****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

My two girls were 6lb 2 and 7lb 6! But that was with my ex and dh was 9lb 8 and so long as a baby, he's 6ft 5 now so I'm not surprised Casey was 9lb 1 but I wish they'd induced me sooner I was in agony with my back, hips etc and getting no sleep, had sleep in a chair in the end it was awful. Then Casey got stuck, and distressed and I ended up with emergency forceps, it was a terrible birth and I had a midwife from hell that ignored everything I said and made me push for hours with no pain relief other than gas and air and she took that away in the end and said I wasn't pushing properly which of course I was but Casey was stuck fast, thankfully in the end an amazing doctor came and rescued me, she might as well of been an angel as by then I'd passed out from the pain. I should of complained after but I just wanted to block it all out. My first two births were good so it really took me by surprise. The midwives still at my hospital and I swear if I get her we'll be telling her to get the f out the room and get me a different one xxxx

I had a right bitch with my last one who told me that I wouldn't be 4 cms and that the consultant lies and that he had no right to send me to get my waters broke then when she checked I was 6cms she broke my waters then just left me and when the pain got really bad at 3pm told me to stop moaning on and that I wouldn't need to push yet I went off it my ex said I looked like I was going to jump off the bed and smack her she clearly had no clue cause jake was born at 3:20pm he was 9lb 1 too z

It's frightening that these women are even allowed to practice, so sorry you had such a bad experience too, mine wasn't helped by an anesthetist coming in to do an epidural after hours of me begging then having a go at me saying why do want an epidural when you're 10cm dilated, you should be using your contractions to push to help your pain, he ground his knuckles into my back and was so rough, he also gave me the wrong kind of block that did nothing for my pain because he was annoyed at me I think. I was finally given a total block in theatre. All their attitudes changed when the doctor said Casey was stuck and I could have pushed for evermore but would never have been able to push him out. He came up to me after the birth to congratulate me and must of felt bad but should never have treated me like that. What with him and the midwife taking the gas and air away and threatening me with a c section it was horrendous. They said I was in much more pain due to being induced and also no break between contractions as my body tried to free Casey:( xxxxxxxx

Yeah I hear induction is much worse than normal labour my friend has 4 kids 1st 3 were a doddle to get out then she was induced with number 4 and was in hours and in agony she said she had never felt pain like it!!!

I'm hoping this one comes early not too early but 36-38 weeks would be good when I had my first mmc I nearly died due to blood loss as my cervix didn't open so I just hemeraged and end up collapsing at home then being rushed to theatre afterwards they said that loop biopsies can work one of 2 ways they can weaken your cervix or they can cause it to not dilate due to scar tissue I really don't want a section but I don't want to be in labour for hours and not dilate putting myself and baby at risk then have a section anyway so I'm considering asking for an elective section due to all the issues I have and maybe see if they will take my womb out at the same time but after 4 normal births I really wanted this to be the same it's the complication if my cervix doesn't dilate that's making me think maybe a section is the way to go x

I defo would of complained at all that mind!! Plus I think to be a midwife you should have had kids yourself so you can know what the person is going through x

God hun we have been through it that's for sure, hopefully this birth will be smooth for us both, we can only hope! Thanks for the link, I couldn't sign in earlier god knows why, since deactivating it I've had nothing but trouble but i'll get Adam (dh) to have a look later see if he can sort it out for me:) xxx
I wish I had of complained, looking back I should of but I couldn't even talk about it at first, I still find it hard now, when I told the mw about it I cried. Also with my eldest and first I was also induced but the birth was too quick. I was only 19, they gave me the pessary at 10pm telling me I'd get another at 6am, but I could still hear the nurses heels on the floor walking away and I was in agony, they didn't examine me, wouldn't believe me, stuck me in a bath and gave me two paracetamol, I think they just thought I was young and stupid, eventually someone examined me and all hell broke loose trying to get me to the delivery room, I had her at 1.06am just 3 hours and 6 mins after the first pessary. I tore from hole to hole, dunno how else to put that! And was sewn up wrong by a midwife and it caused me problems for years, it still is, I had a repair done but still have lot if pain there, when I had my first mc last yr the consultant said I needed another repair. Looking back I've not had the best of luck! Only Georgia's birth was good, epidural at 4cm and an episiotomy, I'm so hoping this birth is better, I know everyones scared but I'm more scared lol xxxxxxx

They done the same with my first when I said I needed to push said no way it would happen that quick I was only 17 but your body tells you the stuck me in a bath and I pushed lol when I got out they checked me and I was fully dilated honestly they think they know everything x

It's frightening that these women are even allowed to practice, so sorry you had such a bad experience too, mine wasn't helped by an anesthetist coming in to do an epidural after hours of me begging then having a go at me saying why do want an epidural when you're 10cm dilated, you should be using your contractions to push to help your pain, he ground his knuckles into my back and was so rough, he also gave me the wrong kind of block that did nothing for my pain because he was annoyed at me I think. I was finally given a total block in theatre. All their attitudes changed when the doctor said Casey was stuck and I could have pushed for evermore but would never have been able to push him out. He came up to me after the birth to congratulate me and must of felt bad but should never have treated me like that. What with him and the midwife taking the gas and air away and threatening me with a c section it was horrendous. They said I was in much more pain due to being induced and also no break between contractions as my body tried to free Casey:( xxxxxxxx

I had a similar one with dd2. They sent me home twice after waters went. Eventually kept me in and labour wouldn't progress fast enough. After hours of pushing I got an epidural, then they found out her head was trapped in pelvis and couldn't be pushed out. They then tried forceps which failed and I had to get an emergency c section in the end. 28 hours of labour! It was a joke. The doctor said afterwards that I shouldn't have been left so long and that the pushing could've broken her neck as she was is an odd position. Hopefully baby 3 will be easier.
How are you all feeling? Have been sick all weekend (poor immune system). A little better but getting no sleep due to the pains. It's like a weight shifts when I'm on my side and is agony. Body pillow isn't helping much either. Walking around is taking its toll too, if I have a good day and take the kids to the park, m in agony the next and can't get out of bed. MW appt on Thursday so hoping she can give me something or some reassurance. Almost halfway but look like I'm due to drop, stomach is huge! Roll on the 13th for scan :)

Geordie - I hope you feel better soon. Back pain is a nightmare. Was there much difference in pregnancies between your boys and girls?

Will be on later so will catch up properly then. Shattered so my man is gonna watch the kids to give me a nap. Speak later xx

Fife I only have boys and this is another boy according to gender scan will confirm further on 12th June I'm knackered all the time and oh just keeps going on about sodding housework getting done feel like punching him in the face half the time lol I know what you mean about the weight shifting it really hurts and the walking is a nightmare i went to the school for a meeting which is 2 minutes away and my legs were shaking and I felt sick with the pain ill be in me bed by the end of this pregnancy until its born I feel like a prisoner in my own home at the minute due to the back pain and I'm still bloody spotting so head is done in with that too baby isn't moving much or is in a position where I can't feel him so get a bit worried still have my sickness which of course is just great NOT every single bit of food makes me want to throw up or gives me heartburn and that peptac the doctors gave me is vile I nearly throw up as soon as it hits my mouth its like white gloop :/

Hope you feel a bit better soon have you referred to physio??? Xx

Hannah I can't believe how similar our firsts were!!! Sorry you're still spotting and feeling so bad, I'm really hoping it doesn't go on like this for you:( xxxx
Fifemum what a terrible experience too, I was left for hours on end and only called the doctor when Casey's hb was showing signs if serious distress, anything could have happened, I could of lost him. The body pillows not helping me either, the only thing helping my hips at night is sleeping upright which suffice to say is bloody hard but better than the pain in my hips if I try and lay down. I haven't really got much bigger in the last couple of weeks but I have now put on 7lb so they are obviously getting bigger!! Xxxx

Hi ladies,

How are you all doing? I started catching up but have decided to skip your last few posts as I didnt want to get too scared :nope: here's hoping we all have good births come October..

Will be 21 weeks tomorrow and had anomaly scan today and LO progressing well, everything was 'normal' so feeling relieved somewhat. LO was v. cute, had legs crossed and hands behind the head so looked as though it was in a hammock. Only two small concerns were the placenta was low so booked in for a 32 week scan and they noticed a small cyst so need to keep an eye on it. But am positive all is good so I can't complain.

Oasis - is yours tomorrow? Hope all goes well!

X

Hi Pat, sorry, wouldn't have intentionally wanted to worry you, the thread has been a bit quiet cept for a couple of us so thought it would be ok to chat about it. There's always gunna be bad along with the good, I've been told to request a different mw during labour if I'm not happy which we certainly will, I didn't know you could do that did nothing like that would happen again. Yes my scans 9.40 tomorrow my scan:) many congrats on yours! Xxxxxxx

I just typed out a long message and lost it!

Anyway in a nut shell it said:

Congrats Geordie on a boy and pat for your scan! Good luck for tomorrow oasis!

Hope everyone else is well, or feels better soon for those in any pain :o(

I'm excited as it's my scan Wednesday and we've just booked a holiday to Cyprus - yay!

Xxxx

No need to apologise Oasis ..chat away..I'm happy to bury my head in the sand :shy: Good luck for tomorrow!

Dreamer - good luck for Wed too.and heres to holidays in the sun..only a week on Friday til mine..

Btw if you like Gap maternity there's 20% off today if you put gapstyle in the voucher code it's only for one day though so get shopping!

Thanks Patabs! Where are you going on holiday?

I've been trying to find a maternity swimming costume/tanki but can't find one I like or feel good in... Thinking I might just take my usual bikini - which still fits and i feel more comfortable in. I'd wear a kaftan when not in the pool but is wearing a bikini taboo? Lol

Xx

Lol ok Pat:) and thanks ladies for the good luck, I'm nervous and excited!!! Cyprus, wow sounds amazing Dreamer xxxx

Are you finding out the sex wed dreamer I'm sorry my baby brain is terrible I can't remember! Xxx

He he - that's ok oasis - my memory is the same - we had a gender scan so I hope no suprises and they also say it's a boy lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->