****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

If it helps there is sites and posts on here that talk about getting lighter lines as the pregnancy progresses. I can't remember what it's called. It normally happens as you're coming up to 6 weeks. It's to do with the levels in your pee getting so high hpt's can't detect it very well. So lines will begin to fade. Or in your case, tell you you are fewer weeks than you are. If you dilute your pee slightly it may say 3+ again.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

And thanks for the kind welcome.

If it helps there is sites and posts on here that talk about getting lighter lines as the pregnancy progresses. I can't remember what it's called. It normally happens as you're coming up to 6 weeks. It's to do with the levels in your pee getting so high hpt's can't detect it very well. So lines will begin to fade. Or in your case, tell you you are fewer weeks than you are. If you dilute your pee slightly it may say 3+ again.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

And thanks for the kind welcome.

Of course I completely forgot about that, it's called the hook effect! It's when levels get so high the tests don't function properly, well done for that hunni hopefully that will make ummi feel much better:) you're supposed to do 50% wee 50% water and then test, I saw some pics on here once, first test with all pee was faint line, second test diluted was blazing positive!! Xxx

That's it!! Totally couldn't remember what it was called but I remember looking it up for a friend last year. Crazy the way it works. And to think how much it can make us worry. Especially when you've previously had a loss.

I can't believe I forgot about it, I'm so glad you posted, hopefully when ummi reads this it will help loads xxxx

Hi ladies,

How is everyone? Welcome to the forum to girly and goddess (hope I've not missed anyone). It's a great forum, everyone is really lovely!

Sorry I've been away a few days, I keep meaning to post, but I have been feeling soooo sick, I couldn't keep my breakfast down this morning, and ridiculously tired, I could have curled up and gone to sleep in the toilets at work today lol. Though I wouldn't change it! I just wish I didn't have to work at the moment lol.

Xxx

Lol girly I think it most definitely is!!! Xxx
Hi dreamer, I know how you feel, absolutely exhausted today xxx

Hi dreamer, I know how you feel, absolutely exhausted today xxx

Thank you - the crazy thing is how early I wake up each morning! It makes no sense lol

I know this feeling but I only wake up so early because I'm desperate for a pee. I just can't get back to sleep after. And then I'm absolutely exhausted by about lunch time!! :haha:

Thx soo much ladies! I may as well try that. I've googled a bit about digis going backwards and apparently it does happen quite often. It puts my mind *a bit* at rest until Wednesday. I'll check a bit more in the hook effect.
Actually it's funny cause with ds1 after.2 yrs ttc, I didn't know I was PG until 8-9 Weeks but the test line was soo faint. He's 10 yo now, but I always wonderEd why. I know hcg is supposed to go down after 9 Weeks, but for me it's too early for that yet. And I'm sure of my O date.

Sorry that Ms is that bad, though a good sign it's never easy. Hope it goes away soon and you can all enjoy your pregnancy.

And thx for the support.
xxx

Same for me about being exhausted. Wake up early for a wee toi,, then get everyone ready fir homeschool and by lunchtime I'm on my knees!

I'm sure it's that ummi. I wish I'd remembered earlier but girly is right and I remember also reading if you're testing too far along you may not get an accurate result. So it must be true, you got your 3+ days before me so your hcg must be quite high, I'm sure that's it xxxx

Thx hun!
I actually found this while googling the hook effect
https://www.pregnancylab.net/2011/05/false-negative-pregnancy-tests.html

I feel much better. But I'll still harrass my gp for a scan! Lol!

Hi ladies, I just telephoned the doctors and my results were in, I was so nervous, but it was fantastic news, all of the tests were clear, no diabetes problems, no thyroid problems, no clotting disorders etc, no action required and my hcg was 7333 (range for 5 weeks 1 day is 3400 to 8450) so I'm in the upper range, and progesterone was 72 which is fantastic, I was praying for 16-18 as that is what is required for a healthy pregnancy. I cried with relief. That's that worry over xxxxx

That's fantastic news Oasis!! So happy for you! You can relax a bit now!!
xxx

How's everyone else today?

Hello everyone! I am joining the party! I am due on October 17th, but will be induced around the 2nd. I am so nervous. I am a paranoid mess, and freak out over every little pain. I am hoping that in a few weeks things will be better! Best of luck to everyone!

Hi ladies, I just telephoned the doctors and my results were in, I was so nervous, but it was fantastic news, all of the tests were clear, no diabetes problems, no thyroid problems, no clotting disorders etc, no action required and my hcg was 7333 (range for 5 weeks 1 day is 3400 to 8450) so I'm in the upper range, and progesterone was 72 which is fantastic, I was praying for 16-18 as that is what is required for a healthy pregnancy. I cried with relief. That's that worry over xxxxx

That's brilliant news!! Well-done!! :happydance:

I'm having a scan Sunday at (7+1) - I can't wait!! But also terrified. I'll be a nervous wreck by the weekend! I didn't get to have a scan last time until I was bleeding heavily, will never forget looking at the screen and just nothing there.... :cry:

Thanks dreamer, and I know I'm gunna be a mess before mine, I never had one with the first loss as I'd had no previous problems, I lost the baby two weeks before my first scan, I'll never forget the early scan for second loss either, just an empty sac so I know exactly how you feel. I'm gunna be exactly the same as you. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to hear your good news after.xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->