****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I hope they do let you see baby, as they are already checking your cervix, they told me they now check the cervix as a decrease in size and a shorter cervix can indicate a risk of pre term birth so it's an important marker, thankfully mine was long and closed:) xxx

Thanks ladies - I am thrilled!

I wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow! :0( I've had practically a week off and it's been lovely! :0)

Cant write too much as I am at work...

The scan was great. It was lovely seeing the baby moving around so much. Will post a pic later. NT measurement was 2mm so totally fine and everything looks great with the baby. HE/She was asleep at the beginning so the sonographer was able to get the measurement right away. Bun seemed to be fond of turning and lying on its left hand side sucking its thumb.

Congrats dreamer.. I am so excited for you.

3 out of 3 went well.

Goddess congrats on your scan going well too x

Oasis I really hope they do I can't possible wait another 3 weeks til dating scan and I hope my cervix is ok as don't fancy a stitch in it :/

Fabulous news Goddess, woke up to go to the loo, as you do:) and wondered how you got on.so came onto see, so very pleased!! Xxx
Geordiemammy I guess it depends on who you get, if it were me scanning you a little look at baby and to see a heartbeat wouldn't hurt, especially as they are already scanning you, really hope you get someone nice who gives you a little peek, hope you are not up too much tonight, you need your rest, you're a supermum! Xx

I get US every two weeks for cervical checks, usually you can see the baby, and they let you look. If not ask them too, you're paying for the scan. Best wishes for long and tight. Lol.

Giordimammy...sorry about sp I would imagine that they would have a quick look at the baby especially if they are scanning you anyway. If they don't appear to be doing that you can always ask them to have a wee quick look.

https://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii503/goddess7525/20130402_175728_zps7f3f2575.jpg

Oasis love that you checked in on me when you were up at the loo.

Sorry about the picture size.
Have a few more but this was one of the clearer ones...measuring ok for dates. HR good and Neuchal fold of 2mm. So overall very pleased.

Big scan on May 10.

You were the first thing I thought of hunni, after the loo lol, what a beautiful clear picture, you must be so pleased, amazing pic xxxxx

Fantastic scan goddess!! Really clear. Not long now until your next scan :)

Wonderful news Goddess!! :happydance:

I'm away for a few days now girls, so keep baking those buns and catch up with you in a few days!

Had my scan this morning and baby is measuring 11 weeks so they are bringing my dating scan forward it was jumping around so pic ain't great but here is my bean

image.jpg

Yay geordiemammy fab news. How was your cervix?

So I am thinking of not doing SIPS Part 2, this means I wont get the combined result of my first blood tests, the NT scan and Part 2 blood tests. I wont be generated a statistic..but I am thinking the scan was good and the baby looked good. Do I need to put myself through the worry of a high risk number due to my age. I feel that anything big would show up on the scan right?

Fantastic geordiemammy!!! When they did internal one I couldn't see baby very clearly, abdominal one was best so now you get to see that very soon, really made up for you and I'm so pleased they let you see baby:) Yes how was your cervix? Xxx
Goddess from what dh and I have read the combined tests gives a lot of false positives and doesn't pick up many cases where there are abnormalities, although we wanted to now if there were markers, I've now decided I'm not going to pay much attention to the numbers, I didn't get a phone call yesterday or today which I'm really surprised about as was expecting very high risk, they said they would call me in for app immediately if high risk or if low it would be 3/5 days through the post:) I'm really tending to agree with you, unless you are prepared for CVS or amnio that risk doesn't mean much I don't think, not from what I've been reading. Maybe it's better to go by markers, although for us anyway we really do want to know if the bloods are clear xxxx

Geordiemammy- massive congrats!

Goddess - I don't know much about the tests, I read on another forum someone else who wasn't having it done, and they said that the 20 week scan would show any major abnormalities, if that helps at all. I think it would be better to know, but as you say if it's likely to come out high anyway is it worth the extra worry, I think you just need to go with your instincts to decide what to do.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->