****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

The only thing that is scaring me about labour is the quickness after jake and knowing I'm in labour other than that i can't wait for it I've been getting loads of pains through the night especially in my lower back at consultant today so see what he says xx

They have changed their minds going to start sweeps at 38 weeks if baby is engaged by then and I'm being seen next week for my shortness of breath and that xx

Good news then! I'm not getting a sweep til 41 weeks as here they aren't allowed to do them til I'm a week over! Hope I go naturally before then though. God my cervix pains are bad today. Dh has just gone to get Casey cause don't think I'd make it plus it's blowing a gale and pouring down:( xxx

I'm still going to push for induction though like originally agreed and I've been told to rest more and do nothing xx

Midwives here do a sweep from 38+ weeks but only if your cervix has favourable changes.

I will be getting one at 39+6 which is my first mw appt after my parents arrive if baby isn't here. I can't imagine with all this head butting of cervix that I am not dilating. Last 2 times was 3cm dilated before labour started.

Hope you feel better H.

Really goddess? Does the head butting dilate you? I wish I knew where I was. I'm getting so many cervical pains this last week it's unreal. I honestly don't remember ever having them in any other pregnancy. Xxx

That's what I always thought that all the pressure on your cervix helps to efface and dilate. Bring it on if that's the result. Still crapping it though. Its funny how even though you have done it before its still scary. Probably now because you know what's coming.

I'm with you!!! I was better off the first time when ignorance was bliss as opposed to knowing exactly what to expect. I'm crapping it too and one minute I want it all to be over the next I don't want to get there lol. Hoping the head butting is doing something at least other than cause me pain! Xx

Agree totally.

On one hand I can't wait to get on with it so its over and on the other the same I just don't want to do it again.

I tell you what I totally agree but one thing I'm dying to see the back of is this heartburn it's worrying me that it's so bad everyday now no matter what I eat that it'll damage my food pipe:( gaviscon is doing absolutely nothing:( xxx

Mine is really bad even with taking the Zantac now as think I'm immune lol I'm still getting loads of pains after colposcopy messing on up there today my mother is on stand by xx

I just rang my Asda pharmacy, pharmacist said to up Gaviscon to 10ml from 5 and to stop waiting until its so bad I can't stand it to take it and take it 4 times a day. I absolutely hate taking medicines when I'm pregnant I've not even had so much as a paracetamol even when I was in agony with thrombophlebitis in my legs and standing up was agony I took nothing but this heartburn is literally unbearable:( sorry you're still suffering after today:( xxx

You know there is loads of research into stuff while pregnant and they wouldn't let you take it without telling you the risks something's just ain't risky!!

Have you updated your iPhone to ios7 yet?? I've just done it not sure I like it x

I think Gaviscon is pretty safe. I have heard of lots of ladies having ulcers and stuff after pregnancy that need to be on antacids. I had heartburn 3x last week and took some tums and gaviscon it didn't really help. Thankfully its not been one of my major issues.

Hannah did you have your colposcopy today?

DH has been signed off work for all of next week too by our GP. Its nice having him home and his back is better, he is trying to help. Have organised all the baby clothes and omg i have a crap load in the garage too. I have newborn and 0-3 months in an entire big drawer in neutral colours only and a massive box full with boy and girl stuff. Have all my home birth supplies organised. We need to bring in the car seat from the garage and put that together.

Next step is cleaning the house..once again its a total mess.

Yeah was colposcopy today and it was horrible they couldn't see my cervix had 4 different lengths and thickness of speculums up there trying to see then done an internal where she said he felt babies head then got another doc in to try with speculum then she tried a bloody massive one which just flipping hurt (my fanny had more action today than it has done in months due to my low placenta I actually said all this while they were messing on) anyway the 2nd doc couldn't see so she gave an internal to check for tumours on my cervix I swear I'm traumatised and since my lower back has been agony I'm getting tightenings and I'm fucking crapping myself cause its too bloody early had it of been next week it wouldn't of bothered me as much but I'm worried in case its the start due to all the messing xx

Oasis it should come up in your settings for new software just install it its a bit weird x

I can understand that your worried about labour starting..with all the messing about. Did they at least tell you that the colposcopy looked good.

Hope your pains subside, try and take it easy.

I have to admit that your comment about your fanny and the most action in months had my laughing quite hard..

Nope they couldn't see properly so other than being told my cervix didn't feel like it had tumours on it which I guess is good lol I've just put the kids to bed and tidied up so now I'm chilling x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->