****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Hi ladies :flower:

How you all doing? I had a really relaxing break last week, bit chilly but I slept loads which was just heavenly :sleep:

Oasis/Goddess wow I can't believe you are feeling movement already, I can't wait for that experience I have nothing to compare it to so will keep you posted! I have been getting really sharp twinges this past week though, am hoping it's just ligaments moving does that seem right? I got quite worried at one point but I am still feeling touches of nausea daily which is strangely a comfort!

I'm 15 weeks tomorrow I can't believe it! I told my boss and a few close work colleagues today it feels so nice to tell people.

DH and I haven't even considered names at all yet, tbh am probably going to wait for my 20 week scan.

Oasis - I didn't get any Trisomy results in my letter, did you have to ask specifically for it? I will ask the MW next week if so.

Hope you are all doing well :hugs:

Pat don't worry about those sharp twinges, I've been getting exactly the same! Mine are almost like a stitch like feeling, quite sharp, up either side of my belly. The tests I had are standard but I was asked at my 8 week mw appointment if I was happy to have all tests, which I was, from what I've read it depends on your area/health authority what's offered, I was really impressed with my care, the scan was very detailed, it was done by experienced sonographers from The Fetal Medical centre in London who also operate at my local hospital, there were three of them and it was a very detailed scan, can't wait for my 22 weeker on the 21st May to see what we're having! Having a sick day today, it's not gone for good yet:( xxxx

Oh and sorry pat I meant to say, I had my blood took before the scan, I got a copy of the scan results that day and was told my trisomy blood results would follow in 2-5 days which they did today:) xxxx

I didn't think I would feel movement so early not sure if I am feeling it because its the 3rd. I had my mw today and she was listening to the baby which was bopping about, she said to me this baby sure moves a lot then it kicked the Doppler...she was like did you feel that. She was amazed and said it was fairly unusual at 14w..she also told me that my scan from last week the baby measured 1 day ahead so pretty spot on for dates.

The scan result to her didn't say anything because it said the scan will be correlated with both blood work to give results...I am really not sure what to do. She said a lot of what they check for in the blood tests would not show up on the scan..so I am a bit torn.

She said that being almost 39 puts you at greater risk of your baby having these conditions but that it does not automatically put you at high risk number.

I meant to say I also have varicose veins in my labia....I got them in my 2nd pregnancy and then it disappeared after she was born and they are back with a vengeance. Its really quite painful. I feel like I should be a 100w pregnant rather than 14.

Goddess, I had a very painful varicose vein in my labia with ds 4 so I'm sure I'll get the same a bit further on! I doubt very much if my mw will believe me that I was feeling baby so early then, if its unusual at 14 weeks what would she make of 10! I wasn't 100% til I was 12 weeks but watching the scan and feeling baby move in time as I watched there was no kidding myself anymore, now baby moves most of the day it's got much stronger and I can feel baby turn and now little taps. I've got mw in a couple of weeks. Yes they told me what they look for in the blood which is raised hcg levels and a protein, low levels of I think, wouldn't show up on a scan, what will you do goddess? I really thought at 41 I'd be doomed to be high risk! Xxxx

I started feeling this baby about 11w i think so really not that far behind you...OK a lot of the time it did follow with a fart but i am sure it was real sometimes. I can feel stronger taps now but its only a few times per day, when I am quiet that I notice it.

My Mw told me yesterday that I have till 20 something weeks I have it written down to do the second blood test, she told me that I still have time to do the big scan which is May 10 and if that looks fine and there are no soft markers then at that point I still have the luxury of deciding to do the blood work. Still not sure. I just feel happy and relaxed now about this pregnancy and like you am anticipating high numbers.

DId you find that anything helped with the VV. I find it really uncomfortable.

Lol goddess, followed with a fart that had me giggling!!!! I don't feel taps all day, just a couple, it's the wriggles and turns I feel most of the day, yes you can have that blood test done at 22 weeks, I will be having a repeat blood test then so at least you can think about it. Don't forget I was expecting really high numbers and got a low risk so you never know hunni xxxxx I didn't find anything to help with the varicose vein unfortunately if they're on your leg you get support stockings but I wonder what they could do for them in your bits?:/ xxxxx

You can buy some odd girdle thing as I was googling online...it looked uncomfy and it was super expensive.

Doing ok today so far but its early days at 7.50am.

Yesterday was a horrible day..pretty much had awful gas pains from getting up till going back to bed and I had to resort to taking a gas x thing at bedtime. I am horribly constipated and totally not helping myself any so its my own fault really. Glad that when i woke up this morning it was gone.

Didn't feel the baby move yesterday or today yet...but I had so much pain not sure I could have felt it through that. Hoping that bun is ok. Will do my doppler tonight if I don't feel anything through out the day.

Glad you have no nausea Oasis..i think mine is gone for the most part have some waves of medium nausea throughout the day but it doesn't last long thankfully.

Thanks hun, I've pretty much been free from nausea today which is such a relief as was so ill last two days, I'm still really suffering with gas too, it's really annoying and it does give some pain sometimes too, hoping that goes now I'm in the second trimester xxxx

I haven't been sick today but I'm scared to be lol I was at a&e e last night with chest pains apparently I have damaged cartilage in my chest due to coughing throwing up and sneezing so much lately :( have any of you herd of the needle test that tells you the sex of all your babies past present lost and future?? X

I've never heard of that I have to say, where did you hear that geordiemammy? Xxx

Oh and hope youre ok I meant to say and not in.any pain xxxx

Just googled it and watched a vid on you Tube watching it done, very interesting! Xx

The pain is unreal but won't go til I stop stressing it more so paracetamol is my best friend not that it does much lol

Its a really old way to tell the sex with a seeing needle on thread it moved side to side for a boy and circles for a girl I was at my friends today and she don't it to me as was right for her and all her family after your last child the needle doesn't move again or if you aren't having any at all it stays still so mine came out with girl for my loss at 15 then my 4 boys then another 4 boys for mcs then girl for this one then stopped so when I got home I did it to my partner cause it works on the men too as my 4 boys aren't his it said boy boy boy boy for the 4 mcs we have had then girl then stopped he was pretty freaked out that it said the same lol x

Goddess hope the wind goes and oasis hope the sickness stays away x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->