****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Lactose, onion and garlic can cause slight problems for me. Also, if I eat too early in the day it's not good. So breakfast before work is difficult, I've resorted to taking cereal bars and things to work with me.

A food diary definitely helps. It also helps to do one now even if you don't suffer from ibs. Just to find out what foods trigger heartburn, what foods repeat, and what foods calm sickness now pregnant.

I'm finding my sickness has eased off the last couple of days, still there after eating but it's been a bit easier last couple days, was really bad before that, last time I worried but this time as I've got all my other symptoms I'm going to just enjoy feeling less ill while it lasts:) xx

My MS doesnt kick in till about now...1pm-8pm its pretty bad..then it tails off.

That's really good Oasis - make sure you enjoy it! I am feeling ever so slightly less sick, but I still keep being sick 5/7 nights this week!! Xx

Mine comes right at bedtime. So when I lay down absolutely shattered I start getting the feeling that everything from hours earlier is coming right back up. It's really annoying because its stopping me from falling asleep and then I'm really tired for work the next morning. Roll on 2nd trimester is all I can say! Lol.

I also get "evening" sickness. I do not actually vomit, but feel nauseous and get bad reflux/heartburn after 6pm. But I do not complain, I am grateful that I feel the worst after work. I find that taking probiotic capsules help with pre-pregnancy stomach issues, so I am continuing with them. I cannot tolerate any amount of dairy, even yogurt.

I had the worst dizzy spell today at work. Of course I was in the bathroom so I held on to the stall and slowly got myself to my desk. Luckily it was at the end of the day, so I had no more students to see. I had a coworker walk me to my husband's car at the end of the day. It was scary. I think I need to keep an eye on my (already low) blood pressure.

Oh, I completely forgot. I got my first bout of heartburn today after lunch. I didn't even know what it was!! Lol. I went to my friend, the only girl in the office who knows I'm pregnant, and asked what heartburn felt like. She described what I was feeling perfectly. Now how do I deal with this for the next 7 months? Lol. It's not nice!

Jaymelynn - I hope you don't have too much trouble with your blood pressure. These dizzy spells can be a bit of a nightmare.

Did you take anything for the heartburn? I have not found any home remedies that work, yet.

My usual blood pressure is like 90-100/65. Does anyone know if those free to use blood pressure machines at pharmacies are safe to use during pregnancy?

I was stuck at work so had absolutely nothing to ease it. I did stop by the pharmacy on the way home and the pharmacist assured me rennie is safe to take in all trimesters. I think I need to keep some on me from now on. Just in case.

That's pretty low when you factor in that blood pressure will always drop slightly in pregnancy anyway. If they're just the automated cuff ones you stick your arm in, they're perfectly safe. I know the wrist ones aren't accurate at all so I wouldn't even bother with those.

Food that is acidic, spicy or citrus can make heartburn bad. Tomatoes get me every time. Hopefully you can figure out what caused the heartburn to prevent it in the future.

That's what I get for saying anything, had my Dinner at 7.30 felt terrible immediately after which lasted 4 hours just easing off now, that will teach me to open my mouth lol xxxx

Woohoo!! Dancing around the room tonight. Lol. I kinda borrowed the Doppler from work for the night. Found baby's heartbeat almost straight away!!! So so happy.

Woohoo!! Dancing around the room tonight. Lol. I kinda borrowed the Doppler from work for the night. Found baby's heartbeat almost straight away!!! So so happy.

Aww that's amazing!! Congrats! I have a Doppler, and heard little one last night, I stop as soon as I hear it stop so it's on less than a min and only do it every few days for reassurance - though have no idea if that's just me being silly and it would cause no harm whatsoever? Xxx

A Doppler can't harm baby at all. The most it can do is that baby doesn't like the loudness of it so it may make them wriggle about more. Lol. It's the first time we've heard the heartbeat. I'm only 9+1 so really wasn't expecting to be able to find it so easily. Thought it might take another couple of weeks. What make is your Doppler? I really want to get one as I'm not really supposed to be bringing this one home much. We can get away with it overnight once in a while but not often. Xxx

Evening all how are you doing?

Thanks for the tips for relieving constipation!

Girly - tea is also my trigger but like you have cut out completely I tried having a cup this morn in the hotel but I just couldn't drink it! I have sadly succumbed to a glass of full fat coke, this evening I just really wanted some and it felt so good to drink as have been surviving on water for what feels like weeks! It also felt good to have burp :blush:

Oasis - hope your toothache is better, I will give activia a go this weekend!

I had a bit of a shocker today the antenatal clinic where I have my scan tomorrow were trying to call me but I was in meetings all afternoon. I called back as they had messed up my appts but stupidly they called the only landline number I must have on file which is my parents number! So I get a text from my mum saying the ante natal clinic called about your appt tomorrow..I haven't told my family yet and am SO mad at the hospital! I have no idea how/ why they have my parents number as not to mention countless house moves, changing name/marriage! I have only been giving my mobile for years.. Still seething! :growlmad:

And surely they should never have mentioned what the appt was for to someone other than me!

A Doppler can't harm baby at all. The most it can do is that baby doesn't like the loudness of it so it may make them wriggle about more. Lol. It's the first time we've heard the heartbeat. I'm only 9+1 so really wasn't expecting to be able to find it so easily. Thought it might take another couple of weeks. What make is your Doppler? I really want to get one as I'm not really supposed to be bringing this one home much. We can get away with it overnight once in a while but not often. Xxx

:happydance: that is really great that you found it at just over 9 weeks, mine is an angel sounds one ..... I got it off Amazon. I didn't really try before but I found it just before 11 weeks....sometimes baby plays hide and seek though lol.

I've heard a lot of people raving about the angelsounds ones. I may have to have a look. I was pretty unsure about trying so soon but couldn't help myself. Lol. I find it amazing that they can hide in there! Lol.

Evening all how are you doing?

Thanks for the tips for relieving constipation!

Girly - tea is also my trigger but like you have cut out completely I tried having a cup this morn in the hotel but I just couldn't drink it! I have sadly succumbed to a glass of full fat coke, this evening I just really wanted some and it felt so good to drink as have been surviving on water for what feels like weeks! It also felt good to have burp :blush:

Oasis - hope your toothache is better, I will give activia a go this weekend!

I had a bit of a shocker today the antenatal clinic where I have my scan tomorrow were trying to call me but I was in meetings all afternoon. I called back as they had messed up my appts but stupidly they called the only landline number I must have on file which is my parents number! So I get a text from my mum saying the ante natal clinic called about your appt tomorrow..I haven't told my family yet and am SO mad at the hospital! I have no idea how/ why they have my parents number as not to mention countless house moves, changing name/marriage! I have only been giving my mobile for years.. Still seething! :growlmad:

And surely they should never have mentioned what the appt was for to someone other than me!

Oh no - that surely shouldn't happen! Was your mum supportive? Xxx

Girly922- that is great that you heard the heartbeat so early! What a relief it must be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->