****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Girly, in my experience as a RN its almost inevitable about telling before you should. I work in BMT and I had to tell my manager instantly when I was on the wards as we deal with shingles, hep b & c, chemo bla bla bla. Thankfully I am off the ward now and have a desk job so this time its a lot easier.

Having all day extreme nausea from the minute I wake till I get to sleep at night. I had this with both my kids. I had forgotten how hard this part is, its debilitating. I have only vomited a few times but I feel like doing it all day.

I'm know I'm going to have to tell them soon but I want to wait until after my scan first. After last time, and the responses from them that I got I'm not sure it's worth the hassle right now. They didn't make any changes to my workload and they kept putting me in high risk patients. I'm hoping that once I've had my scan they'll have to be a bit more proactive.

I'm know I'm going to have to tell them soon but I want to wait until after my scan first. After last time, and the responses from them that I got I'm not sure it's worth the hassle right now. They didn't make any changes to my workload and they kept putting me in high risk patients. I'm hoping that once I've had my scan they'll have to be a bit more proactive.

That's awful, don't they have a legal duty of care? Xxx

Oh they do, they didn't get around to doing the risk assessment last time before I had the m/c. And that was bad because it started at work, one of the other girls rushed me to a&e and then I got questioned on why I didn't finish my workload. It was just awful. You're just a number at the end of the day. :(

I think itll be different once I have a bump. They can't ignore it then!! Lol.

Girly: what's wrong with those people?? If i were you I'd check my employment contract, because it's your right to be safe at work, for you and your baby. Good luck!

Afm: ***huge wikileak in the house*** ds2 came to me and said "yaya (that's how he calls ds1) told me you have a baby in yout tummy!!!" To what I just replied "oh really?" Then quickly change the subject. I should book my scan by friday, so I'll tell them the whole truth and nothing but the truth after that!

My ds 4 told me a couple weeks ago on the way home from pre school that I had a baby in my belly! I said not yet babe, he said he was going to make a wish for me to get a baby soon:) I just want get past 12 weeks this time before I tell him, he was so upset last time. He wants me to hurry up and get a new baby so he can teach them to play football, bless him xxxx

Oh bless him! That's so cute!! That's exactly what I was planning on doing... Sometimes things don't go according to plan A, but I haven't found a plan B yet ^^

My ds 4 told me a couple weeks ago on the way home from pre school that I had a baby in my belly! I said not yet babe, he said he was going to make a wish for me to get a baby soon:) I just want get past 12 weeks this time before I tell him, he was so upset last time. He wants me to hurry up and get a new baby so he can teach them to play football, bless him xxxx

That is just so cute!! Nearly made me cry. :blush:

Aww thanks ladies, I know, he's an absolute sweetheart he really is xxxx

Hi ladies - scan pics..... I hope you don't mind me sharing, I am just so excited..... <3<3<3

:happydance: so thrilled for you!!

Ummi - that panda story is too cute!

I am so ridiculously tired at the moment it's embarrassing, I only have an office job but do oncall overnight and am wondering if I can actually stop that soon, I have no idea if that's in my work contract! I doubt it somehow.

I can understand wanting to wait.

Over here they do not have a duty to accommodate pregnancy in the health service, the only no nos were looking after shingles patients and some other infections..otherwise I came in regularly to the heaviest workload of post ICU transfers, with no mobility on resp isolation requiring a million chemo drugs that I was to administer. In the UK when I worked there pregnant ladies were automatically taken off chemo administration not here...its pretty bad. Its more of a you chose to get pregnant attitude you fit in with the workload and very little exceptions are made.

That's got to be tough. It's different working out in the community to in the hospital. In the hospital the moment you tell them they take you off certain duties. Out here not so much. One of the girls in her previous pregnancy was still being made to go and see double heavy wet legs to bandage at 30weeks+ They were pretty pissed that there were 2 full time staff nurses going on mat leave at the same time. I still don't know how she got up from the floor!! Lol.

They only thing they won't send you into is shingles patients. Once I tell them I will be fighting having to go into double ups to violent patients or houses where there's alcohol/drug abuse. Its just too volatile.

I've got the maternity policy for some night time reading. Lol.

Hi ladies, how's everyone today?

I finally got round to booking my scan for saturday. Needless to say I am terrified and excited at the same time!

Ummi, that's fantastic, I know I would feel the same, I've still heard nothing from my epau so I'm going to ring them today, I spent an awful 6.5 hours in A & E last night with a suspected dvt, luckily they think it's inflammation of the veins instead but it's very painful, I think we must have the worst emergency service going here, it was appalling, sitting in the same hard chair for 6.5 hours with my feet down which made the pain loads worse, I got sent to 3 different departments before finally sending me back to the first people that I was supposed to see. Oh well. Xxxxx

Ummi that's great! How far along will you be?

Oasis - that sounds horrendous! Are you OK?

Feeling exhausted today! I've been on a training course all this week and we had a slightly earlier finish to allow us to revise for an exam tomorrow so I thought a strategic nap would help - typically after struggling to keep my eyes open, now I'm home I can't sleep! Felt less sick today though, which was nice but hope nothing to worry about *must stop over analysing everything!*

How is everyone?

Xxxx

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join this thread.

I am 6+1 today. I've had two previous chemicals last year and so very very anxious about this one.

I had a tiny bit of pink discharge earlier which made me sad :( Nothing since though so touch wood it was just a fluke. Rang my gp who is pretty useless I have to say but they won't do a scan yet as its too soon.

Anyway I've read through this entire thread and you all seem very kind and supportive so it would be nice to join if that's ok?

I hope my peanuts ok :( Got to stay positive but finding it difficult.

I'll be 7+1 dreamer. I'm just so glad I only have to wait one more day (PMA, I'm counting today as gone already). But tbh, I am preparing myself for every kind of ending... But hoping for the best!

Bobster: welcome on our thread. The more the merrier!! I hope your spotting is just nothing to worry about. x.

Thanks umm. I'm sure it will go well on saturday but I can understand your fears. I'm going to try and get a private scan in week 7. It's terrifying. Guess we have to keep positive though. I've been doing the dreaded Google searching- don't know why I insist on punishing myself by reading sad stories! Will keep my fingers crossed for u on saturday

Welcome bobster! I hope this is your sticky bean, just as I hope its all of our sticky beans!!

Ummi - cant wait to hear how your scan goes!! I've got 2weeks until mine still. I just want time to fly by!! Lol.

I had a clearblue digi left over so I thought I'd use it. Only managing to hold for an hour at most at the moment but still got my 3+!! So I'm happy!! Lol.

Ummi that's great! How far along will you be?

Oasis - that sounds horrendous! Are you OK?

Feeling exhausted today! I've been on a training course all this week and we had a slightly earlier finish to allow us to revise for an exam tomorrow so I thought a strategic nap would help - typically after struggling to keep my eyes open, now I'm home I can't sleep! Felt less sick today though, which was nice but hope nothing to worry about *must stop over analysing everything!*

How is everyone?

Xxxx

Thanks hunni, its been really painful today but I'm ok, felt much more sick today for nearly the whole day so that was nice lol but comforting xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->