• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Any tips on keeping a toddler in bed. We moved Olivia into a toddler bed about 3.5 weeks ago and every single night since then it takes 60-90m to get her to stay in bed. The first few nights she was a bit freaked out and scared so I sat with her until she fell asleep but I don't want to get into that habbit.

Last night was 80m and I was so exhausted..DH is back at work so I have the 12 hour day at work, then have the kids, getting them to bed, repeatedly putting Livi to bed every 5-10m for that length of time before cleaning the kitchen is so tiring. I was almost in tears last night at the end as I was so tired.

She doesn't seem scared anymore, I think she likes the new found independence and she just keeps getting up with excuses, i am thirsty, i am hungry, i have peed and need changed, I need to look at a book, I am not tired, bla bla bla.

Any tips most welcome..

Jake was a really really bad sleeper I used to have to lie with him in a double bed once he started sleeping a bit better I got him a toddler bed I have cried many nights cause he wouldn't sleep once the toddler bed was in I started by sitting with him then I started putting a book on his bed a lucozade sport bottle with weak juice in it next to him and put his fav toy there too with a teddy saying he was looking after him I also put a DVD on most people would say don't do this but I was so fed up that I just didn't care anymore and if it worked I was happy he still didn't sleep all night though so used to leave the DVD running all night now though he has his tv on and I put him up kiss him give him the drink the toy the teddy and pop the TV on and he doesn't get back up and is usually asleep within 10 minutes of saying good night xx

I think I just have to ride it out. I don't want to put a tv in her room given that she is only 2. Others have suggested putting a stair gate over her door so she can't get out but I don't like that idea. Hopefully with DH being back at work this week and it just being me, we get to work on more of a routine. Hope she gets it soon. She is going to sleep about 9:30 and we used to have her asleep by 8:00 in the crib. She is getting up between 6:00-7:00.

You could try nursery rhymes on a cd jake goes to sleep with out the TV now sometimes but depends how tired he is!! I tried the baby gate thing and jake screamed so much he made himself sick plus I hated hearing him scream like that xx

The music is a good idea..i will see how things go for the rest of the week. Its only 6pm and I am so tired. 3 days left at work. I have an hour before I can start bath time. Going to do the kitchen and vacuming just now so I dont have to do it once Livi does get to bed.

Struggling at work, DH has told me not to be a martyr and take the next few days off but I kind of feel I only have 3 days left.

He is right if your really tired maybe taking the time off is a good idea! Xx

Poor you goddess you must be absolutely exhausted. Hope you get the bedroom routine sorted. Super Nanny advises taking them back to bed the first time saying its time for bed now. The second time just saying bed and the third time not speaking at all. It does work but the first nights the hardest. Any attention they get from talking, a drink etc will make them keep getting up time and again so really it's about giving them as little attention as possible. I had terrible trouble getting Casey out of our bedroom but that method did work well once he was in his own bed and he was 2 and a half. It's all about attention and them basically being rewarded for getting up by indulging them in talking, getting drinks etc. it's hard and you do have to be consistent but it does work and apart from his night terrors on and off Caseys a very good sleeper. Well we picked our Silver Cross travel system up today and set it all up as a pram as I like to give everything a good air, get rid if the plastic smell. I'm glad we changed our mind and got this one, it really is lovely:) and one less worry now as if anything happens we have the car seat!! Xxx

My pram is down at my mams I set it up for a try the other day its lovely to push xx

I will try the super nanny method from tonight. IT was 95 minutes last night of repeatedly putting her back to her bed. Sometimes I say nothing, sometimes I say its bed time, time to go to bed. I typically don't chat with her about her anything..but will do Super Jo's method from tonight.

I am going to keep on with work I only have today and I am here, then tomorrow and Thursday. What I might do is take a few hours of sick time in the afternoon and get home earlier,so I can have a nap and have a shorter commute. Its only 3 days. I kind of feel DH is pushing me to have it off so I can have the responsibilities of getting the kids up in the morning and doing all that stuff. He is getting home from work at 3am and getting up at 7 ish with them so I get that. I am not going to get the rest at home so I might as well finish my final week.

Wish you luck with that Hun. Just keep consistent. It does work:) feel sorry for you and dh it must be v hard for you both. Hopefully things will be better when you're on leave xxx
Hannah this pram is gorgeous and lovely to push and actually tall enough for dh who at 6 5 didn't want to be bent over getting back ache! Never had a Silver Cross before and the quality is lovely. Can't believe he's going to be in it soon!! Xx

Those prams look lovely. Do you have a link to the one you have?

I will just be using our Phil & Teds double.

Can't seem to get the link to work I never quite know how to do that! But it's a black Silver Cross Linear Freeway with matching car seat:) if you google it you can see it:) xxx

I got an icandy its really nice in red and black prams ain't cheap these days like I loved the silver cross but wanted the carry cot buggy and car seat that would fit all together but couldn't find one xx

They are not cheap at all.

Ours was about $800 2 years ago.

I am so incredibly hot right now...its 36 degrees in my bedroom. I have sweat literally dripping off my face. Had repeat blood work on monday and my hemoglobin and ferritin have increased. However my lymphocytes were below baseline so.given my occupation I am worried about hodgkins disease or lymphoma and I am having night sweats. Logic tells me its hormonal hot flashes mand at this stage a sligjtly lower immune system can be normal too. Plus.its so bloody hot.

Goddess it will be the heat don't worry but I can understand, it's turned quite cold here now our summer is over but I've still felt hot. You get so much hotter towards the end xx
Hannah that's the one I've got that you have as a pram then converts to a push chair and you can fit the matching car seat on the chassis. They're not cheap at all but we got a good deal with this one in that the car seat came free:) xxx

Had a great mw app today, my bp was the lowest it's been the whole pregnancy 102/68 and measuring exactly 37 weeks:) I was also weighed as to attend our local birthing centre with pool etc your bmi can't go above a certain limit. I was shocked to find out my total weight gain was 5kg or 11 lbs! My bmi has only gone up 1.5, my mw said this was amazing and most women's go much higher than that so am really pleased. She put it down to how active I've been. You can't have an epidural at the centre, it's like a home from home with iPod docking stations, lava lamps, birthing pool etc. at any point if needed I can be transferred to the normal delivery unit as the centre is on the hospital grounds. All in all very happy. Brooklyns not engaged but he is head down and on the brim of my pelvis so all ready to go:) next app is in 2 weeks and I'm booked in for a sweep at 40 + 7 x.

Sounds like a great appointment..yay!

I know its just the heat and being too hot anyway at this stage but I can't help stressing when its what i work with all day although to be fair the night sweats that patients have are all over body whereas I lay all night with a wet face and neck ;)

Had a google at your pram - its lovely.

Thanks goddess:) try not to worry as you said it's normal for us to be like this at the end but I completely understand with regards to your job. Not long now and then no more worries like that xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->