loo :blush:

big hugs CJ ... sounds like a couple of days at your mums is a good call :hugs:

Haha I'm not for agreeing with men ATM, but I have to in this case!! But then again, would be worse if baby was here...

I'm sure he will Maisie. Just a shame that he seemed to have totally reformed during this pregnancy. We hardly argued, I got everything I wanted for the baby - no arguments. And now this. All the material things I've had no longer seem that important in comparison. Hopefully he'll see the light when she's born - until then I just will keep my thoughts to myself and u guys! Lol.

OT here but my Midwife looked panic stricken when I mentioned RLT today! She said not to take til 36 weeks. Anyone been told that? I thought it was 32 and I was well behind coz I still haven't ordered it lol

Mine knows I'm taking it (2 capsules per day plus some tea every now and then) and EPO and is absolutely fine with it. I started at 35 weeks so thought I was pretty behind with starting. On the packet it says it's not recommended for those in early pregnancy but can't see why it would be a problem at your stage. It's not like it induces labour just strengthens the uterine muscles before and after labour.

She's fine with it, just not til 36 wks. I've just been too lazy to get round to ordering it but I will do so tomoro in work.

But on a good note, everything I was told about the birthing pool last week was wrong! It isn't on the high risk ward. It will be operational by October and there is no reason I can't use it unless its occupied so fingers crossed for that! I want to only use gas and air if I can this time as the pethadine shots knocked Elliot out cold when he was born. He didn't cry or feed from his first feed about 1am ish until 8pm that evening, so I hope the water will help me stick to my guns as I'll have to get out if I want more pain relief lol

Glad to hear it :thumbup: I'm looking forward to using my birthing pool and am hoping between that and the TENS machine I plan to get I can get through with maybe just a bit of gas and air for pushing. If I want anything else I have to go to hospital so that's a big incentive for me. If OH really doesn't want you to use the pool tell him you'll have your mum in with you instead and that way he doesn't have to watch!

Ive heard really good stories about meditation to help get through labour/birth naturally.. u could prpbably google breathing techniques and i have heard they really help too in getting through contractions! Also apparently tge uterus responds well to oxytocin (the love hormone released wen we are kissing cuddling saying i love you etc) and opposite with adrenaline, and the more scared you are, the less oxygen goes to the uterus muscle therefore more pain! So try n stay calm n not allow yourself to get too scared (easier said than done right) and concentrate on inhaling n exhaling dont ever hold your breath.. this is what ive been told anyway lol but sounds legit!!

If I wasn't having a c-section I would be going for a birthing pool for sure ... I know when I have bad period cramps the ONLY thing that gives me any relief is to wallow about in a hot bath (not that I expect them to allow a birthing pool to be at the same temperature as my baths!)
For me it makes sense to use something that takes the pressure off your body by supporting your weight, leaving you free to do what you need to do.

In all honesty CJ I'm staggered that anyone would think they have the right to tell you in what circumstances you will labour - even the medical profession have accepted now that lying on your back is the worst position you could adopt (except possibly a handstand??) It always was more for their convenience than the mother's, and causes a number of complications.

I do hope Mr CJ stops being such a tw*t, but if not, as maisie says, sack him as a birth partner and have your mum instead :thumbup:

i've just started reading the hypnobirthing book from my MW :) also, she said not to start RLT til 37 weeks...so im having 1 cup every 3 days this week, 1 every 2 days next week, 1 every day at 36 weeks, 2 every day at 37, 3 at 38 and 4 and 40 :)

Ive already planned to have a water birth for my next bubba! Missed the boat with this one as my hospital doesnt have a pool :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->