• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I'm scared stupid of the labour! But only cause Caseys birth was so bad, praying this one us different. I'm in two minds 50% of me wants to get there and the other 50% doesn't cause I'm scared lol xxxxx

Goddess is there no one at all who could watch the kids should you go in before your parents arrive x

Oasis they will be more on the ball this time cause of caseys delivery so it shouldn't be as traumatic for you I'm hoping mine is as easy as the last one but I think that was a total fluke xx

Hope you're right Hannah. I'm worried about the time it will take for my mil to get here as well, and what it we can't get through to her at work xxx

I'm worried about that with my mam cause she is the only person I can ring but as long as I say labour they will probably put me straight through its the time it takes her to get home that's my worry also cause she works In the town centre but parks over the water and walks over which adds 20 mins on to her travel :/ also she is away quite alot with work in October so I'm screwed if she ain't here cause got no one for the kids as my mates are f-ing shite when ya need them xx

Same here Hannah I totally understand, we're in the said same position and mil is all we have as she's the only one we can rely on but she isn't always reachable at work immediately, I can see us taking Casey to the hospital and her picking him up from there worst case, just another thing to worry about. We have the same problem with friends, it's not something I'd ask any of them xx.

Worst case scenario is we take the kids to the hospital and we just have to get on with it. I do have some friends I could ask but they live about 2 hours away by buses/train etc.

I am a bit scared too...i said to DH last night that I was feeling a bit panicky about it all. He doesn't really get it..and told me its too late for that. I know that obviously but as time gets on and baby arriving approaches it gets scary. I worry about the transition from 2-3 kids and a few other bits. I also have it in my head that my labour is going to be super fast and simple and i need to get it into my head that it might not be.

Goddess don't worry about the transition its not that bad the worst is going from none to one or one to two after that its easy cause your used to splitting yourself already!!

As for the birth thing I understand your worry like I said I worry cause jake was so quick that this one will be quicker even ds3 was pretty quick after a few hours of pains at home I went in and he was born 45mins later so its a massive worry of mine hoping other halfs new job doesn't take him to far from home else I'm screwed as they won't allow the kids in the labour ward with me had that bother with jakes birth cause it was like right get to labour ward now from antenatal so didn't have a chance to wait for mother to come so they had to wait in reception with their dad luckily cause I was pain free at that point I didn't mind so much might of been different had I of been getting contractions though what's your hospitals policy on children being there xx

I'm exactly the same, got it into my head that as its baby no 4 it's gunna be super quick and I don't think that's doing me any favours thinking like that. I do think though that Casey would never have been 11 hours if the idiot midwife had believed me he was stuck, that prolonged my labour by at least 5/6 hours so you never know. But labours so unpredictable. Who knows! Children aren't allowed in labour ward at our hospital either, I'm feeling panicky about the whole thing from the birth to bringing Brooklyn home and everything changing, It's still daunting after 5 years since Case however much we want Brooklyn I'm still nervous! X.

I know I have to stay in for a bit so dreading that and leaving the others really but I suppose it give me the time alone with Harvey to get to know him a bit before I have to share him with everyone else xx

I had Casey at 1.22 am and was home by 8.00pm I hate hospitals but yes it is nice the time you get to spend alone with them. How long you got to stay in for Hannah? I'm so tired tonight, done so much again today in here, I wonder how there is anything left to do! Xxx

I'm hoping only 24hrs but was 48 with jake due to the gbs but if I have him at say 9pm on a Saturday they won't let me out until the Monday morning!! I don't like being in you feel like your being watched and ya can't just get on with stuff like at home xx

Yeah they wanted keep me in another night but I told them I had painkillers at home etc and they let me out. God did I regret wanting to get home, the painkillers didn't even touch the pain from the forceps and the next day when the midwife came she was horrified at the amount of pain I was (I was literally shaking with it) and immediately rang for v strong painkilling suppositories, was the biggest mistake I could of made trying get home too soon. She told me forceps is more painful than a c section and the hospital should never have let me out. I definitely wouldn't do that again. Would only come home if I really was ok to this time. If I didn't have such a bad hospital phobia I would of stayed put! Xxx

I discharged myself after having my first they weren't impressed but it was my choice but as I had more I didn't mind staying in a bit for the break x

Yeah I learned my lesson! If that happened again, pray it doesn't, but if it does I'm staying in, couldn't sleep for hours last night again, restless leg syndrome getting worse and my back and shoulders are worse affected. I've changed my mind I want the weeks to hurry up now! Lolxxxx

What does restless legs feel like at night cause lately mine have felt like they are swelling so I've had to move them they aren't swelling though but it wakes me up loads x

It's like a creeping tingling its really hard to explain, on one site the lady said it felt like ants running in her bones, that's probably the best explanation of it, it's horrible, it's in the legs mostly but the whole body can be affected and unfortunately that's what's happened with me, it's worse in my chest, shoulders and arms, it's the most horrible feeling and it's keeping me awake for hours, once I get into the early hours it eases off so I can sleep. Also I feel like I can't breathe when I lay down so that doesn't help. Xx

Isn't it! Oh well not long now til were back to normal, not that I'm sure I was ever actually normal lol xxxx

Haha I can't wait its horrible from this point cause it drags a bit I think can't believe we are as far on as we are mind it seems to have flew over even with all our complaints lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->