****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I have no headache today so that's a major plus, yest it was bad, I've had one a day since about week 6! I can't wait to bloom either:) still hating chocolate as much which can only be good as I've lost 2lb these last ten weeks and aim to put on just a healthy amount for baby as I'm already overweight! By this time with my first pregnancy/loss last year I'd put on 3lb, my mw said losing weight in the first trimester is fine but obviously later on you do need to put weight on. I've totally changed my eating habits and haven't eaten any junk so I'm going to keep that up all the way through:) xxx

Yay! That's really good well-done! Considering I keep throwing up - I think I may have put a little weight on - but hoping when I feel better I can do some light exercise, if the weather warms up it would be lovely to go go for a walk or something in the fresh air. I don't yet hate chocolate, but I certainly have gone off it - though my mum gave me some Lindor mini eggs and I am making my way through them slowly, so it may be returning lol. Really fancy a mcflurry mind! But midwife said that was a no no, oh and a runny egg! (but not together obviously) xxx

Lol I def miss a dippy egg:) we don't drive so we walk everywhere (god knows how I'm overweight!) My son's pre school is an hour round trip and I do that twice a day three times a week, I'm sure if I didn't walk so much I'd be a lot bigger than a 12/14! We also walk to get our shopping, everything really, I used to drive but was involved in a hit and run which damaged my neck 12 years ago so I never wanted to drive again. I still can't bear the thought of eating chocolate which is lucky as I def ate too much before:) xxx

Mmmm dippy egg and soldiers! I keep fancying all the things I'm not allowed. Lol. The other night I really wanted an ice cold glass of bulmers. I'm going to have to stay away from beer gardens this summer. Lol.
I feel like I've p put on so much weight. I think I'm up about 4lbs already. I did nearly give in and have a mcflurry yesterday. But I was strong. Lol.

Haha oh I know it's awful! I was craving coleslaw the other day:( I must make some myself if I ever get the time, and potato salad, love that, I didn't know with my son you couldn't have all these things, I knew the normal ones but prepared salads, coleslaw, pre packaged sandwiches I ate all through! We are going to The Harvesters next weekend with dh family and everyone will be asking me why I'm.not having anything from the salad bar! Xx

Yes that's so true. I hadn't realised about pre-packed sandwiches or prepared salads -:dohh: tho I don't think I've had any.... And also think the risk is low, but equally doesn't hurt to be extra cautious. I guess that includes things like a panini in Starbucks? Or not because it's cooked/warmed through.... :shrug: I maybe over thinking this lol.

I think it includes paninis because they're stored cold then only warmed. If I forget lunch at work I tend to stop by the bakery because everything there is freshly prepared. I'm assuming that's okay?
With most foods in the UK the risk is pretty low because of all the food quality controls we have here. Most things are safe here, but not everywhere. I read a info sheet the other day of all the things you shouldn't eat during pregnancy. it was only after reading it and thinking but my midwife said most of these are fine in this country did I realise the info sheet wasn't written for the UK.

Thanks Girly, when i don't bring in lunch, I tend to avoid the pre-packed sandwiches at work anyway so either have one from the deli, or indulge my current obsession with jacket potatoes lol. I think a bakery would be ok.... Xx

I've never liked the pre-packed sandwiches so I do indulge with the fresh made rolls at the bakery. Lol. I had been taking soup or rice in but we no longer have a microwave at work now. Can't wait for that to be replaced. When I can eat, with the amount I have to eat to fill me up it's gonna cost me a fortune. Lol.

I think the risk is really low although sometime ago in the news it said you were more likely to get Listeria from the salad than from the kebab in a take away! I think it doesn't hurt to play safe, bit annoying sometimes, my mw said if you can't guarantee its been thoroughly washed don't eat it! Xxx

We always wash our salad again anyway but I had completely forgotten about washing grapes the other week as I started eating them straight out the punnet on the way home. Then I worried about it. Lol. I do keep smelling everything before eating it though. Really believe the increased sense of smell is helping to keep me away from anything that doesn't smell quite right.

Yes I must admit I always wash the pre washed again but I reckon if I start doing that in the restaurant Saturday I may get some odd looks;) xxx

Oops I did not know about the potato salad. It has been my only craving and I gave in on Tuesday. I had to stay at work late for parent-teacher night so I ran to the deli for some. It is a busy store so I assume (hope) it was fresh. As a vegetarian I thought I was safe from most of the food we need to avoid. I am so nervous about which herbal teas are safe that I have not had any.

Yes apparently in case the potatoes haven't been washed thoroughly, I guess unless you wash it yourself you can't be sure so my midwife said but I wouldn't worry I had coleslaw before I knew and I was fine:) I'm gunna make my own potato salad this week I've been craving some for ages! Xxx

I guess I should be cooking more because you do not know how clean anything is unless you make it yourself. All this potato salad talk makes me want it again- haha. Funny thing is that I usually do not like mayo.

I don't like mayo either how funny, all I've thought about tonight is potato salad, cheese and peanuts lol, I could have eaten that for dinner:) xxx

I am afraid i dont follow any of the dont eat food rules... I have never had anything bad happen with any of these foods and just because I am pregnant now, I dont expect anything to happen to me or the baby. I think its just common sense stuff, wash foods, make sure its hot. Bla bla. I just try to be sensible but done rule anything out as long as its not to excess.

Hi ladies - has anyone experienced really bad indigestion/heart burn before? I am sure that is what I have but I'm doubled over in absolute agony and my tummy looks really bloated.... I am not normally such a wimp; but I can't believe how bad it is! Have left work early - luckily we have flexible hours and taken some gaviscon so hope that will help....

Xxx

Yep, unfortunately I had this all the way through with ds 4:( not nice at all, had to take gaviscon every day in the end, it was awful. I've already had bad heartburn a couple of times and everyday I have a pain as if I'm hungry, even when my stomachs full, just like before, I've just drunk a glass of cold water and that set the pain off! Xxx

Thanks Oasis - I am feeling a lot better now - i was starting to really worry. The gaviscon helped loads!! I think I'll keep the tablets in my bag from now on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->