****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Hello! I have been trying to decide if I was ready to post in this thread. I am almost 6 weeks pregnant after a mmc in November. I am super nervous and excited. I am extra nervous because I do not have any real symptoms yet. I have my first appt/scan Feb 13, less then a week to go!

WELCOME! I'm on the same exact page as you. My first appointment is on the 14th. The ladies on this thread are great! You'll be glad you posted. :hugs:

[/QUOTE]
My doc said no reason to do anything different, this will be treated as a normal pregnancy. My first appointment is on 2/14 I will have a scan that day as part of the normal protocol. But I am going to ask about some closer monitoring between 6 and 12 weeks since that is when I miscarried last time. We'll see what they say.
It's frustrating isn't, I just want to know what's going on in there all the time![/QUOTE]

I also want to ask for extra scans between 6-12 weeks because my mmc was at 8 weeks. Where do you live? It seems most doctors do not do 6 week scans, I am grateful that it is the norm for my doctor.

My doc said no reason to do anything different, this will be treated as a normal pregnancy. My first appointment is on 2/14 I will have a scan that day as part of the normal protocol. But I am going to ask about some closer monitoring between 6 and 12 weeks since that is when I miscarried last time. We'll see what they say.
It's frustrating isn't, I just want to know what's going on in there all the time![/QUOTE]

I also want to ask for extra scans between 6-12 weeks because my mmc was at 8 weeks. Where do you live? It seems most doctors do not do 6 week scans, I am grateful that it is the norm for my doctor.[/QUOTE]

I live in Michigan. My doc does a scan at the first ob visit I think just to confirm dates. I'm thankful for that. I don't think they'll agree to any additional monitoring but I'm gonna at least try. I had no signs of miscarriage, nothing no spoting cramping nothing then at my 12 week appointment no heart beat. It was crushing.

It's frustrating isn't, I just want to know what's going on in there all the time!

I also want to ask for extra scans between 6-12 weeks because my mmc was at 8 weeks. Where do you live? It seems most doctors do not do 6 week scans, I am grateful that it is the norm for my doctor.[/QUOTE]

I live in Michigan. My doc does a scan at the first ob visit I think just to confirm dates. I'm thankful for that. I don't think they'll agree to any additional monitoring but I'm gonna at least try. I had no signs of miscarriage, nothing no spoting cramping nothing then at my 12 week appointment no heart beat. It was crushing.[/QUOTE]

I also did not have any spotting or cramping or signs of a miscarriage. The only thing I thought was odd was that my pregnancy symptoms were fading. The only reason I got the 8 week scan was because the heartbeat was on the slower end of normal at the 6 week scan. My doctor did not think anything of it, but said I could schedule an extra scan to ease my nerves. She too was shocked when we no longer heard a heartbeat. I think she will let me go for extra scans, but I do not want to overdo it either. How are you feeling this time around?

Jaymelynn- I am feeling pretty pregnant this time and I have had my hcg drawn a bunch. But mostly I am just a ball of nerves, I feel like at any second everything will change and I won't be pregnant anymore. I'm trying to stay positive though. How about you? Good symptoms this time?

Jaymelynn- I am feeling pretty pregnant this time and I have had my hcg drawn a bunch. But mostly I am just a ball of nerves, I feel like at any second everything will change and I won't be pregnant anymore. I'm trying to stay positive though. How about you? Good symptoms this time?

How many Betas did you get so far? What were they? I only had two - in my sig

I am glad you are feeling pregnant and have hcg levels to ease your nerves. Any morning sickness yet? I am really nervous because I barely have any pregnancy symptoms. But I try to tell myself that I had all the "classic" pregnancy symptoms right away last time and it ended in a mc. I am trying to keep positive and not stress out too much, which is easier said then done.

How many Betas did you get so far? What were they? I only had two - in my sig

I have had 6 HCG's drawn (I have a friend who is a physician so she ordered them for me, my OB only ordered the first 2) I don't really know exactly how many dpo each one was at but here are the dates and levels
1/23/13- 26
1/25/13- 86
1/28/13- 553
1/30/13- 1175
2/4/13- 6188
2/6/13- 15,285
I am pretty happy with that last number :thumbup: Now I am just hoping that this little person hangs on [-o<

I am glad you are feeling pregnant and have hcg levels to ease your nerves. Any morning sickness yet? I am really nervous because I barely have any pregnancy symptoms. But I try to tell myself that I had all the "classic" pregnancy symptoms right away last time and it ended in a mc. I am trying to keep positive and not stress out too much, which is easier said then done.

I have not had any morning sickness, but I never did with my other pregnancies so I think that is normal for me. I do have a very sensitive nose these days and my boobs are very tender. I also have the crazy bloat going on that the other girls were talking about which is new for me. I did have pretty normal pregnancy sx's last time too though so who knows??

I know exactly what you mean about trying to keep positive, it is very hard. It's the not knowing, we have no idea what is going on in there, it makes me crazy. I keep googling rates of recuurent miscarriage and all this stuff. I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse.

It's been so nice having people to talk to who are going through the same thing. No one else, even my dearest friends, really understand my feelings.

Due: nice numbers indeed! Hope that helps you relax a little. A lovely ladies on another PAL thread advised me NOT to google anything. So I follow her advice, I only goole pushchairs and cribs! Lol!

How is everyone today?

Due: nice numbers indeed! Hope that helps you relax a little. A lovely ladies on another PAL thread advised me NOT to google anything. So I follow her advice, I only goole pushchairs and cribs! Lol!

How is everyone today?
You're right Google is evil but I can't help it :wacko:

Hi ladies, have just been for my blood test, now it's just a nervous wait to find out the results. Hopefully tues/wed. Those are fantastic numbers due! Xxx

Hi ladies, have just been for my blood test, now it's just a nervous wait to find out the results. Hopefully tues/wed. Those are fantastic numbers due! Xxx

Thanks! Can't wait to hear what yours are :thumbup:

Thanks but I'm so nervous about them! Ah well will know soon enough:) xx

Have you had any draws yet? If so what were your numbers?

No nothing, my own woman doctor refused to do any tests and I decided to see the other male doctor at our practice who immediately offered to do all the tests and was very understanding. I'm so glad I went back and saw him. I've never had any blood tests done, even when I was still getting positive tests 17 weeks after my last mc I was still refused any blood tests. I'd change my docs but there's none better in the area. I'm just going to see the male doc in future. Xx

No nothing, my own woman doctor refused to do any tests and I decided to see the other male doctor at our practice who immediately offered to do all the tests and was very understanding. I'm so glad I went back and saw him. I've never had any blood tests done, even when I was still getting positive tests 17 weeks after my last mc I was still refused any blood tests. I'd change my docs but there's none better in the area. I'm just going to see the male doc in future. Xx

I'll be saying prayers for you.

I wonder how the other docs are if yours are the best in the area!

I really hope everything will be ok!!

praying everything is ok oasis, im sure it is!:thumbup:

Im doing ok today. i agree with pp about google, stay off, I am trying "TRYING" my best to stay off line as much as i can. its so hard but i always seem to run into a story that scares me to death.

I am feeling ok today. my lower back is achey a bit and i get wierd pulls every so often in my lower belly. but thats it. Tomorrow im 5 weeks! Wish i could hit fast forward to 2/26, but thats ok, I need to work on my patience, this is good experience for me right? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->