****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Firstly Ummi, sorry to hear the news of your scan, but I think you did the right thing opting to have the procedure then and there. I agree with the other ladies you have been very brave throughout this I would have been going out of my mind. Thinking of you.

There seem to be so many of us right now worrying and just not enjoying being pregnant its so hard when you have had losses the joy as gone and you are left with constant nagging anxiety on every level. All my 3 m/c have all been 6w so personally I feel reassured that I am well past that point however I still worry every day.

Fifemum - This is also my 3rd and this time around I am working full time while trying to manage my 2 kiddos, its utterly exhausting and I have never been this tired.

Oasis - I know it must be so hard as you approach that date, and you are not going to start relaxing until that scan. We both have our NT scans on April 2..a bit scary. I am just hoping its ok. I am 39 in April so fully expecting to be high risk too. I have already decided not to get an amnio period and am actually thinking about not doing the NT scan or the blood testing. I am not sure about that though, its also a good excuse to see bubs again and have some reasurrance. We don't get our big anomaly scan here till 20w.

Dreamer - GL today will be checking in later.

Grace - we have told our parents. I don't really believe in keeping that news from your closest family. I know its technically because of the mc risk etc but personally i want family support if something bad happens.

GL with your scan and have fun spreading the news.

Good luck everyone with mw appt and scans soon. Sure you all be ok! But I understand the anxiety though.

Afm: thx for all your kind words. It means a lot.
Yesterday went better than I expected. At least it was not as painful as I thought. I did have some cramps when coming, but they gave me some strong painkillers to take when I'm in pain. Had a good night rest and was ok when I woke up so didn't take any more painkliller. However, after running up and down the stairs I had more cramps, so I defo took them again. The staff was fantastic, considering the situation. what a difference from when I had my 1st mc. They've told me that next time I get pg, I just call then and they'll give me reassurance scan. So what my gp told me about heavily bleeding before they send to the epau is b***s***. (excuse my language, but as you can imagine i am really angry w/them). and when it was all over, i told the nurse and the that I hope to see them next time w/good news. An the doc replied "no, next time I see you, you'll be in the labour ward and I'll be delivering your baby". Bless her.
Next plan of action for me: changing my gp, asking the new one for contraception (planning on taking 3-6months break ttc), have a health check, maybe concentrate in getting my driving licence too. getting busy and concentrating on the lo's I already have. Kids have just come back, so pleased to see them!

Sorry for going on. I hope everyone is ok, *hugs* to everyone and more *hugs* if you're having a wobble day. Those are defo not nice. Can't wait to hear from you all when you'll have big bumps and all your worry will be labour pain! ;-)

Goddess I had no idea our scans are on the same day, that makes me feel a little better:) you're not as old as me though lol ive a couple of years on you but yes we prob wing get amazing odds but you never know!! Xxx

Ummi you've been constantly in my thoughts, I'm so glad you were treated so well, and so you should be! Thinking of you xxxxxx

I had odds of 1:350 with my son and that was because they found some soft markers in the US. I was 34 then. I had odds of 1:15,000 with my daughter and I was 36 then. I am really quite scared to be honest.

Ummi agreed, it sounds like the staff were really sensitive and dealt with everything really well. Keep taking the pain killers and try to relax. I think changing your GP sounds like a good idea.

I am too goddess, it's a shame we have these extra worries as we get older too, as if we haven't got enough to worry about! I've been getting little bit of pulling today but apparently that's normal at 10 weeks, I'm sure I'm getting really mild Braxton hicks today, my mw told me cause this is my 6th pregnancy I could get them much earlier but I was getting them at 6 weeks with the first pregnancy last year and that ended in mc so at the moment that's worrying me the most:( xxxx

Thanks ladies - my scan is at 12:30 tomorrow. I also have my proper nhs one on the 2nd April! I am worried about the tests too *big hugs*
Grace - great to hear from you and that you're doing well! Good luck for your scan next week! I have told my mum and dad and we have told my mother in law. I think wen I get to 12 weeks will tell my siblings and close friends, then others after scan which is at 13+2, tho to be honest I am already 'showing' so think people must have guessed or at least suspect already! I had the attitude last time that I would tell people who were close to me as if he worst happened I would want them to know/ need their support. I feel the same this time but I'm holding off telling many people because I just want to be able to say I'm pregnant and get excited with them! Rather than I'm pregnant but it's still early so please keep it to your self or trying to stop other people getting carried away of that makes sense... Xx

Ummi - glad you are ok, and that you have a lovely family to look after you. I'm a bit wobbly anyway but your post made me cry! Glad you are not in too much physical pain, try rest if you can and a hot water bottle (and chocolate!) might help xxx

Oh no dreamer! Sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. Don't worry, I'm ok ;-)
Believe me even if it's in a year or two, I'll bump this thread and let you all know when I get my lil rainbow.
"I'll be back!" *puts on her sunglasses* :D

Ummi - yes I am sure you will! Sending you lots of good luck for when you are ready to try again or if you decide to take your driving test! Xx

Dreamer you're on the 2nd too wow what a coincidence, hope it's lucky for us all xxx

Ummi you most def will be back hunni, wishing you masses luck for the future but don't go too far or I'd miss youxxxx loads love xxxxx

Hi ladies, had my booking appt and am a tad worried as midwife told me my NHS scan which is on 2 nd might be too late for the combined test. She's tried to get me another appt but hospital are saying they are fully booked! I want the combined test but no idea what to do if they can get me another appt?

Like we don't have enough to stress about! Sorry rant over!

Hope you're all well otherwise?

Oasis - after your post - I had a play with the Doppler and with some patience heard babys heartbeat :happydance: :happydance:

Now I just have to restrain myself as I read that although its safe you shouldn't do it too often!

Pat - what's the combined test? Is it standard? Apologies I should probably know!

Xxx

Are you quite skinny dreamer. I am quite fat and i am scared to try using my doppler just yet. I have my MW appt next Friday and I am hoping to hear it then will be 2 days shy of 12w.

Thanks goddess - I wouldn't say I was in the best shape and I am ever expanding (lol) but I am quite petite yes ... A UK 10 if that means anything....

I wasn't expecting to hear anything to be honest and th

... And I couldn't believe it at first, but I found my hb too (always a good sign) and babys was much faster! Tho didn't stay still for long xxx

Ooo and I think the mw will be much more skilled so you have a good chance of hearing it with her :thumbup: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->