****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Thanks Dreamer and Oasis...i will work up thenerve to test soon...and then i will update!!

Come on babydoodle! Test! Lol!!

Ok, so I went to my gp and... No scan for me :( i kind of expected it though. According to them, mc is so common that they couldn't send every woman for an early scan.

She did tell me however that she's using my lmp for dating puspise and because according to it I'm supposed to be 11 weeks, the mw would see me quicker (I didn't tell her I knew my O date, just the I was not sure and I *might* be less than that. I didn't lie! ^_^ lol)
So private scan it will be! Gonna call them tomo!

What a joke ummi, when I had my first recent loss last June the consultant that performed my d & c told me to ask my doc for an early scan next time, she wouldn't have if I hadn't said the consultant said to, I think after just one loss you should be entitled to an early scan, just because you've had one loss not two or three doesn't make it any less heartbreaking or nervewracking next pregnancy. I'm really sorry you have to go private, we pay enough taxes, it's a disgrace, rant over lol xxxxxx

Nowhere seems to want to send you for an early scan though. Even if you beg and plead. Lol. We've booked a private one because I know there's no way in hell they'd send me for one. And to be honest, the hospital that I'd have to go to is awful. It's where I went for my scan after my m/c, they got my name wrong, then my address, and then my GP!! Took 45 minutes just to figure out which patient I was! They'd even put my notes in some other poor girls file!
I'm a nurse so I know mistakes can happen but I was absolutely disgusted with that. They weren't at all supportive. I know they deal with it every day, but I don't!! They just age me a leaflet and that was it. I will never be going back there!!!

Rant over. :haha:

Lol we're having a good rant tonight:) I'm so sorry you had that experience girly, its bad enough having to go through something as awful as that without being treated that way. I was lucky my doctor is rubbish but the ward I mc on and the epau where I had my subsequent mc diagnosed was amazing, I know that's not the case everywhere though xxxxxxxx

The thing is a&e were great. It was just the EPU that was a complete joke. I knew before that that I didn't want to deliver there though. I am pretty much right in the middle of two hospitals and I want the other one. It's just opened up a new midwife-led birthing suite with 4 birthing pools and an active birthing room. Now THAT'S where I want to have my baby! Lol.

A rant is needed sometimes. Lol. Xxxx

I know exactly what you mean, the midwife that was looking after me when I was induced with ds 4 made it a horrific experience for me, I was only supposed to push for an hour due to past problems and she made me push for four hours, she threatened me with a cesarean, took my gas and air away which was the only pain relief I'd been given because according to her I wasn't pushing properly. I was in so much pain I was begging for help, eventually they called someone to give me an epidural but he was really awful to me saying why do you want an epidural when your 10 cm dilated, he was really rough giving me the epidural and I later found out he gave me the wrong kind of block. Only when my son became very distressed and his heart rate was dropping did they call a doctor. She was like my saviour, she was furious, turned out my son was the wrong way and stuck fast, because of this my already more painful induced labour was agonising as I had no relief between contractions, I was rushed to theatre, given the right total block and my son was born via forceps. The whole thing was horrendous, that midwife still works at the hospital, if I get her i'll request another midwife xxxx

That's awful!! And even worse that she's still working there. I'm going to be awful, I just know it. I can be quite demanding if I don't believe patients are receiving good enough care. If I can be that bad to work with I must be awful as a patient. Lol.

I hate how pushy some of the midwives are too. Aren't they supposed to be caring?! Xxxx

I know! Supposed to be, the thing is your so vulnerable in labour and the pain makes it worse I was literally begging her student midwife to help me when she went out. In hindsight I should of asked for another midwife but I was in too much of a state, that won't be happening next time but watch my luck and I get her again! Xxx

One of my colleagues makes me laugh. She had horrendous labours with both her girls. Needed assisted delivery for both. With her second, she knew she was getting to the point where she would need an assisted delivery again. In so much pain she got her credit card out and begged them for a c-section. Saying they could charge her whatever amount, just to do it. Needless to sa they wouldn't. But I have to laugh so much!! She was told all through her pregnancy by her midwife that she wasn't allowed an elective cs. Even after the trauma of her first delivery. But that was 4 years ago now.

Oh bless her!!! That part of its so funny, her credit card, lol. But that's terrible she's not allowed a c section after what she's been through xx

It was before they gave you the choic, she was in London at the time. But they said it wasn't reason enough to warrant an elective cs. I think the rules changed not long after she had her youngest.

I still laugh at that!!

Haha it's a good one that's for sure, I've seen some funny things on One Born Every Minute but that's gotta be the best one xxx

I kind of expected it anyway, so not too surprised.

Feels good to have a rant, doesn't it?

Tbh, I couldn't praise more the midwives at the hospital I go too.
My experience at the epu was just cold I'd say. I was lucky to have a good gp (despite not sending me for a scan) who listened to me and knew how to say the right words.

Girly: loool@ your friend and her credit card!

They can be pretty cold at times. Have never seen OBEM. Realky want to though.

Hearing all your UK healthcare stories scare me for government run healthcare! I guess it is nice that you have an option to have private scans, but the extra expense is ridiculous.
I had my first scan and doctor appointment today. The technician was wonderful and explained what she saw, which some do not. She showed me the heartbeat on the screen! They took more blood and urine. Then I went in to see my doctor and she seemed clueless about everything. She stated that she was not able to see the scan on the computer yet, but she called the sonographer who said everything "looked good." She did not even give me a due date!! I had to remind her that my cycles were wacky and I wanted to know if the measurements were where they should be. Only after that she promised to call me tomorrow with more details about the scan. I cannot believe how she was pretty much like "all is good see you in a month." I am hoping she was just having a bad day because I really would hate to have to shop for a new doctor now. On the plus side she put in orders to get another scan in two weeks that I can schedule if it would ease my nerves. Of course I scheduled that before I left. I am trying to focus on almost being 7 weeks and seeing a heartbeat.
I cannot wait to hear more positive doctor appointments from everyone!

Hearing all your UK healthcare stories scare me for government run healthcare! I guess it is nice that you have an option to have private scans, but the extra expense is ridiculous.
I had my first scan and doctor appointment today. The technician was wonderful and explained what she saw, which some do not. She showed me the heartbeat on the screen! They took more blood and urine. Then I went in to see my doctor and she seemed clueless about everything. She stated that she was not able to see the scan on the computer yet, but she called the sonographer who said everything "looked good." She did not even give me a due date!! I had to remind her that my cycles were wacky and I wanted to know if the measurements were where they should be. Only after that she promised to call me tomorrow with more details about the scan. I cannot believe how she was pretty much like "all is good see you in a month." I am hoping she was just having a bad day because I really would hate to have to shop for a new doctor now. On the plus side she put in orders to get another scan in two weeks that I can schedule if it would ease my nerves. Of course I scheduled that before I left. I am trying to focus on almost being 7 weeks and seeing a heartbeat.
I cannot wait to hear more positive doctor appointments from everyone!

That is wonderful!!

I had my scan today, they couldn't see anything, NOTHING. I am crushed. They drew more blood and I go back in two weeks but I am not hopeful at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->